The Falkirk FC Thread

Something that made us money too. Which is why we are so mon£y now.

Indeed, maybe Falkirk should do something similar and they could afford better players than our ageing cast-offs.

We absolutely would not. I'd expect us to be competitive with Hamilton and maybe another of Partick/Inverness, but that's about it.

I will join in, you are delusional.

Are we not going to add to the squad?

Don't talk shite, the only thing that matters to players is wages.

Correct. Dollar chasers 99% of them. But doesn't make them bad people

I will join in, you are delusional.

Are we not going to add to the squad?

No. We're going to just make do with what we've got, obviously.

I'm talking about competing with the clubs I mentioned for players in terms of wages, given the discussion a few posts before mine was about whether we'd be able to compete with St Johnstone for players. In which case what I've said is correct. There are only one or two clubs we'd be competing with in that regard, the rest will all pay more than us and rightly so.

Hold on, are Falkirk fans honestly expecting to comfortably be a top 6 side next year if they go up :huh:

No we'll need to build a team capable of competing in the division first. We have the basis of a good side but will need to add to it. I still do not see why St Johnstone would be able to pay more than us in wages for players. We have bigger crowds and our finances are in the best shape they have been in years with profits posted in the last two accounts including one of 1.5 million in the last set. With the added bonus of us being on a level playing field regarding the money from the SPL .  To think we can only compete with ICT and Hamilton on the wages front if we are lucky enough to go up  pretty defeatist if you ask me and serious questions would need to be asked of the bod.

Hold on, are Falkirk fans honestly expecting to comfortably be a top 6 side next year if they go up :huh:

Certainly not this Falkirk fan. Would be an outstanding achievement just to get into the premier league. Should we be able to compete with St johnstone in terms of playing wages ? I'd say yes, but as suggested because St Johnstone have done fantastically to become an established top 6 club they are the more attractive option. Until we manage to get into the top league all of this talk is irrelevant and comes across as counting your chickens far too soon and dismissive of the task at hand. Let's just put our efforts into focussing on the playoff final and take it from there. All this preeeeemier league chat is making me nervous and coming across like the hibs fans. We ken how that turned out for them.

can people stop getting ahead of themselves thinking this playoff is already won and talking about how we're going to do this and that!?!  there's a very good chance this will all come back to haunt us come sunday.

2 games vs Kilmarnock to think about before anything else.  Lets hope we can take care of these ties, albeit I believe this will be tricky.