The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Dumbarton next week is must win now. Not a team we enjoy playing against at all so it'll be another tough game.

Early days but with the way we're playing you're not looking at any games with any confidence.

That old rivalry between Falkirk and Dumbarton.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Unfortunately for Housty he's going to get it in the neck primarily for the board decision to sell Will and their lack of willingness to replace him. The lack of a talismanic signing as mentioned here already will be in sharp focus due to being beaten by an average Queens side with a difference maker in it

Whilst I feel strongly about the fact the money from vaulks sale hasn't been reinvested in the team ,Houston needs to get pelters for replacing vaulks with another midget slowcoach in rankin. If that was the last bit of cash available then what the hell was he doing signing him. Utterly ludicrous decision.

6 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

You been on the champers?

Not much.

I was just tickled to see how angry some on here got over the suggestion that there was an edge to recent fixtures between our clubs.

Apparently, the notion of any sort of 'rivalry' between the giant that is Falkirk and little old Queens was anathema to a series of Bairns.

Next week's six pointer however, is against a yet smaller outfit.

Houston needs to be brave enough here to drop all his summer signings as none have worked out (Austin deal was done in January). Back to basics, 4-4-2, double training sessions.

I'd go- 

Rogers

Muirhead McCracken Watson Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Sibbald Hippo

McHugh Austin

Say what you like about the likes of McCracken being too old or Hippo being very inconsistent they all played their part in our success last season. Gasparotto, Craigen and Rankine have done nothing to earn their place IMO.

Going to be a long season as the budgets away, wasted on dross. 

23 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Houston needs to be brave enough here to drop all his summer signings as none have worked out (Austin deal was done in January). Back to basics, 4-4-2, double training sessions.

I'd go- 

Rogers

Muirhead McCracken Watson Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Sibbald Hippo

McHugh Austin

Say what you like about the likes of McCracken being too old or Hippo being very inconsistent they all played their part in our success last season. Gasparotto, Craigen and Rankine have done nothing to earn their place IMO.

Going to be a long season as the budgets away, wasted on dross. 

To me Muirhead is really a centre back and Taiwo a centre mid so I think i can understand the Falkirk fans having issues re lack of width??

Hard to believe the contrast between us this season v. last. Can't believe how bad we could play, these players had hearts of steel last year, this year no heart at all.
Many on here have commented about quantity rather than quality and I cannot argue. The showing today was awful finishing the game with 3 strikers who this year don't appear to be able to hit coo's arse with a banjo really, in reality our fullback and central defenders looked more dangerous on the odd occasions when we threatened and what has happened to John Baird, fans go on about Baird and all his running and trying etc... Personally, I felt today he had his own one man vandetta against Queens and that worked to our detriment. It was so obvious that he is hated down there, the more he tried, the more embarrassing it became for him.
You really do have to ask how teams have managed to pull out some talented players, even Hibs managed to sign Brian Graham, a player Houstie fu***d up his first season for waiting on him to sign for us only for him to go to another club from under our nose.
This will be a long season and confidence is low. Gasporatto, Craigen look to me as if they've already lost their confidence. Rankin is too similar to that we have, Austin will take time, Kidd and Henderson I have not seen enough of, these players are not shaping up well at all and they are all looking ordinary at best.
If the board are not prepared to release more cash before the window closes then it seems were are up shit creek without a paddle.
This reminds me so much of Houston's first season in charge when he didn't know what is best team was... After 7 competitive games you'd think he'd have an idea, maybe we now have too many options, too many players...
One thing is for sure, it's simply not good enough and won't be long until the fans turn against him if this continues, pretty dire stuff all round really.

I wonder which stone Mr. Henderson has crawled back under? Not been heard from since Denis Canavan outed him and Relegator Ritchie over their ripping off a charity.

Anyway time for a bit of leadership son.

I've yet to meet a fan whose at all bothered about a 4th stand to be honest. I'd much rather we got promoted and then worried about it. The only bonus any of us would get out of it would be the recurring 3 stand slagging ending and frankly I can put up with that for a bit longer.

A pish poor performance yesterday with a midfield bereft of ideas, width, pace and creativity...oh and height and strength. Why oh why did we sign Rankine..too similar to what we already have. Both center halfs were weak also. For me Bairds is done as a Bairns player. His record at any club shows he's a one season wonder then tails off then moves on. The BOD are at the root of the problem but Houston isn't blameless with uninspiring signings and seems to go for the safe option when approaching games. Need a win soon to install some confidence on and off the park. 

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think the plan really is to finish the stadium then work on the team. Problem with that is attendances will plummet if we're watching this pish every week.

Stupid plan to be honest. Could at least do other way round so a remote chance of filling it. This season we could loose two of the 'bigger' teams I the league and be facing into two far smaller supports dropping into the league.

Our board have no clue here. It's plain as day to see we need to improve the squad. Time for them to be brave and invest in the team.

A pish poor performance yesterday with a midfield bereft of ideas, width, pace and creativity...oh and height and strength. Why oh why did we sign Rankine..too similar to what we already have. Both center halfs were weak also. For me Bairds is done as a Bairns player. His record at any club shows he's a one season wonder then tails off then moves on. The BOD are at the root of the problem but Houston isn't blameless with uninspiring signings and seems to go for the safe option when approaching games. Need a win soon to install some confidence on and off the park. 

Absolutely right about the midfield. Full of players who are too similar. No one as able to get beyond the strikers from the middle of the park.