The Falkirk FC Thread

Even without Vaulks, we'll be a stronger outfit this season than last. Alston has already been replaced.
Would be very surprised if we didn't improve on last seasons points total.

If Hibs can carry their cup form over to the league they will win the division. However, as was seen last season a team who could beat the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen etc in cup games then managed to lose 8 times in the league including drubbings at home to the likes of Morton. I'm sure Celtic would loan Henderson anywhere if you made it worth their while cash wise.

Hibs won't win this league at a canter, they will probably come a comfortable 2nd behind us though.

Not arrogance. We are just better than them as last year proved.

Totally agree! But I think the price will ultimately be a serious dent to our title aspirations. Maybe a bit dramatic but he that important to us. However got to trust that Houston has planned for this & has an alternative in mind. [emoji460]️

733adb5800b34fbb5dedf09b67bc96b3.jpg

We're in some way fortunate that the standard in this league is pish. Having lost 5 games already we should be a lot more than 9 points off top spot. We're still favourites for a playoff spot but we badly need some new faces in January.  

Would you really trust Houstie to spend more money? Most of his signings have been really uninspiring!

This. Like I said in the match thread, losing to Dumbarton and they are the only team of the weekend who takes 3 points out of us is mega fortunate. I hope its a turning point of sorts, Houston appeared to acknowledge (with rage) the first half apathy we have seen recently, but it really needs dealt with before we get much older. Creativity and a right sided midfielder desperately needed in January.
As a side not, Falkirk website was advertising half season ticket under the slogan "football comes alive in the second half with Falkirk" Go and f**k yourself whoever wrote that. It's not the least bit funny that we can't perform in a first half.

Also, Lee Miller is amazing

I took it as the 2nd half of the season....

Of course but its a play on the fact that we play better in second halfs of games too IMO

Well that's true. It certainly is mind boggling that we don't start games well, especially at home. Although that said, we did against the Fifers at home in Oct. Maybe because they won the toss & made us shoot towards the South stand in the 2nd half.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Rogers in goal. Back three of Luca, Grant and McCracken. Leahy and Kidd as wing backs.

Midfield of Hippolyte Taiwo and Sibbald.

Austin and Miller upfront.

Thats relevant changes, not this pish if changing the LB and CH like for like. Its well balanced unlike the current set up. Give that fucker a go Houstie.

It's a good idea but I don't think Hippo would work in a midfield 3.

We are needing someone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis. If O'Hara is our serious best option we must be in some shape as a team

Relying on an under 20's player to make the difference is asking far too much. He needs time and a gradual introduction. Talk about putting pressure on young shoulders. I'm afraid we need some better options up front.

I take it we are still interested in making the play offs, let's be honest, this season it's our only option