The Falkirk FC Thread

If he goes to St Johnstone or Ross County would he be bettering himself?

Yeah its hard to understand how swapping an upper/mid-table Championship side for a top half Premiership side regularly in Europe and who won a cup recently would be a good move.

I like Sibbald as a player, but in my opinion I think he's too inconsistent to get a move to a big club. Some games he's all over teams skinning players for fun but other games it looks like Maddy McCann will get passed the ball before he does, I think the best that he will ever do is a top 6 premiership club or a bottom half league one team.

Bigger clubs than those you've described have already made enquiries for him.

Blog post on Brockville done as promised https://scottishfootballgroundswordpresscom.wordpress.com

One old photo on it which isn't mine, I'm sure it belongs to somebody on here.

Good read.

One thing, the current stadium has a capacity of 7,937

Roughly broken down to:

Main (West) Stand - 4,150

North Stand - 2,000

South Stand - 1,800

Not sure where the 8,750 figure comes from which is widely quoted online. Probably from when we were in the SPL and had temporary stands along the East side, which we no longer have

Good read.

One thing, the current stadium has a capacity of 7,937

Roughly broken down to:

Main (West) Stand - 4,150

North Stand - 2,000

South Stand - 1,800

Not sure where the 8,750 figure comes from which is widely quoted online. Probably from when we were in the SPL and had temporary stands along the East side, which we no longer have

Cheers for the feedback bud. I think the wiki page says the two end stands are identical at 2000. I did wonder about their arithmetic...

Cheers for the feedback bud. I think the wiki page says the two end stands are identical at 2000. I did wonder about their arithmetic...

No problem, I ended up reading far more than just the Falkirk entry. Interesting stuff.

The North and South Stands are more or less identical. The South stand is split in to 5 sections of seating whereas the North is split in to 6. Also the South Stand has slightly larger wind breaks at each side than the North. The South Stand has office/bar/museum space in it and you enter through the turnstiles behind the stand rather than from each side like in the North Stand. I think this was done so the North Stand can be split in to home and away fans when there is the demand for it.

The difference in capacity comes from the space taken up by the raised disabled bays in the corners of the South Stand. About 5 rows or 100 seats in each bottom corner. North Stand to the left and South Stand to the right in this photo:

falkirk-stadium2.jpg

Total Ground Capacity: 7979

• Main Stand 4116;
  • North Stand 2006;
  • South Stand 1857;

From http://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/byseason/?year2=2016

I suspect that's the most likely to be correct, bettermeddle tends to be absolutely spot on with all things regarding FFC

ETA: In the 09/10 season the East temporary stands added 1068 to give a total capacity of 9,047

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

It is meant to be that way. One of our biggest attractions in the area is the BP refinery. If we built a fourth stand it would deny people the chance to salivate over an icon of British engineering whilst watching the game.

Hope that helps

Edited by Bigbri Bairn2

My gf is a Falkirk fan and I've been to the stadium once. Its a great little ground, sadly let down by the lack of adjacent stand from the Main. Why was that never built? Honestly can't think if any other "recent" stadium builds that's only been three sided

The stadium was built in installments and in the early days it was unclear whether it was legal to build a stand on the East end of the ground (There is a 1 mile exclusion zone around the BP, the East end of the ground falls within this zone)

Because of this, the other stands are arguably taller than they should be. Stadia such as Almondvale and St Mirren Park have similar capacities to ours with 4 stands, with the larger stands having around 2,500 seats.

The stadium was built in installments and in the early days it was unclear whether it was legal to build a stand on the East end of the ground (There is a 1 mile exclusion zone around the BP, the East end of the ground falls within this zone)

Because of this, the other stands are arguably taller than they should be. Stadia such as Almondvale and St Mirren Park have similar capacities to ours with 4 stands, with the larger stands having around 2,500 seats.

Does anyone know the costs of building Almondvale v the costs of Falkirk Stadium, including the South Stand? I can understand the idea of one stand at a time, but the gaps in the corners kills the atmosphere.

The 4th stand will get built eventually but theres no point in wasting cash on something we dont desperately need. When the right deal for the club eventually arises it will get done.

The cost of building almondvale for livie were hee haw and yet theyve still managed to go bust twice. Quite an achievement.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Ah didn't know about the East Stand was less than a mile away from BP. Its a good looking stadium especially the main stand facade (reminds me a bit of Hampden). Actually can someone settle a dispute between my gf and I. I say that the stadium falls within Grangemouth but she says its in Falkirk. Who is right?

Ah didn't know about the East Stand was less than a mile away from BP. Its a good looking stadium especially the main stand facade (reminds me a bit of Hampden). Actually can someone settle a dispute between my gf and I. I say that the stadium falls within Grangemouth but she says its in Falkirk. Who is right?

The stadium is on the outskirts of Falkirk, Grangemouth lies to the east of the M9.

The stadium technically lies in the Grangemouth boundary, but it's certainly in Falkirk. Same with the Kelpies

post-37416-0-65413100-1456858467_thumb.p