The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The Council got an input into the Falkirk Stadium design and partial ownership thereof due to them owning some of the land that was sold to Morrisons during the sale of Brockville. I think it's fair to say that shared ownership of TFS hasn't been a great thing for our club. We're basically a tenant in our own home. Any paying sweetly for the privilege.

Bearing that in mind, I suspect that hell would freeze over before we would ever give the Council an input - and therefore a veto and the chance to charge us even more money - into any development of the South stand.

Was it not paid for by Sandy Alexander and we either rent it on the cheap or repay it over the very long term?

BPM would probably know. Edit - he's already answered it. He beat me by two mins. Do you have the financial details Mr P?

I'm not talking about who owns the stand as we all know Sandy Alexander paid for it and we rent it. I'm talking about where the finances came for its new refit for the bar etc. 

From the herald:

Mr Henderson said the initiative involved joint working with the football club and Falkirk Foundation with the majority of the cash coming from the land tax credit schemes. He said: “This allows companies to reduce tax liabilities by investing in community facilities and we will be using this structure to bring about the development of the first floor.”

Some sort of tax relief scheme. Has hee haw to do with the council.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I'm not talking about who owns the stand as we all know Sandy Alexander paid for it and we rent it. I'm talking about where the finances came for its new refit for the bar etc. 
From the herald:
Mr Henderson said the initiative involved joint working with the football club and Falkirk Foundation with the majority of the cash coming from the land tax credit schemes. He said: “This allows companies to reduce tax liabilities by investing in community facilities and we will be using this structure to bring about the development of the first floor.”

Some sort of tax relief scheme. Has hee haw to do with the council.

AFAIK the refit of the south stand 1st floor/ground floor reception area is under the ownership of the club & community foundation. Who gets what income, I've no idea though.

5 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I have to say that I don't know the financial ins and outs of the stadium deal but if we're £400000 a year extra for the stadium then surely that's unsubstainable for a club our size? just 2 or 3 seasons of a slump, no cup run and crowds down to 2000 mark and we'd be bankrupt or close to it. is anyone at the club trying to do anything about the stadium deal as it seems seriously unfair to us? when the south stand got built, considering the amount of free publicity we should get a huge discount not just time to pay back the cost (might be my memory but was it not implied in the press at the time that the south stand was getting built for us at no cost to the club as the guy was a huge fan?) 

I don't think he means that we pay £400k for the stand each year? This is a net figure when compared to Hamilton as we currently pay around £70k to rent it and are making no additional income from it. As I understand it Hamilton wholly own their stadium and rent out or utilise the stands in other ways to raise additional income which, going by BPM's figures is bringing in somewhere around £330k per annum?

I can only assume that the tax referred to would be a legitimate business expense therefore reducing our corporation tax bill..I'm familiar with this practice as I have my own limited company....or is this something else I'm unaware of? A question for the accountants amongst us

We need to just keep putting points on the board & see where it takes us.

Hibs, Utd & Morton all have games in hand but we all play each other over the next 3/4 weeks and I reckon there are still a few twists and turns.

I sound like a broken record but we not only want to be in 2nd place for the play offs but on current league form, you want to be 2nd incase Hibs keep dropping points.

We need to just keep putting points on the board & see where it takes us.

Hibs, Utd & Morton all have games in hand but we all play each other over the next 3/4 weeks and I reckon there are still a few twists and turns.

I sound like a broken record but we not only want to be in 2nd place for the play offs but on current league form, you want to be 2nd incase Hibs keep dropping points.

2nd also brings in 120k more than 4th.

18 minutes ago, hope street said:

Miller is by far a better option than Austin at this stage.

Each to their own.

Been very impressed with Austin since he's came in. Wouldn't be taking him out any time soon.

Miller is a great option off the bench, imo.

I'm basing our strongest side on what I've seen this season...Sure Kidd V muirhead is a reasonable arguement..Kidd a naturally right sided player who offers something going forward compared to muirhead a converted centre who just punts it aimlessly.. Joe McKee has played once for us & played well but we haven't seen him since...There is no better player at chesting/holding up the ball than Lee miller...Austin is a bit of an enigma .We need to play a different game if he's playing ie ball over the top to let him run at them...Miller with Baird buzzing around him would be my first choice

Edited by distresseduke
None

I have to say that I don't know the financial ins and outs of the stadium deal but if we're £400000 a year extra for the stadium then surely that's unsubstainable for a club our size? just 2 or 3 seasons of a slump, no cup run and crowds down to 2000 mark and we'd be bankrupt or close to it. is anyone at the club trying to do anything about the stadium deal as it seems seriously unfair to us? when the south stand got built, considering the amount of free publicity we should get a huge discount not just time to pay back the cost (might be my memory but was it not implied in the press at the time that the south stand was getting built for us at no cost to the club as the guy was a huge fan?) 

We are not 400k, around 160k. Hamilton rent space out to their council bringing in 250k in rent hence the 400k deficit.

Miller is by far a better option than Austin at this stage.

No danger is he. Austin was superb again today. He can run in behind as well as being good in the air and can hold it up too. Miller great for the last 20 for me now.

After today's result what is our best eleven?

Not relevant imo. We now have a squad that is all plying well at the business end of the season. It proved today we have a squad that is better equipped to play 4 or 6 games in a short period of time.

Look at who was not even involved today

Hypolyte
Muirhead
McKee
Watson
McCraken
Gallacher

Horse for courses from now in.