The Falkirk FC Thread

Hearing that the capacity of the new South Stand supporters bar/lounge is to be 150, assuming that's the seating capacity & you could get more in with standing.

Gym is to be on the "East" side of the stand with showers/changing rooms.

Supporters Lounge is to be in the "West" side with kitchen attached also.

I believe there will also be some amendments made to the front of the stand (external), something to do with the enclosing of the fire escapes that's already there.

What's the plans for the fourth stand? Sorry if already posted but I'm to lazy to check the thread.

Not been confirmed but there are a few rumours going round.

A stand (obviously) and other facilities such as a hotel, function rooms etc. I'm sure I also read they are looking to attach another 4G pitch and possibly replacement 5 a side pitches.

Would be good to get a steep single teir stand, close to pitch and optional segregation (ala the cage).
Pipe dream though.

Can't imagine it'll be anything but a single tier. I think your right about a fence though, very doubtful. If its ever segregated then it'll be by seats.

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 19:23, RC55 FFC said:

Hearing that the capacity of the new South Stand supporters bar/lounge is to be 150, assuming that's the seating capacity & you could get more in with standing.

I believe there will also be some amendments made to the front of the stand (external), something to do with the enclosing of the fire escapes that's already there.

As long as it's no ticket access like the shambles in the main stand. You turn up if there's space you get in otherwise you wait for someone to come out if it's full.

As long as it's no ticket access like the shambles in the main stand. You turn up if there's space you get in otherwise you wait for someone to come out if it's full.

That's too much like common sense. You just know it'll be a ticket/membership job.

Anyone think we might be better equipped for the play-offs this time around? Obviously still a long way to go, but we seem to be coming onto a game as opposed to burning out like last season. 

We certainly have more strength in depth this season. We had a great first 11 last season but when they were tired or injured we didn't have much to fall back on. We're also top scorers on the league and I think have only failed to score in two league games all season so that threat is there. Unfortunately beaten in 10 now with 7 wins I think. The big two games are coming up four points from morton and hibs would be good.

Anyone think we might be better equipped for the play-offs this time around? Obviously still a long way to go, but we seem to be coming onto a game as opposed to burning out like last season. 

No might about it. We are.

Solid at CH, midfield with loads of competition and the leagues top scorers. Houston has every position covered in the case of injury or suspension with a player who can do a job.

150??? Not even 10% of the SS capacity. What a waste of time.

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

150??? Not even 10% of the SS capacity. What a waste of time.

They'd have been better no bothering with any seating and made it basic with a couple of tv's a main bar and a couple of bottle bars to keep the queues down. Similar to the old budvar tent at brockville.

They'd have been better no bothering with any seating and made it basic with a couple of tv's a main bar and a couple of bottle bars to keep the queues down. Similar to the old budvar tent at brockville.

I suppose the problem is the other 6 days of the week it's to be a "Social space" for the Community Foundation, I'm not sure what that actually means in reality though.

Fingers crossed it's done correctly on a match day as you say and there's a bottle bar, that even the old Amarillo Bar had at 1 stage.

Looks like East Fife have signed Alex Cooper who was with you guys. Any good? You love us now for giving you Fash so I expect the correct response!

He always played well for our development side but always struggled in the first team, he seemed to lack confidence. As the other poster said his dead ball delivery was good. He probably needs a run of games. He might do well for you.