The Falkirk FC Thread

Part of me not that keen on how reliant we are on a long throw for our creative threat but also don't get why we only use it when we are desperate, why not utilise it from minute one?

We utilised it multiple times yesterday at 0-0 but the problem was we rarely won the 1st header/flick on.

Good tool to have though as both Muirhead & Hippolyte can give it a good launch.

One of his throws in the second half he sort of stopped because his foot was clearly over the line but given the level of officiating in the championship he will be fine.

Will Vaulks long throw for the Mchugh winner v hibs was clearly. over the line also.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Has Hippolyte ever taken one where he hasn't been two yards onto the pitch when he releases the ball? I'm amazed he hasn't been called for it yet.

I used to shout for it every time he took one for Livi. Nearly every throw he takes is a foul throw. I think he was once pulled up for it.

Edit - Its not so much that he is on the pitch when he throws it, its that his back foot is off the ground at point of release every single time.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Watching Scottish and English football every weekend I've noticed that foul throws are just widely ignored now.

Quite amazing watching players worth £50M + and they can't even take a throw in properly.

At least up here we don't have to worry about referees picking up on it. They find it a challenge to allow advantage for fuxake.

You only have to have part of your feet on the touchline when you throw it but both feet must be touching the ground.  Some of the throw ins you see these days are ridiculous especially when watching football from abroad. Sometimes you wonder if the guy could throw it through his legs and still get away with it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog