Unpopular opinions.

People are extremely confused by the thread title.

Unpopular - Something that is generally not liked.
Opinion - A belief that is based on ground insufficient to create certainty.

Things like God Save the Queen being a shite anthem would be a POPULAR opinion.

Hope this clears things up and we can stop preaching to the choir. Thank you.

I'm not so sure about that. I remember having a discussion about it at work a few months ago and I was the only person who thought it was a bad national anthem. I was also the only one who wanted to get rid of the royal family.

33 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I'm not so sure about that. I remember having a discussion about it at work a few months ago and I was the only person who thought it was a bad national anthem. I was also the only one who wanted to get rid of the royal family.

Yeah, but your "work" is simply going around with Labour leaflets with a band of unionist clingons.

Depends what group of people you are talking to. God Save the Queen being a shite anthem and the monarchy being outdated is obviously a popular opinion on the forum. If you go down the bingo it will probably be an unpopular opinion.

Would depend on where the bingo is too.

Jmo not living in Leeds?

9 minutes ago, the_saints_are_coming said:

Depends what group of people you are talking to. God Save the Queen being a shite anthem and the monarchy being outdated is obviously a popular opinion on the forum. If you go outside into the real world it will probably be an unpopular opinion.

FTFY

People forget how utterly divorced from reality P&B is. Just look at the politics forum for proof.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

I beg to differ. First witness for the defence - Grim O' Grady.

It seems to be a generally unpopular opinion going by many of the posts on this forum. For some reason there has been a recent glut of superfluous apostrophes (or 'apostrophe's' as many would think) on here, especially in General Nonsense.

Anyway, my next one; This Is England is a shite film. It's dull and boring as f**k. 

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I think it's probably the Queen part for me. The fact that we still have a royal family is a black mark against this country.

I wonder what that Adam Peaty was thinking as he uncertainly mouthed the words to GSTQ. Was he thinking 'what the f**k am I singing here?' He possibly was. He was probably also thinking 'Yay, I won the gold medal' but there would also be that nagging sense of 'what the f**k am I singing'.

No Kings. Or Queens.

Probably trying to avoid getting any more abuse as he said he was proud of winning for the royal family when he was being interviewed after the race.

Probably trying to avoid getting any more abuse as he said he was proud of winning for the royal family when he was being interviewed after the race.

Was he getting abuse?

I just Googled that to see if it was true. Thought you were on the wind-up. "I'd like to thank the Royal family and everything that makes me proud to be British."

Deary me. I want to abuse him now. You'd think he could put a bit more oomph into his singing if he wanted to thank them. That was a very half-hearted performance of GSTQ.

43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Was he getting abuse?

I just Googled that to see if it was true. Thought you were on the wind-up. "I'd like to thank the Royal family and everything that makes me proud to be British."

Deary me. I want to abuse him now. You'd think he could put a bit more oomph into his singing if he wanted to thank them. That was a very half-hearted performance of GSTQ.

No idea if he got abuse or not. I hope not. Probably just a bit over-excited.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

People who respond to doping scandals by saying "well they should just have a race when people can take anything" are morons.

Just out of interest, who responded in such a way?