The Falkirk FC Thread

Fucking riddy's from you pair of old duffers!!

Give it a break with the crowd chat, it is boring and quite frankly embarrassing. How you manage to slot it into every topic that concerns Falkirk dealing with a club outside the 'top' teams is mind numbing. Jokers, absolute pish stained, delusional jokers.

Fucking riddy's from you pair of old duffers!!

Give it a break with the crowd chat, it is boring and quite frankly embarrassing. How you manage to slot it into every topic that concerns Falkirk dealing with a club outside the 'top' teams is mind numbing. Jokers, absolute pish stained, delusional jokers.

I'll greenie this later. :lol:

The question was would i rather see us not go up even if we won the league. I answered saying that the appeal of he top league wasnt what it used to be. One of the reasons for that was that the away crowds for many games were no bigger than those in this division. Im sorry that i prefer watching games with a healthy away support at them which adds to the atmosphere but thats just my opinion. Nothing to do with any our crowds bigger than yours pish.

The question was would i rather see us not go up even if we won the league. I answered saying that the appeal of he top league wasnt what it used to be. One of the reasons for that was that the away crowds for many games were no bigger than those in this division. Im sorry that i prefer watching games with a healthy away support at them which adds to the atmosphere but thats just my opinion. Nothing to do with any our crowds bigger than yours pish.

Bollocks.

Your opening gambit on the subject was to attack the notion of Alston joining St Johnstone, because their crowds are apparently half the size of yours.

You were absolutely desperate to drag this into crowd w**k territory. It's telling that even the other Falkirk fans cringe at this shite these days.

I've always liked your username though.

Bollocks.Your opening gambit on the subject was to attack the notion of Alston joining St Johnstone, because their crowds are apparently half the size of yours.You were absolutely desperate to drag this into crowd w**k territory. It's telling that even the other Falkirk fans cringe at this shite these days.I've always liked your username though.

Surely though part of the appeal to move up the ladder as a pro footballer is to be able to play in front of the biggest crowd possible? No? If theres no increase in wages and the standard of football is much the same then i would rather ply my trade in front of 4000 fans a week than 2000. To me the step up from falkirk to st johnstone is minimal unless they are able to offer a far higher wage. In our current financial state though i would like to think that we would be able to compete with some of the smaller top flight clubs.

Alston is a pro player in the middle of his career and should be thinking about the size of his wage packet rather than how many pies are sold at a stadium. If Perth FC offer more money then good luck to the guy ( sad to lose him tho ) he is 24 and if still fit has roughly 8 years to earn good money from football before he becomes a taxi driver in Fife

Edited by Bigbri Bairn2

Of course if hes offered more cash he'll go. He'd need to be crazy not too at this stage of his career. We've lost a bundle of players to other clubs over the past few years because we havent been able to compete on wages due to our financial position. We're in a far better place now although at the end of the day theres a lot of clubs out there we'll never be able to compete with on the wages front. Im talking about when the wages offered are the same though and surely these days we should be able to match wages of the likes of hamilton, st johnstone etc.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Of course if hes offered more cash he'll go. He'd need to be crazy not too at this stage of his career. We've lost a bundle of players to other clubs over the past few years because we havent been able to compete on wages due to our financial position. We're in a far better place now although at the end of the day theres a lot of clubs out there we'll never be able to compete with on the wages front. Im talking about when the wages offered are the same.

I'd imagine that St Johnstone probably can offer more money. Their off field income situation is rather a lot healthier than Falkirk's, is it not?

Even leaving that aside, St Johnstone play at a higher level than our clubs. Now the current make up of both divisions is currently atypical, but I think it's daft to pretend that the higher division isn't at a higher level.

I wouldn't think crowd size becomes much of a draw until you get the the biggest handful of city clubs in this country.

Whether we're talking Falkirk or St Johnstone, it's just a few thousand folk. I doubt if it feels a lot different.

I'd imagine that St Johnstone probably can offer more money. Their off field income situation is rather a lot healthier than Falkirk's, is it not?Even leaving that aside, St Johnstone play at a higher level than our clubs. Now the current make up of both divisions is currently atypical, but I think it's daft to pretend that the higher division isn't at a higher level.I wouldn't think crowd size becomes much of a draw until you get the the biggest handful of city clubs in this country. Whether we're talking Falkirk or St Johnstone, it's just a few thousand folk. I doubt if it feels a lot different.

I don't agree the make up of the Championship is out of kilter anymore.

The clubs I mentioned before are there to stay which means "bigger" clubs will always be in this league unless the top league is expanded. Arguably next season is setting up to be the most competitive yet.

If you were to write down the top traditional 14 clubs or so in Scotland four or five currently in the top league would not be on that list.

Edited by Back Post Misses

I'd imagine that St Johnstone probably can offer more money. Their off field income situation is rather a lot healthier than Falkirk's, is it not?Even leaving that aside, St Johnstone play at a higher level than our clubs. Now the current make up of both divisions is currently atypical, but I think it's daft to pretend that the higher division isn't at a higher level.I wouldn't think crowd size becomes much of a draw until you get the the biggest handful of city clubs in this country. Whether we're talking Falkirk or St Johnstone, it's just a few thousand folk. I doubt if it feels a lot different.

Agree with you mostly. Not sure about the income off field thing though. Are you including player sales? Prize money? We've generated a decent amount of both in the last 2 years.

I don't agree the make up of the Championship is out of kilter anymore.

The clubs I mentioned before are there to stay which means "bigger" clubs will always be in this league unless the top league is expanded. Arguably next season is setting up to be the most competitive yet.

If you were to write down the top traditional 14 clubs or so in Scotland four or five currently in the top league would not be on that list.

Which 5 and which 5 that are missing would replace them? How far back or what timeframe are you using to define the traditional clubs?