The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Both them would walk into this Falkirk team. Boyle would be one of your best players.

Boyle did well last season and your right I would probably take him but Humphrey hardly kicked a ball.   The thing is though Harris obviously isnt of the same standard as Boyle . We should be looking to win the league this season and to do that we need a better standard of player in . That standard should be Boyles level and not someone he's keeping out a team. Harris is ok if we want another season like the last two but if we actually want promotion then we need better.

Humphrey only played 5 games and Boyle isnt exactly the muts nuts. Forgive me if Im not overly enthuisiastic at his signing after he was kept out the hibs side by those two.

Shadwell I agree with a lot of what you say and your constructive contributions but calm down buddy, worried you are heading for a heart attack. Go and get a carry out and chill. The season is still 6 weeks away, the fixtures aren't even out yet, don't peek too early! [emoji106]

Just now, RichieBairn said:

Shadwell I agree with a lot of what you say and your constructive contributions but calm down buddy, worried you are heading for a heart attack. Go and get a carry out and chill. The season is still 6 weeks away, the fixtures aren't even out yet, don't peek too early! emoji106.png

I'm quite calm to be honest. I had already prepared myself for this signing but I'm not going to suddenly change my mind over him now just because hes signed. The bod, ceo and manager are good at talking about getting more quality in but in reality the signings are of the same mediocrity every season now.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didnt say Aird was any good and he was another wasted Houston signing although to be honest he never got a sustained run in the side. Why sign him and then hardly ever play him? A decent signing in January may have made all the difference come the playoffs. Harris to me is of a very similar standard though I'm afraid.

The report from other clubs is that he basically has a decent game now and again and is an utter shitebag when it comes to tackling. 

But you said we'd as well as keeping Aird who was nothing short of a mess as a player for us and as a publicly with his outspoken messes, the latter doesn't upset me either side of the Glasgow divide if they are performing on the park, which Aird never.

Harris hasn't kicked a ball for and the reviews are similar to Hippo and most wingers.... 

Like any Falkirk signing, I prefer to see what they do in navy blue first, funnily works out for the best

Just now, MrDust said:

But you said we'd as well as keeping Aird who was nothing short of a mess as a player for us and as a publicly with his outspoken messes, the latter doesn't upset me either side of the Glasgow divide if they are performing on the park, which Aird never.

Harris hasn't kicked a ball for and the reviews are similar to Hippo and most wingers.... 

Like any Falkirk signing, I prefer to see what they do in navy blue first, funnily works out for the best

We'll just need to agree to disagree. You feel hes of the necessary standard to win us the league and I don't . Only time will tell I suppose.

Just now, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Players are happy with this signing, they thought he has lots of quality when they faced him recently.

Loy wants to come back to us, doesn't mean it's going to happen but he does want to sign again. 

Aye their happy because there's feck all chance of him keeping anyone out the side.

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think this is a good example of my point about players, managers and systems.

Morton supporter effectively dismissing McKee yet we generally think he's a good signing.

I think we need to give Harris a chance before dismissing him like Craigen and so many others.

Some signings will work out well, others won't...but we won't know until we see how he fits in.

Joe McKee is a good player when he is not injured.  Unfortunately he has had a bad time with injuries in recent seasons.

Joe McKee is a good player when he is not injured.  Unfortunately he has had a bad time with injuries in recent seasons.

Agreed, and I am not about to proclaim Harris as a great signing either. However he's only 22 and his better years could still be ahead of him under the right club and manager.

Just think we need to wait and see before writing him off...that's all.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye their happy because there's feck all chance of him keeping anyone out the side.

While I'm not excited by the signing he needs a chance to show what he can do for us and it's quite frankly pathetic writing the boy off before he has even kicked a ball for us.

Typical Falkirk fan to be fair!

Joe McKee can be a very good player when fit. You could see his ability in phases at Morton. A few injuries did him a lot of harm, and he only really started playing well consistently when his contract was running out. Wasn't bothered when he left but he's one of those you wouldn't be surprised that does well elsewhere. 

Joe McKee is a mediocre player who wouldn't get into the current Morton midfield. Keeping on players like that and signing players like Harris isn't going to cause trepidation among the rest of the league, but Falkirk aren't going to attract quality players without putting in hard scouting work and getting a lucky break or two. Second-tier jobbers is the market you're operating in: whether those are the right jobbers for the team and supporting them with some quality loans will prove the difference for most clubs in the league.