The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Not good for the team, but I am happy for Will, deserves a chance in a bigger league. But of all the teams and managers in the world we have to give him to fucking stubbs! That big p***k could have robbed hibs instead of us, I would have sold him for £50K less to almost anyone else.

STUBBSY STUBBSY 

16 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think we are stronger at the back this season but with vaulks and Alston going weaker in the middle due to losing their goals but more importantly drive and energy. Think we are about the same up front as last season. Overall apart from the defence I'm disappointed that we've gone backwards over the close season. Others have strengthened and I'm not sure we can work the miracles we did last season. I was hoping Houston was going to get mackay Stephen on loan but alas that may be our last signing now....rankin can't be chewing up the vaulks fee and wages?

You thought Falkirk were going to sign Gary Mackay-Steven? No wonder you're disappointed.

If as rumoured the fee was in the region of 425000 then i think we may have a couple of more signings to come Rankin will be on no more than Will was so two free transfers with some of the cash being used for wages.

On 17 July 2016 at 15:13, King Dom's Moustache said:

ohara will easily be the fastest player in your team & he can hit a shot on target that's all we know cause he's never scored for us (& missed from 2 yards @livi)..I think he is an excellent prospect though.....while I gutted about vaulks I'm more gutted that houstie had Stubbs in his back pocket & this is his revenge the ugly scouse c**t

Really promising young player who has pace & goal threat.

He also has a winning mentality, good work ethic & youthful enthusiasm allied to self confidence.

Kevin has the potential to go far in the game & in my opinion is a far superior prospect to last young striker of ours that was signed by Swansea last year, Botti Biabi.

Hope he does the business & bangs in the goals for you guys and keep us posted on his progress.

7 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

With Vaulks away should we not be concentrating on who we have in the U20's to develop rather than scream buy buy buy

Replacing your team captain with an untried youngster isn't going to strengthen your side. I would think that if Houstie had thought they were ready for the first team they would've been getting involved a bit more by now.

RC55 FFC I have been banging the drum for us to sign the likes of McKay Stephens on loan & wondering if you have some credible info here- he is exactly the kind of young player who we should be going after - skilled, eye for goal, and a point to prove

16 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Thoughts on Kevin Ohara lads

He's rapid and has a good footballing brain for someone so young. Just needs some game time and I am convinced he'll be back in our first team at the start of next season.

He was in the top flight under-20 team of the season aged 16.

3 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

RC55 FFC I have been banging the drum for us to sign the likes of McKay Stephens on loan & wondering if you have some credible info here- he is exactly the kind of young player who we should be going after - skilled, eye for goal, and a point to prove

GMS is 26 in August he's hardly a young player, he'd also be going nowhere near Falkirk. 

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Use the cash to get him and henderson on loan for a season. Show some intent for a change instead of signing journeymen. Time for the bod to show us they mean business. You need to make it worth celtic while though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Use the cash to get him and henderson on loan for a season. Show some intent for a change instead of signing journeymen. Time for the bod to show us they mean business. You need to make it worth celtic while though.

Henderson on loan? :lol: Surely not talking about Liam Henderson of Celtic? :lol::lol: