The Falkirk FC Thread

Agreed, hardly shows unity in the dressing room for wishing people away from the club. Its like 'well done, but i want to be next'

Pish. I'm with Houston on this. If all a player wants is to play for Falkirk then he's of no use to us. The squad need to want to play in the top tier. I want them to want to be next, hopefully making the step up with us.

Maybe once we are an established Premiership club can we question our players attitudes towards future transfers.

I liked Blair. All in all, he's done a great service to the club over the last 5 years. Wish him well unless our teams path is crossed.

Where his move hurts me is that St Johnstone are seen as a big move for him. It's St Johnstone FFS and shows we really need to get ourselves out of this league & back to where we should be.

Houstie saying in today's media that he's looking to bring in another 3 players, 2 defenders & a GK.

Not surprised tbh, James Craigen & Nathan Austin are already signed so that covers Alston going & more.

I think it'll be a CH & a RB. McCracken & Muirhead can cover CH until Peter Grant is fit & a RB will allow competition for Muirhead.

Disappointing if that's all were bringing in. We badly need a bit more physicality in the middle of the park plus a couple of defenders and a goalie hardly gets the mouth watering.

Houstie saying in today's media that he's looking to bring in another 3 players, 2 defenders & a GK.

Not surprised tbh, James Craigen & Nathan Austin are already signed so that covers Alston going & more.

I think it'll be a CH & a RB. McCracken & Muirhead can cover CH until Peter Grant is fit & a RB will allow competition for Muirhead.

Not sure how signing a striker and a left footed central midfielder/number 10 covers 'Alston going and more' tbh, unless we are changing our shape.

Feel we have to strengthen more than 3 players as well.

I think we should definitely be looking to bring in a right sided midfielder given Alston has gone and I assume Smith will be released?

Don't know the length of Shepherd's deal but I think it unlikely that he'll make the step up to regular 1st team football so think we'll be short in that department as things stand.

We now have Leahy and Hippolite who can play wide left, possibly Craigen too if he is suited to it (I see Sibbs future in the middle) but nobody who would be suited to a wide right berth. (Vaulks at a push but it's unlikely that Houstie would want him to play there.)

We are gonnae go wi Luke at LB next season aren't we :(

Given he wasn't a LB in the first place I think he does pretty well in the position.

Somebody said yesterday that he often mistimes tackles. I think the opposite is true. He's also good in the air for his height and is good going forward. A good left back IMO all things considered although I think he'd be even better as a left wing back.

His main problems are a lack of pace and he goes to ground far too quickly. Needs to stay on his feet far more.

Ok, he's not as quick as Hippo or O'Hara for example but, 'lack of pace'? Nah, wouldn't say that was a major problem for him. He does go to ground a lot I agree but that usually ends in him winning the ball.

As I say though, I think WB would be a better fit.

Watch the first goal from Sunday. Mcgennis leaves him for dead. It was certainly a major problem then.

Magennis leaves almost every left back for dead though.

As I said, he's not the quickest LB we've ever had but I can't think of too many occasions when he's been very obviously done for pace?

BPM's post this morning is dead on. He had a tremendous season, particularly the latter half, but it took him a long time to find any level of consistency.

Aye this, for some reason I thought he was on the bench quite a bit on the first half of the season but he actually started 32 of the 36 games over the league campaign.

For me Leahy has hardly put a foot wrong all season as well as scoring some belters. He may not be blessed with pace but he reads the game well and he also needs help from the person playing in front of him.

On the subject of new signings, reading what the Bossman has been saying in the press, he wants to bring Danny back between the sticks if McInnes gives the green light, if not he says he has a couple of goalies in mind, does that mean that is the end of the road for Deniz, the Pole and possibly Bowman? We need a centre half as a priority and some muscle in the middle of the park which was clearly evident on sunday, but we do do need quality and that comes at a price.

Houston always got a lot out of Goodwillie at Dundee Utd. I would like him to have a look at him at least. 

Out of contract with Aberdeen and not wanted by County after his loan spell. Definite maybe.

Magennis leaves almost every left back for dead though.

As I said, he's not the quickest LB we've ever had but I can't think of too many occasions when he's been very obviously done for pace?

A better defensive left back would've shown him inside instead of leaving him on his good foot to set up the opener.

Out of contract with Aberdeen and not wanted by County after his loan spell. Definite maybe.

If we had went up, we may have looked at Goodwillie with the extra cash, I very much doubt it now with us having Miller, Baird, McHugh, O'Hara and Austin

I don't understand all the Leahy in left mid slot, he has already failed to produce there with three managers. The facts are he is better going forward tho isn't too bad in the defence scenario. The main problem is sibbald doesn't cover the same as Alston did on the other side but some of the one twos and combination play in the opposite half is superb between them.

One of the centre halves Houstie is looking at may be adaptable like Vaulks and can play centre mid, so someone maybe coming in and can cover both. My biggest fear of the summer tho is if Vaulks is sold, that will slightly change the goalposts with numbers coming in, then again maybe not

I'd rather we gave hippo a real bash at left mid as he's at least got the pace to beat a man out there. Leahys too slow as is sibbs.

I thought Hippo had predominantly played on the right at Livi but I could be wrong, I figured he would switch over to replace alston.