The Falkirk FC Thread

A new right winger and the return of Mr Loy please Mr Houston x

Agreed. Loy would make a massive difference. Halfway through the season and our top scorers have barely registered. Miller has over performed as a cameo but baird in particular cannot rely on being industrious every week we need a goalscorer that can create his own chances as well as those set up by others

Who's being sold to finance ?

Sibbs
Gallagher
O'hara

They're lining up to sell Gallagher imo, no doubt the kids talented (and showed it today too!) but the only reason he's getting game time is to grab the attention of bigger clubs, the more games he's played the more value he's worth.

Pisses me off a bit that we just sell youngsters right off the bat instead of enjoying them for a while. Don't bother with the 'we have to sell two players a year to survive' I'd love to have Ryan Blair in the team right now and will be absolutely gutted if we sell Gallagher before he plays 30 odd games.

Edited by thelocalcat

I'm never sure the etiquette for posting after a game. But thought I'd go here as my point not specific to today's game so here goes...Aaron Muirhead!! Seems to be struggling with form & confidence, basic skills abandoned him. Maybe bigger issues in the team and he playing out of position but he becoming a real problem in my opinion. Others views welcomed.

If anyone is willing to give us a little cash for Leahy then I would imagine he would be for the off.

Houston needs to concentrate on Falkirk and not the other teams budgets and trying to sell a youngster who has played 3 games for us.

If anyone is willing to give us a little cash for Leahy then I would imagine he would be for the off.

Houston needs to concentrate on Falkirk and not the other teams budgets and trying to sell a youngster who has played 3 games for us.

He won't be selling him, but I am sure Henderson, Thomson and Ritchie can see the green backs already. Celtic had a bid thrown out already.

utter, utter gash yesterday. Apart from the (great) move for the goal, a couple of decent crosses from hyppolite across the face of goal, and the last five or so mins,  that was woefully inadequate... much like the games v StM & QoS, so hardly a blip. Or a surprise.

We're dire right now; snail's pace slow, utterly predictable going forward and soft as shite all over the park. Getting bossed by Kilmarnock was bad enough, but this season had been a new low for our embarrassing lack of any real physical presence. 

We spent most of the game playing impotent hoof-ball and chipping piss-poor, floaty free kicks into nowhere in particular. WTF is that all about Houston? A team of tiny tots up front, receiving chest-high passes with their back to goal, and look-alike midfielders who play square when we have possession and get brushed off the ball with ease when we don't. 

This doesn't bode well. 

These free kicks of ours really need looking at. Floating the ball to a big guy at the back post so can head it back across goal I don't think it or our corners worked once yesterday. For me free kicks should always be whipped in fast on goal any touch and they are in

Last years late late shows were superb but including the 2nd half of last season & the dross so far there have been very few games in which we have dominated. A handful maybe? Relying on long throws & last minute goals can only get you so far. Not in full on panic mode but add to the complete lack of ambition from the board then the rest of the season will be more of the same I fear.

That has cheered me right up [emoji106]

These free kicks of ours really need looking at. Floating the ball to a big guy at the back post so can head it back across goal I don't think it or our corners worked once yesterday. For me free kicks should always be whipped in fast on goal any touch and they are in

Couldn't agree more. If anything WE look more likely to concede from our own set pieces. One pass puts teams in on goal when these floaty attempts inevitable break down. Our taller players don't attack the ball with any conviction. Poor stuff all round.

Couldn't agree more. If anything WE look more likely to concede from our own set pieces. One pass puts teams in on goal when these floaty attempts inevitable break down. Our taller players don't attack the ball with any conviction. Poor stuff all round.

And the converse was that every time the pars had a corner or free kick my heart was in my mouth as they whipped them in. That big no12 won most they hit the bar and had one cleared off the line. Since Alston left our delivery into the box from set pieces has been awful. We must have one player who can deliver a decent dead ball?