The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Sometimes a player coming back doesn't work #justsayin 

Kevin McAllister three times, John Hughes, John Henry, Kevin James, Scott McKenzie, Peter Hetherston, Crawford Baptie some of which were better 2nd time around

David Moss and Gerry McCoy no so

Loy will be fine, same manager, best bud in team and around 4/5 players there from last time and he isn't coming back to end his career, like many returners do.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Kevin McAllister three times, John Hughes, John Henry, Kevin James, Scott McKenzie, Peter Hetherston, Crawford Baptie some of which were better 2nd time around

David Moss and Gerry McCoy no so

Loy will be fine, same manager, best bud in team and around 4/5 players there from last time and he isn't coming back to end his career, like many returners do.

Think there was a guy by the name of Houston too...

Good signing. Missing out on Loy makes me realise, in a small way, what it's like to be a Morton fan.

I've heard a rumour you offered him A MASSIVE BAG OF CASH to sign for you over us.

^^^ am I doing "bitter and twisted diddy" right, there?

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Think there was a guy by the name of Houston too...

My brain isn't working(yep normal service) with the huge grin I have...

David Nichols the one I cudnt remember has just came through now....

Still got my Houston 12 coasters top

34 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can't recall ever noticing this chap but doesn't it strike anyone as strange that he's been completely written off by successive Dundee managers if he's as good as you guys think? It's not like Dundee are drowning in quality footballers, quite the contrary, so why is he surplus to requirements in a pish Dundee team?

Genuine question. 

He's got 37 goals and 17 assists in 91 games in the Championship, so he's clearly proven at this level. It may be that McCann believes he can attract better for Dundee in the Premiership, so is happy to let him leave and use his wage on someone else. You'd need to ask Dee fans how he's actually performed for them, but it seems like he's been tarred with the same brush as Keatings i.e. capable at this level, but not trusted to make the step up.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Good signing. Missing out on Loy makes me realise, in a small way, what it's like to be a Morton fan.

I've heard a rumour you offered him A MASSIVE BAG OF CASH to sign for you over us.

^^^ am I doing "bitter and twisted diddy" right, there?

I heard Lee Miller bit one of your players in a game between the sides at TFS last season.

can you confirm? :P

He's got 37 goals and 17 assists in 91 games in the Championship, so he's clearly proven at this level. It may be that McCann believes he can attract better for Dundee in the Premiership, so is happy to let him leave and use his wage on someone else. You'd need to ask Dee fans how he's actually performed for them, but it seems like he's been tarred with the same brush as Keatings i.e. capable at this level, but not trusted to make the step up.

Joking aside he done well in spells. Just not consistent enough to and was too weak.

Team at moment for me

------------------Thompson--------------

Mhead Watson Grant gallacher

---------------------mckee-------------------

Harris--------------------------------hippo

-------------------sibbald---------------------

-------austin--------------------loy-----------

Decent side assuming no one else comes in. If sibbald leaves craigen can play no10 role. Subs are Miller and ohara for loy and austin. Shepherd or craigen for Harris. Taiwo and Kerr for McKee. Gaspo for Watson or Grant.

46 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can't recall ever noticing this chap but doesn't it strike anyone as strange that he's been completely written off by successive Dundee managers if he's as good as you guys think? It's not like Dundee are drowning in quality footballers, quite the contrary, so why is he surplus to requirements in a pish Dundee team?

Genuine question. 

I'll bite - I'm pretty sure he joined Dundee when they had better on their books namely Kane Hemmings who was better placed to plat the system they were using. I think maybe he then got injured.

I don't blame McCann for letting him go as he's hardly proven At that level and McCann needs to get this right.

In this league though Loy is proven. Even with his self declared lack of fitness when at Saints last season I'm pretty sure (without calculating it) he will have a far superior goals to minutes ratio than Baird and McHugh. I'd also reckon that Austin and Millers ratios would be better than Baird and McHugh also. I see this as a significant improvement up front for us.

Edited by BountyBairn

54 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Genuine question. 

I would have been happy to keep him, great poacher and was knocking them in, in the top flight, before he got injured,. He'll get 15 - 20 in that league, no probs. Also, Hartley didn't have a clue what he was trying to do.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Team at moment for me

------------------Thompson--------------

Mhead Watson Grant gallacher

---------------------mckee-------------------

Harris--------------------------------hippo

-------------------sibbald---------------------

-------austin--------------------loy-----------

Decent side assuming no one else comes in. If sibbald leaves craigen can play no10 role. Subs are Miller and ohara for loy and austin. Shepherd or craigen for Harris. Taiwo and Kerr for McKee. Gaspo for Watson or Grant.

I agree with most but for me Craigen needs to go somewhere (hard to say where exactly i know), his end of season form had me thinking that he could be a massive player for us this season.

Great signing, he's no world beater but he's an excellent signing at this level who I think will work really well with Austin. Reckon we'll only see a backup LB and possibly a midfielder to replace Sibbs if he goes. would obviously love a proper RB but I think that ship has sailed. 

Does Henderson play LB? Might be that we're planning on using him as cover for the left and we'll be done.

We won't see Sibbald in a Falkirk top again. Hopefully Houstie can use the compo money to bring in a decent replacement. If I was being greedy I'd want one more in as well, probably cover at LB for Gallagher or something? Henderson was playing LB in the training game though, so maybe another wide player instead