The Falkirk FC Thread

I wouldn't spend money to get 1st or 2nd specifically but if the right player is identified and would enhance us bring him in in January.

Best case it helps us finish 2nd (and 2 less play off games) and worst case the new player(s) is embedded for next seasons assault.

Next season will be tough too and no easier with Dundee United down and possibly one other.

Next season will be tough too and no easier with Dundee United down and possibly one other.

Be funny if the other was Dundee.

A Championship with Sevco, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Dundee would be interesting.

Edited by NewBornBairn

I remember some online magazine thingy asking myself and another Falkirk fan to answer questions ahead of the 2009 Scottish Cup Final - one of the questions was whether we'd prefer a Cup win or to stay in the Premier League

... the other fella said he'd prefer to stay in the Premier!! Astounding!!

I saw Wigan fans saying the same thing on TV, ahead of their FA Cup win a couple of years ago.

Truly unbelievable. The media brainwashing that minimises cups' importance, seems to be pretty successful with the hard of thinking.

After we win the league and Queens the play-offs.

Yes, actually that would be the way. I was forgetting that conceivably, someone other than Hibs or Rangers could accompany title winning Falkirk up, via the play-offs.

Yes, I'll go with that option. Wonder what odds you'd get.

John Baird grabbing his 15th goal yesterday, I predicted at least 15 for the season and he has proven me correct, whereas some had him down as a penalty king.

10pts his goals have won us, his work rate tho doubles that 10pts

You just know these Rangers c***s are going to throw aload of money they don't have at new players in January.

We could throw money we do have at it Edited by Back Post Misses

If ever there was a time to consider taking a calculated risk, it would be now.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 3rd place is in the bank.

2nd place buys one less round of play off games and first automatic promotion.

Winning the title isn't as outrageous a suggestion now as it was in July.

As the grass is greener above suggests, rangers sense of desperate sweaty entitlement suggests they'll pull their usual shabby tricks.

Expect laughable bids for Cummings and Vaulks in the next couple of weeks.

Assuming we keep our squad together I'd suggest all we need is a new right back. Move muirhead alongside grant, as that would be a fearsome pairing in the centre.

On further reflection perhaps another option up front wouldnt go amiss, not sure the score with McHugh, but we've only got Miller and Baird with O'Hara as backup.

Love those guys but any injuries there and we're looking short. That lad the Morton lot made a sticky mess of themselves over probably not the answer, but a Higginbotham type player wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by Senator Frimpton

We could throw money we do have at it

Don't see the point & anyway why upset a winning team...there are a few that can step in if necessary ....Blair hasnt taken his limited chances so far but I'm sure he's seen as Kerrs long term replacement ...muirhead has come on to a bit of a game although he's not a fullback but I would rather have him than duffie tbh...maybe a utility type that can play defence/midfield as back up

Why is it seen as a waste of cash signing players in January and trying to finish 2nd?

These players can help in the cup and the playoffs, also they won't be on 6 month deals so we could spend the next 5 months bedding them in for an assault on the title next season.

Signing players now is a very good idea all round.

Why is it seen as a waste of cash signing players in January and trying to finish 2nd?

These players can help in the cup and the playoffs, also they won't be on 6 month deals so we could spend the next 5 months bedding them in for an assault on the title next season.

Signing players now is a very good idea all round.

I would've agreed with you before Taylor Morgan cane knocking this time last year

I would've agreed with you before Taylor Morgan cane knocking this time last year

Free to a good home our Taylor.

Just his accommodation was picked up by us.

Not really a risk and Loy was injured so needed a forward.

He was terrible though.

Wide midfielders and left back would be my look out, we have decent back up in other positions unless we can improve, it becomes pointless. This window usually is difficult to get players to fit in, I think last seasons Baird and Kerr have been only January signings in recent times that have improved us

Don't see the point & anyway why upset a winning team...there are a few that can step in if necessary ....Blair hasnt taken his limited chances so far but I'm sure he's seen as Kerrs long term replacement ...muirhead has come on to a bit of a game although he's not a fullback but I would rather have him than duffie tbh...maybe a utility type that can play defence/midfield as back up

I absolutely see the point if we have any ambition. No need to throw daft cash at it but we need more depth IMO if we are going to sustain this challenge in any meaningful way.

Great to hear there is loads of irons in the fire.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Wish some of these players would hurry up.

We got stung last year wi Baird playing a cup match for QOS meaning he couldn't play for us.

Don't want that happening again.

We could also do wi players for the tough games this month.

Don't want to just get players who didn't get offers elsewhere at the end of the month