Unpopular opinions.

People that moan about the clocks changing are weak minded individuals. 
I just look at the time and my body knows what's up. These people that claim they're impacted by the change are nothing short of feeble attention seeking charlatans. 

ef0e0faa3feac8e77666bab2c375c363.gif

8 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

People that moan about the clocks changing are weak minded individuals. 

I just look at the time and my body knows what's up. These people that claim they're impacted by the change are nothing short of feeble attention seeking charlatans. 

Who has got so upset about clocks changing that’s led you to this rant? 

I had a McDonalds on Saturday. A (plain) cheeseburger and medium fries. Very basic stuff that tasted fine. It's hard to go wrong with bread, beef, cheese and potatoes (salt and pepper too). Not sure where the disgusting part of that it, but then not everyone shares the same tastes. For example I too find KFC absolutely disgusting and you could say it's just chicken so hard to go wrong, but they get it very wro

The clocks changing irks me somewhat. For about 30 seconds. 

I like the odd McDonalds. Sometimes nothing else will do. 

I think their coffee is good. Better than Costa and a third of the price. 

The clocks changing is a 5 way duel between good/shite/indifferent for me.

If they go back and I'm on nights, seething. If they go back and I'm on days, pleasing.
If they go forward when I'm on nights, pleasing
If they go forward when I'm on days, seething.
Anyother time... Partridge shrug.

If they go back and I'm on nights, seething. If they go back and I'm on days, pleasing.
Do you get paid the extra hour on nights when they go back? I never used to at my old shithole of a workplace and always thought that was wrong. I was working an extra hour ffs.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Do you get paid the extra hour on nights when they go back? I never used to at my old shithole of a workplace and always thought that was wrong. I was working an extra hour ffs.

Nope. These things even themselves out over the season.....

Edited by Bairnardo

Nope. These things even themselves out over the season.....
Aye they used that line on me as well. It only works if you get the return leg of when the clocks go forward: which I never got.

Load of shite.

I remember listening to Five Live years ago and someone phoned in to complain about the clocks changing, saying it completely ruined their body clock for months afterwards.  Completely mental.  I also remember posters on here many years ago getting absolutely irate about it, some linking it to some sort of anti-Scottish sentiment, people going on about farmers etc.  

It's a strange thing when you find people who are genuinely seething about some everyday thing that doesn't have any impact on you at all.  I mean, maybe they are right to be annoyed and I'm just missing out on the real damage it causes.

On 27/03/2022 at 01:56, Loonytoons said:

From another thread.
McDonalds is an assault of the taste buds.
Utterly vile tasting experience that you just can't remove from your mouth for over 24 hours.

I used to think the occasional McDonalds was a disappointing meal, but it's absolutely not. It's simply just shit and my expectations of it were the problem.

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We should be able to go back to imperial time now we've unshackled ourselves from Brussels red tape. That will sort it. 

exactly. I think I read it was Germany who introduced the national practice of Daylight Savings Time at the turn of the 20th Century and then UK and other European countries followed on. Why should we now post Brexit be following EU country practices such as this?? Our great British clocks should be at least 6 hours ahead of Europe to illustrate how far ahead we are of them in EVERYTHING that we now do.

I didn't vote BREXIT to take back control to continue to be one hour behind these monkeys. 

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Bloody johnny come latelys. 

Local mean times for local people 

Bristol Temple Meads station has an old clock from the mid 19th Century with 3 hands. It was designed to show local Bristol time as well as the new fangled Greenwich time. 

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

exactly. I think I read it was Germany who introduced the national practice of Daylight Savings Time at the turn of the 20th Century and then UK and other European countries followed on. Why should we now post Brexit be following EU country practices such as this?? Our great British clocks should be at least 6 hours ahead of Europe to illustrate how far ahead we are of them in EVERYTHING that we now do.

I didn't vote BREXIT to take back control to continue to be one hour behind these monkeys. 

I don't think we can enact that until the repairs on the Elizabeth Tower clock are complete