The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I went to 3 Dundee games last season (4 including vs us). Gary Harkins is fucking done lads. The odd nice bit of skill but he cant run and is still blowing out his arse after 5 minutes. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. 

I'd take Harkins at United, but I have always had a thing for talented but overweight footballers.

40 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Surely in the spirit of fairness dunfermline should repay the £12 million loan they received and benefited from (a loan they should never have got, only 600k paid back!) this would create a level playing field with no advantage gained from financial cheating....I could then respect the pars as our footballing rivals and not place them with certain other clubs who have financially cheated to gain advantage on the field of play!

How fortunate the pars chairmen was a former md of the bank they got the loan from (obviously not fortunate if you are a shareholder in the bank)

28 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Let me tell you how administration works from the point of view of the fans.

It starts with lapping up the success of your team whilst other teams fans tell you how much debt you're in and you can't afford these players.
They continue with their fingers in there ears and pretending all is great.

Finally the shit hits the fan.
Administrators are in and this is when the fans start the poor us routine whilst looking for sympathy because it wasn't there fault.
You hear them crying that the only thing that's important now is they have a club to follow.

Once out of administration and with an incredibly small CVA behind them they start laughing at all those poor creditors that were screwed and don't really give a shit that other well run teams feel an injustice.
As long as they are going well and have lost all that pesky debt then everything is great with the world.

I'm sure there's a Dunfermline thread where this pish could be discussed.

11 minutes ago, Max Power. said:

I'm sure there's a Dunfermline thread where this pish could be discussed.

I agree but my point covered the wider scope of teams who take the pish out of Scottish football.

Now back to FFC stuff.....We are great.

Anyone care to comment?

The first point I stated, tho ur educating me ?

You havent educated me regarding your claim that over 2000 fans handing over £20 a month to generate near half a million to make it a small trading profit.

So you are claiming the revelance for other clubs in Scotland is, get your fans to buy season tickets and also pay £20 a month to generate near half a million.

The proof is all there to see, that half a million has seen a small trading profit and promotion from the third tier at the third attempt.

I doubt many will say fifers havent turned things around, tho if they were willing to gamble last season with the future of the club, who is to say it won't happen again just cause it worked out last season.

If you are gonna educate me, then show me a link to the near half a million generated by over 2000 fans, if not keep believing the brain wash that comes out your club and also of every club each season.

Educate me,how were we gambling with the clubs future last year?

And it's only 1000 odd fans a month tbf.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sibbald needs to run about more into pointless areas like a headless chicken so the hard of thinking get the impression he's "trying". Maybe then he'll get his big move to St Johnstone like Blair Alston.

getting indirectly insulted wow, perhaps i should of joined twitter instead.

Sibbald needs to run about more into pointless areas like a headless chicken so the hard of thinking get the impression he's "trying". Maybe then he'll get his big move to St Johnstone like Blair Alston.

Alston > Fulton imo

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Educate me,how were we gambling with the clubs future last year?

And it's only 1000 odd fans a month tbf.

My source is reputable with the bust/part time, so even on basis of expected part time outcome which was the best scenario, explain how its not a gamble being left being part time with the rest of the division where full time in that division usually is a massive advantage, the bust part answers itself.

Even a thousand fans is a quarter if a million, of which you haven't educated myself to be true, so your club depends on £250,000 from fans to make a small profit, not having figures a small profit could be £50. I'd be worried if my club had massive crowds and a free £250,000 and make a small profit in the third tier where surely players wages are lower. 

Does this small profit include the token Celtic transfer for one of your players...

Educate away 

40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

My source is reputable with the bust/part time, so even on basis of expected part time outcome which was the best scenario, explain how its not a gamble being left being part time with the rest of the division where full time in that division usually is a massive advantage, the bust part answers itself.

Even a thousand fans is a quarter if a million, of which you haven't educated myself to be true, so your club depends on £250,000 from fans to make a small profit, not having figures a small profit could be £50. I'd be worried if my club had massive crowds and a free £250,000 and make a small profit in the third tier where surely players wages are lower. 

Does this small profit include the token Celtic transfer for one of your players...

Educate away 

You first paragraph is all over the place, just to go back then we weren't gambling with the future of the club then? The bust part really doesn't answer itself, if you could explain how a club who posted a trading profit last year were gambling with the future of the club that would be great. Posting a profit would indicate the club was on top of it's finances and certainly wasn't on the verge of ceasing to exist. The financial shenanigans with Masterton and Yorkston cold certainly be described as win or bust, last year? absolute bollocks.

I'd imagine if we had stayed down part time would've been a possibility because it is simply cheaper to run a club that way, again though, that isn't the club ceasing to exist, that's the club accepting the financial constrains it has and living upto them. Staying full time when all financial sense dictates you should be part time is chancing with the future of the club, look at Livingston and Airdrie this year as a good example. Last year we put out the most competitive budget we could, while at the same time living completely within our means.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Centenary_Club_continues_to_be_a_valuable_lifeline_for_DAFC&ID=9103 There's an article there from February time quoting it as 900, I believe they had another spike last week at the open day. And yes I'd imagine they do. When setting up the budget they'll look at all revenue streams and make up a budget around this, f**k all point in bringing in the £200,000 and then just sitting in the bank to make the accounts look pretty is there? Similarly they'll also budget for crowds throughout the season. Shock news.

Why would you be worried? the club is making a profit, why would you want the club to be posting massive profits? The way I understand it is people pay into the centenary line in the hope that will in turn go into the playing budget which will in turn transpire as to results on the pitch, no one pays into it hoping that come the end of the year we'll post a £200,000 profit, if they did what would be the point? I'd far rather the lifeline money was spent. And wages weren't particularly lower, although the prize money and away crowds certainly were. One of the issues AJ mentioned towards the end of last season was that some players weren't getting the wages rises they maybe thought they were worth, we had some championship standard players last year who were already getting championship standard wages in line with the budget that we had set with help from the centenary lifeline and massive crowds we get(see how this works?)

And no, this profit wasn't including whatever fee Celtic payed for PJ Crossan, any money for a player who hasn't, and may not have broken into the team properly was a massive bonus. I'm sure Alloa were delighted with the transfer of Greig Spence.

This is hilarious. Club starts year with a fairly decent working capital (6 figure bank Ballance) posts operating profit but were putting the club at risk! Is that because they were sitting around at the end of the season wondering how they were going to explain a £200000 loss before they found the centenary money underneath the cushions?

Mrdust has a reliable source tho, bet Ross MacArthur is regretting that piss up in Falkirk now.

8 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Just seen Dundee Utd's predicted team for next season and its w**k, and given that hibs dont sign like 5 players before the window shuts i am growing more and more confident about this season.

Yeah and I wonder who will be the next useless clown they'll stick between the posts. Another howler from their keeper again tonight.