Unpopular opinions.

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

What about drivers who modify their cars to sound like they're constantly farting fireworks?

What's that all about anyway? Just attention seeking?

If it was 40 years ago the answer would be British Leyland's quality standards and my dad being too cheap to buy 4 Star

Now it's attention seeking. I always hope one of these eejits will have their engine blow up or the car fall apart Blues Brothers style.

56 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

A cod supper, correctly cooked is superior to a haddock supper. 

In for a penny.... The best obtainable takeaway from a chippie is a jumbo haggis supper with salt and vinegar accompanied by a small tin of baked beans.

Let mayhem commence! 😁

46 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

In for a penny.... The best obtainable takeaway from a chippie is a jumbo haggis supper with salt and vinegar accompanied by a small tin of baked beans.

Let mayhem commence! 😁

Half pizza supper with salt, vinegar and ketchup. 

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Let mayhem commence! 😁

Salt and chippy sauce and I will join you in dying on this hill.

Beans on the side though. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Salt and chippy sauce and I will join you in dying on this hill.

Beans on the side though. 

Well, I'll allow that.

I suppose it's at least partly due to where folk were born bread and buttered. I'm from the west, so my default position is salt and vinegar.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Half pizza supper with salt, vinegar and ketchup. 

Was with you until ketchup. 

Francos in Embra (by the meadows, not the Stockbridge one) did a half pizza supper for a pound at lunchtime in the 90s. Had one most days. With chip sauce. 

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Is a half pizza ever truly half a pizza? Doesn’t the act of cutting the original pizza create two fully-formed semi-circle-shaped pizzas?

If a chippie owner cuts a pizza in half in the woods... 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, I'll allow that.

I suppose it's at least partly due to where folk were born bread and buttered. I'm from the west, so my default position is salt and vinegar.

I'm from East Kilbride, but I recall visiting friends of my parents in Dalkeith as a youngster and we got a chippy on the way home. Life changing. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Is a half pizza ever truly half a pizza? Doesn’t the act of cutting the original pizza create two fully-formed semi-circle-shaped pizzas?

It is indeed, as the two half’s now exist with an “unfinished” edge.

Chicken breast full batter.

Half portion of chips.

Salt and brown sauce.

1 pickled onion

1 pickled egg.

2 slice of white bread or soft roll.

Ate that every Friday for about 4 years.

Sweating here just thinking about that, fucking eating Thai again today....

Edited by SlipperyP

I was on holiday last week and we visited an old fashioned seaside resort in the North of England.  I got fish and chips because that's what these places are famous for and it while it was nicely cooked and there was nothing 'wrong' with it, it made me feel ill for the next day.  Just that volume of fried food isn't something I can really cope with anymore.  Honestly have no idea how people eat like that all the time.

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

Was with you until ketchup. 

Francos in Embra (by the meadows, not the Stockbridge one) did a half pizza supper for a pound at lunchtime in the 90s. Had one most days. With chip sauce. 

When I was a student in the mid-90s there was a chip shop on Sciennes in Edinburgh and another just up from there on Causewayside, both of which did very cheap half-pizza suppers. I lived just up from there and would frequent regularly. 

Not only is the half pizza more affordable on a student budget, but I always felt that it was better because it got put face down on the chips and they got embedded into the molten surface. A whole pizza would be folded in half therefore losing this element of the fun.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was on holiday last week and we visited an old fashioned seaside resort in the North of England.  I got fish and chips because that's what these places are famous for and it while it was nicely cooked and there was nothing 'wrong' with it, it made me feel ill for the next day.  Just that volume of fried food isn't something I can really cope with anymore.  Honestly have no idea how people eat like that all the time.

Sadly this is just the way of it. I think that's been the case for me since I was about 30. Once a year or so I'll have a hankering and get one and regret it for hours afterwards.

Avoiding chip shops is a lot easier since I moved to Bishopbriggs anyway, as they are uniformly appalling here.