The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

10 additional tickets per season ticket holder is absolutely mental. The home end only seats about 6000.

Season ticket holders will miss out through this.

Lots of people will miss out through this. 600 ST holders go for 10 each that's them gone. That's the exaggerated version but you get what I mean.

I expect another embarrassing U-turn much the same as Henderson and his pished ramblings last week. I honestly cannot fathom who in their right mind would sanction selling up to 11 tickets to each season ticket holder. 

The way it should be set up

South Stand

1200 (ish) season ticket holders guaranteed. 650 spare seats. Unreserved seating. No additional tickets per season ticket holder. First come first served at general sale. 

Main Stand 

2000 (ish) season tickets holders guaranteed. 2100 spare seats. Reserved seating. 1 additional ticket per season tickets holder. First come first served if general sale. 

The way it should be set up
South Stand
1200 (ish) season ticket holders guaranteed. 650 spare seats. Unreserved seating. No additional tickets per season ticket holder. First come first served at general sale. 
Main Stand 
2000 (ish) season tickets holders guaranteed. 2100 spare seats. Reserved seating. 1 additional ticket per season tickets holder. First come first served if general sale. 

I don't think season ticket holders should get any additional tickets anywhere, the stadium is too small for the number of season ticket holders we have.

Stuff like this just makes my renewal decision easier. I'll give it a miss and get a mate to buy my playoff tickets through the season ticket sale next year after we shit the bed against Dundee or Ross County this season.

Why should season ticket holders get access to any extra tickets other than their own one? Yes they should have priority to purchase their own ticket over patg fans but that should be it surely.  Of course if their friends that are season ticket holders cant make it to the ticket sale then its not  a problem with them bringing along their friends seasons to get their tickets but that should be it.  They got grief last season from season ticket holders for making an arse of it and now they've gone far too much the other way. Total shambles.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm not arguing we were dead on our feet but all I know i was thinking was bloody hell, look at the size of these guys.

I was the same but actually, Magennis (who missed 1st leg), Boyd, Dicker and Addison are the only outfield players who were 6ft or above.  As I said, it didn't help that we just punted high balls to them all game and it's true that we haven't added enough physically to the squad.  However, that Killie side were nowhere near the most physical team we've came up against and I think because it was mentioned at the time, we're all a bit guilt of re-writing history about the cause of our demise in those games.  We lost because we had a threadbare squad who ran out of steam (and ideas), and because they had Josh Magennis who was a step above anyone in our team.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why should season ticket holders get access to any extra tickets other than their own one? Yes they should have priority to purchase their own ticket over patg fans but that should be it surely.  Of course if their friends that are season ticket holders cant make it to the ticket sale then its not  a problem with them bringing along their friends seasons to get their tickets but that should be it.  They got grief last season from season ticket holders for making an arse of it and now they've gone far too much the other way. Total shambles.

100% this

Imagine we get Hamilton away in the final. 

A ground of 6000, we would be lucky to get 2500 seats.

So by giving season ticket holders 10 extra tickets that means the first 250 in line could have sold it out. Now I know this wont happen. 

But I was gobsmacked as much as any last season when I showed up to get tickets. I had just got the weeks shopping, nipping down thinking "i'll be two minutes".

3 and a 1/2 hours later....My frozen shopping was ruined, I lost my rizzla skins so had to smoke an Asda receipt.....It was fucking melting...I am not going through that again...

It'll mean taking time off work or at the weekend to bloody queue, loads of pissed off season ticket holders yet again. If it was 1 per season ticket, it would be a slow trickle during the course of the day...Every season ticket holder would get one. No one gets pissed off.

This is just madness. By all means for the first few games, allow an extra ticket perhaps, as the demand isnt there. But if we get to the final its just going to be another farce. 

Any chance it's just a typo and should be 1 additional ticket?

Clutching at straws, I know.

I phoned the club. 10 additional is correct.

They advised me that every season ticket seat is going to be reserved for that season ticket holder for the duration of the season ticket holder sales period. Any non season ticket holder seats will be available for the 10 additional tickets portion of the sale.

If a season ticket holder doesn't take up their seat it then goes into the general sale.

Do not quote me on this until they put up another statement as it is pretty confusing. I think we're sound of we've got season tickets but they were surprised at the fact I couldn't interpret what was on the site.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I phoned the club. 10 additional is correct.

They advised me that every season ticket seat is going to be reserved for that season ticket holder for the duration of the season ticket holder sales period. Any non season ticket holder seats will be available for the 10 additional tickets portion of the sale.

If a season ticket holder doesn't take up their seat it then goes into the general sale.

Do not quote me on this until they put up another statement as it is pretty confusing. I think we're sound of we've got season tickets but they were surprised at the fact I couldn't interpret what was on the site.

so how does that work with the south stand.... I dont want to go in the main stand, but if I cant make it till the end of the day to get tickets I could end up there, or without a ticket, worst case.