The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm out the UK at the moment so I'm assuming these Houston comments are from the TV coverage! ? Can someone flesh them out a little ... this no more signings statement is deffo straight from the Ginger God's mouth I take it?

The wages thing makes sense though - I'd be raging if Rankin was on more than our departing Captain.

Sea change amongst the support I feel.

I'm out the UK at the moment so I'm assuming these Houston comments are from the TV coverage! ? Can someone flesh them out a little ... this no more signings statement is deffo straight from the Ginger God's mouth I take it?

The wages thing makes sense though - I'd be raging if Rankin was on more than our departing Captain.

He said that Vaulks' wages went on Rankin. Before that he had no money to sign Rankin. Didn't explicitly say no one else to come in.

5 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Houston stated that he's used vaulks wages for rankin and that will be it basically. So rankin is basically your vaulks replacement.  Hardly a surprise with the clowns in charge.

However a shit start to the season will probably see a couple of panic loan signings appearing to placate the fans.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Terrible performance, we need to be looking at how players perform together.

Put Miller next to a fast striker up front, get a stronger man next to a more creative player in central midfield. We seem to have multiple of the same player type in each area of the pitch. Also perhaps buy a pacy winger so we can go wide when the centre of the pitch is clogged. Not worried too much for the season but easy to see where we can improve.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Terrible performance, we need to be looking at how players perform together.

Put Miller next to a fast striker up front, get a stronger man next to a more creative player in central midfield. We seem to have multiple of the same player type in each area of the pitch. Also perhaps buy a pacy winger so we can go wide when the centre of the pitch is clogged. Not worried too much for the season but easy to see where we can improve.

That's what we're left with though mate.There's nae mair money and we've lost the two guys who scored our goals and injected the energy into the side. Midfield is all one paced and of similar stature. That's water happens when you replace quality with inferior products I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's what we're left with though mate.There's nae mair money and we've lost the two guys who scored our goals and injected the energy into the side. Midfield is all one paced and of similar stature. That's water happens when you replace quality with inferior products I'm afraid.

You're not wrong pal..

I for one would fancy a team of slightly inferior players in their right positions up against one with better players out of positions. It's the reason why Sibbald out wide has never been a treat to my eyes.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

You're not wrong pal..

I for one would fancy a team of slightly inferior players in their right positions up against one with better players out of positions. It's the reason why Sibbald out wide has never been a treat to my eyes.

He's not got the pace to play out there. If he did he wouldn't be playing for us mind you. As you said too many similar players in the middle of the park

Totally gutted tbh, we've lost my two favourite players and the heart and soul of the team. I guess            Houston has done a good job to date so you have to trust him but right now I am wondering why I bothered renewing. We look pretty shocking at the moment.

Just now, BudBairn said:

Totally gutted tbh, we've lost my two favourite players and the heart and soul of the team. I guess            Houston has done a good job to date so you have to trust him but right now I am wondering why I bothered renewing. We look pretty shocking at the moment.

Houstons hands are tied mate. It was the bod that sold vaulks from under him. He'll put a brave face on it but he knows we're going to be up against it now this season.

3 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

#titlechallenge

We're both out of our respective cup competitions already, poor start for the two star teams of this league. Sure we'll both bounce back!

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Probably best playing a diamond midfield with Sibbs at the top of he's not gonna play with wingers.

Would be extremely one dimensional (through the middle) on a bad day, but certainly more effective on the whole than what we've shown so far.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houstons hands are tied mate. It was the bod that sold vaulks from under him. He'll put a brave face on it but he knows we're going to be up against it now this season.

I know, I don't blame the manager. I just hope the signings work out, we'll wait and see on that front. The board have to show a bit more resolve but this is just like when we sold higgy in the January sales and missed out on promotion because of rangers demise.