Unpopular opinions.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't really find Father Ted funny.

Wasn't it yourself that recently said Bob Mortimer wasn't funny? Quite the picture you are building for yourself*

*Its a picture of a OFTW

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t particularly either. And for @BFTD benefit, mrs browns boys is worse than aids. 

I am, however, a miserable p***k. 

It's obligatory to tell us a couple of your favourite comedies for the purposes of mockery.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

2 hours ago, milton75 said:

Most of the time having a pedigree dog is borderline animal cruelty, and the British obsession with having them, particularly over the last few decades, is driven by vanity and selfishness.

There are people who breed these animals with the full knowledge that they'll require surgery for genetic defects, because they all do. Yet people buy them because the deformities are cute.

Good job, whichever wolf first decided it wouldn't hurt to pal around with the hairless apes.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There are people who breed these animals with the full knowledge that they'll require surgery for genetic defects, because they all do. Yet people buy them because the deformities are cute.

Good job, whichever wolf first decided it wouldn't hurt to pal around with the hairless apes.

"Dog lovers" having to have their Alsatian put down at 9 years old because its hips are f**ked. (see also pugs breathing, spaniel's runny eyes, etc. etc. ad infinitum)

The sort of folk that breed dogs are absolute wrong 'uns.

And a scruffy mutt is 100x nicer to look at than any ghastly cockerpoodle shit I've ever seen anyway. If you don't want dog hair all over your house and car maybe don't have a dog. That would be an easier solution than inbreeding some poor b*****d to the point of congenital illness.

3 minutes ago, milton75 said:

"Dog lovers" having to have their Alsatian put down at 9 years old because its hips are f**ked. (see also pugs breathing, spaniel's runny eyes, etc. etc. ad infinitum)

The sort of folk that breed dogs are absolute wrong 'uns.

And a scruffy mutt is 100x nicer to look at than any ghastly cockerpoodle shit I've ever seen anyway. If you don't want dog hair all over your house and car maybe don't have a dog. That would be an easier solution than inbreeding some poor b*****d to the point of congenital illness.

I’ve never understood the concept of pets.  Never had any desire to own a dog, cat, hamster, etc.  I honestly cannot understand what the attraction is.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You got married, didn't you ?

Yes but I’ve never sought to own or control my wife.  Though I realise many men feel that’s the relationship they should have with their wives/husbands/partners.

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You got married, didn't you ?

Pets don't usually go out and earn money either. He's a very, very good boy, and deserves a treat.

4 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Blue Lagoon at Glasgow Fort is easily the best chipper in Scotland.

You will not find a better fish and chip supper anywhere.

Considering the price, Blue Lagoon are overrated. Most towns will have a chippy of similar quality. Don't get me wrong, they do a perfectly good supper, but nothing extraordinary.

Similarly, I don't get the big deal about Harry Ramsden.

19 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I have no love for Shetland, but Frankies in Brae simply cannot be beaten 

33 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Have you been to every chipper in Scotland?