The Walking Dead

King Kebab

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Possibly the worst episode ever.

"Hey, everyone. Lets take a bit part character that nobody gives two shiny shits about and base a whole episode on her. Oh, and it has to be tedious and drawn out nonsense. And a moral, dont forget it has to have a moral"

<_<

"You know what, we should wait to do an episode like that until we're already stretched across 4 different groups that we're already not bothering to progress."

I'd actually forgotten Tara existed until that episode, so was pretty hyped for the "an old face returns" build up.

Pointless episode, wedged in to introduce, yet another, group.

that group wasnt even in the comics? interesting.

surely i'm not the only one that finds it suspicious another black guy has been killed off?

Looks like he got away in the RV. I don't find anything suspicious they've killed off a ton of characters over the seasons.

Another shite episode, had forgot all about those two characters or what they were doing. That's five episodes in a row now with the zombies have barely featured and it has just bounced from one group to another. Could have easily combined some of these episodes to progress the overall story arc.

Looks like he got away in the RV. I don't find anything suspicious they've killed off a ton of characters over the seasons.

Another shite episode, had forgot all about those two characters or what they were doing. That's five episodes in a row now with the zombies have barely featured and it has just bounced from one group to another. Could have easily combined some of these episodes to progress the overall story arc.

I had to ask my wife who the two characters were. I genuinely forgot about them and assumed they were new. I still can't really remember her from previous season. Bored senseless with it now.

3 hours ago, marty_j said:

I had to ask my wife who the two characters were. I genuinely forgot about them and assumed they were new. I still can't really remember her from previous season. Bored senseless with it now.

I think she was one of The Governor's crew, who shat herself when he beheaded Herschel so she ran away. Think she then joined up with Glen after the prison fell and they rejoined the rest of the group. When they got to Alexandria she started going out with the fat doctor (who later got shot through the eye with the crossbow mid-speech). Her & Heath suddenly left on a scavenging mission straight after clearing the Saviors satellite site - I think that was just wedged in to get rid of her as she was heavily pregnant in real life.

The only real purpose of last night's episode IMO was that we now know there's another settlement with a big stash of guns which are completely off the Saviors radar. I think that'll come into play later when Rick & co inevitably take on The Saviors again.

7 minutes ago, Spain said:

I think she was one of The Governor's crew, who shat herself when he beheaded Herschel so she ran away. Think she then joined up with Glen after the prison fell and they rejoined the rest of the group. When they got to Alexandria she started going out with the fat doctor (who later got shot through the eye with the crossbow mid-speech). Her & Heath suddenly left on a scavenging mission straight after clearing the Saviors satellite site - I think that was just wedged in to get rid of her as she was heavily pregnant in real life.

The only real purpose of last night's episode IMO was that we now know there's another settlement with a big stash of guns which are completely off the Saviors radar. I think that'll come into play later when Rick & co inevitably take on The Saviors again.

Which could have been established with a 20-minute segment of the show, rather than an entire episode.

1 hour ago, Spain said:

this

The women survivors master plan to flee from negans cool crew is to go five minutes away, America is a huge fcking country ffs atleast put some effort in.

Last night's piece of the jigsaw could've been told in 15 minutes.

10 hours ago, Spain said:

I think she was one of The Governor's crew, who shat herself when he beheaded Herschel so she ran away. Think she then joined up with Glen after the prison fell and they rejoined the rest of the group.

Aye, she was part of the family that "rescued" The Governor after his failed attempt to capture the prison (I'll say it again, but the opening of that episode, with the "last pale light in the west" playing, is up there with my favourite moments of the whole show), she then gets dragged along to try and retake the prison. You next see her trapped in a cage when Glenn wakes up alone in the prison, and they both fight their way to Terminus, which earns her a place.

The fact shes been in it since Season Four, and is forgettable, says a lot. The actress, while decent, cant carry an episode either. I've defended the show this season, but that episode was a joke, and they producers seem to be making the same mistakes of having "character episodes" that they made earlier on. The only ones I can remember enjoying are that Governor episode

I remembered (eventually) that the fat doc who got shot with the arrow was Tara's partner. But then who was Negan threatening to shoot if rick didn't find the guns the other week at Alexandria? Clearly another dull fat woman from Alexandria that I had somehow blended with the doctor.