The Falkirk FC Thread

Jesus H fucking Christ - the "where's the signings" brigade back in full swing.

Mediocrity

What's wrong with people wanting to see the team progress?

Anyway some good news I believe we won't be losing Rogers.

It's really just the sides we need strengthened. Right/left midfield and a right back being priority. We are okay at left back for now assuming Leahy sees out his contract with cover coming from Gallagher. If possible we should try get players who can play multiple positions on the flanks so we'd be able to mix things up if things are not working during games

I'm sure if Aberdeen wanted\could recall rogers it would have happened and he wouldn't have been training with us this morning.

They seen him as third choice up until last night he would be daft to go sit on the bench up there.

I can see two signings happening this window with Dick being allowed to stay at Stranraer. At least one fullback and an attacking mid.

Maybe not, given that the current youth leftback is considered by some to be a better prospect.

After all, Liam Dick has never played for the national team whereas Tony Gallacher has captained them.

Aye, but he's only 17. Last thing we want to do is to force the laddie to play because we've no options.

Look at how Houston's managed O'Hara so far. It would be easy and very tempting to play him for all of the game in every game but he's got the good sense not to do that.

Taiwo coming back is good, but we're only more than covered in central mid. The fact we're playing Alston and Sibbs wide and the options from the bench aren't the greatest means that we should be looking for wide creative players IMO.

The defence is probably most concern though, with Leahy not happy with staying and Muirhead being a natural CB. I actually think Muirhead has come into a game at RB, his delivery into the box in particular has improved greatly - but would be good to get cover. Rogers situation is a concern also.

We don't play with wide midfield players. So no point signing anyone there.

Daft decision to let Liam Dick play for Stranraer yesterday given the Leahy situation.

Like Rogers, I feel Dick will benefit staying season at stranraer playing week in week out, we recall him and he won't get a sniff, we may have recall option if something happens later on

Edit: seeing Dick give Willie Gibson a rollicking was classic and shows he is growing in confidence and responsibility

Edited by MrDust

Don't think slagging Cooper is justified. He is a decent player but just not as good as our current first team attacking players. His form in development games show his worth at that level

Cutting up the development league like O'Hara was, defo doesn't see eye to eye with Houstie

Don't think slagging Cooper is justified. He is a decent player but just not as good as our current first team attacking players. His form in development games show his worth at that level

I wasn't slagging cooper my post was clearly directed at smiths typical modus operandi ...just pointing out we would be as well getting rid cause for whatever reason he's not getting a sniff...fwiw I think he would be a good impact player