The Falkirk FC Thread

Does anyone else remember back to back home games in 83 or 84 where we win 6-4 then lost 6-4 ? I was at both games and from memory we beat Forfar and lost to Clyde ? I was also at Somerset in the match in between and we lost 2-0. Hugh Sprott was in goals for Ayr and his tache have Geordie Watson's a run for his money haha.

I think that it was Forfar and Montrose but probably wrong.

Does anyone else remember back to back home games in 83 or 84 where we win 6-4 then lost 6-4 ? I was at both games and from memory we beat Forfar and lost to Clyde ? I was also at Somerset in the match in between and we lost 2-0. Hugh Sprott was in goals for Ayr and his tache have Geordie Watson's a run for his money haha.

Forfar and Hamilton.

The hearts game was one of my favourites at brockville. The one at ibrox there was a picture of me my dad and wee sister printed in the herald, my old man got the original colour print off them, still has it. Even though I know more Falkirk fans in Stirling than Albion ones, growing up a Bairn here id always get slagged for supporting Falkirk rather than one of the ugly sisters, days like these ones certainly made it worthwhile, even if hearts did beat us at Ibrox there was a tremendous sense of pride, even for an 11 year old laddie from Stirling.

My favourite game at Brockville was the 4-3 cup game against  Partick. It was genuinely thrilling. I was 11 years old and it didn't seem weird to have 13000 approx fans in the ground  at that time. Still the most enjoyable season to support Falkirk the team was tremendous and the choir were on top form back then.

34 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

My favourite game at Brockville was the 4-3 cup game against  Partick. It was genuinely thrilling. I was 11 years old and it didn't seem weird to have 13000 approx fans in the ground  at that time. Still the most enjoyable season to support Falkirk the team was tremendous and the choir were on top form back then.

What a night that was.

Amazingly that was the replay for 1 of the worst games through at Firhill.

I went through to the game from Glasgow with a Motherwell supporting girl who was a friend of a friend.

She was lovely too, but I was so vexed, irked and peeved by the game that I completely lost focus in the aftermath and think I may have missed out badly, thinking back. :(

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I went through to the game from Glasgow with a Motherwell supporting girl who was a friend of a friend.

She was lovely too, but I was so vexed, irked and peeved by the game that I completely lost focus in the aftermath and think I may have missed out badly, thinking back. :(

Probably best she learnt soon that you only have room for 1 love in your life.

Nobody will ever replace Falkirk and BSLM :wub:

Edited by Gaz FFC

17 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Totally off topic but just found out today Graham Bowman has started training at my work and according to a friend he plays amatuer football for Brunswick, strange to see someone drop down so much from a pretty decent level.

Nah it's another Bowman, better keeper for me.

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

What a night that was.

Amazingly that was the replay for 1 of the worst games through at Firhill.

i was in the cooperage lane enclosure that night ...when the cameras went close up on the bobby law/stainrod incident my old mans giant sheepskin gloved hand could be clearly seen expressing his thoughts....my old dear put it in slo-mo & managed to get a flavour of his eloquently expressed opinions..