Unpopular opinions.

2 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

The bath satisfies my cravings in that regard.

It doesn’t have bubbles and you can’t sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. It’s a different sensation. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I would never get out of it if I had one.

Stayed with my wife in a little lodge near Glencoe for my her birthday not long back which had one. There was a sign in VERY SERIOUS CAPITAL LETTERS that warned against staying in for more than 30 minutes, for "health reasons". A magnum of champagne and six hours later, I don't think I have ever been so wrinkly. Almost fatally dehydrated, but happy.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Stayed with my wife in a little lodge near Glencoe for my her birthday not long back which had one. There was a sign in VERY SERIOUS CAPITAL LETTERS that warned against staying in for more than 30 minutes, for "health reasons". A magnum of champagne and six hours later, I don't think I have ever been so wrinkly. Almost fatally dehydrated, but happy.

Last time I stayed somewhere with one, I put in a similar shift. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd probably still be in it now if I hadn't needed to get out to piss out the last molecules of water in my body!

They're great as a very occasional treat, but I don't think I'd ever get one for the hoose.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I'd probably still be in it now if I hadn't needed to get out to piss out the last molecules of water in my body!

They're great as a very occasional treat, but I don't think I'd ever get one for the hoose.

We stayed at a cottage just before Covid. Lovely weather, hot tub outside, cold beer - magic. We went out every day but our evenings were always in the hot tub. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

6 hours, magnum of champagne, with Mrs Doctor Manhattan? Ooft. 

On 18/08/2024 at 09:01, Fullerene said:

Anybody wanting to know about the modern kilt should read "The invention of tradition".

More people should know this tbf, modern day kilts are only very loosely based on ancient ones which died out long before they were resarected in the 19th centaury. the whole idea that they are the  national dress is just w**k. 

A few years back Mrs Mullarkey and I treated ourselves to an overnight stay at Thainstone House in deepest teuchterland. They had a hot tub out the back so we took our chances. It was fine, but this was the middle of February and it was about -5°C.  An absolute nonsense coming out of the hot tub and your already shrivelled-up john thomas disappearing completely in the 3m trip from the tub to back inside.

On the plus side, I was able to hang my towel on Mrs Mullarkey's nips. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

You just said you love being submerged in warm water - I don’t know how the novelty of a hot tub can wear off with your logic if it provides warm water for you to be submerged in with added bubbles.

Albert Steptoe had it sorted

albert.jpg.cd5c2cf7747bf76659301e7f32b9f13e.jpg

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I think a lot of hot tub owners are doing it to show off tbf but I myself would love one purely for the sensation. I would never get out of it if I had one.

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

What happens in the hot tub, stays in the hot tub? 

Indeed. We can only imagine what @throbber's would smell like after a week or so.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A few years back Mrs Mullarkey and I treated ourselves to an overnight stay at Thainstone House in deepest teuchterland. They had a hot tub out the back so we took our chances. It was fine, but this was the middle of February and it was about -5°C.  An absolute nonsense coming out of the hot tub and your already shrivelled-up john thomas disappearing completely in the 3m trip from the tub to back inside.

Pics or Iit didn't....in fact leave it

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I've always said they're like joiner's thumbs.