The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Gasparotto as CF for the last ten minutes. FFS.

I think he was Crocked so they just stuck him up there. The team had given up by then anyway and weren't interested. 

Thought the long throws tonight worked a treat. Not!

haven't even used my season tickets yet and starting to regret forking out over £500.

We seem to have a number of issues. having offloaded lots of players we've only brought in 3 and left ourselves really lightweight. guys like Muirhead who I've praised many times on here needs to control his temper and not get himself suspended especially when he knows our back up right back is injured. we can't be playing gaspo at right back in important games. Houston needs to stop giving teams so much respect especially when we are at home. Austin was so isolated in the first half it was a waste of time as the ball kept coming back. don't play one up front again. my old man stopped going forever after watching pressley do the same. don't play taiwo and Kerr together. one is good two isn't. they never ever score rarely assist and are very slow. can we get some strategic corners sorted? stop going backwards with throw ins? I could go on that was as big a shambles as I've seen tonight in terms of falkirk and we actually have decent players so Houston needs to take some responsibility.

finally falkirk stop charging me two quid for a programme which is one sheet with almost nothing to read in it. makes my blood boil.

well done livvi you deserved it

I think it’s a scandal that Livingston players were allowed to play with a 1 metre circumference invisible force-field that prevented any Falkirk player from entering tonight.

Will somebody please tell Tony Gallagher that it is his job is to stop crosses coming into the box.  Being young is no excuse for failing to complete the basics of being a full back.

• Taiwo & Kerr as a centre paring doesn't work, yet we keep trying it
  • Craigen as a right of left midfielder doesn't work, yet we keep trying it
  • Shepherd as anything doesn't work, yet we keep trying it
  • Long throws haven't worked for a year and a half, yet we keep trying them
  • One up top doesn't work, certainly not when its Nathan Austin, I love the guy but a strong breeze puts him on his arse
  • We've needed a solid right back for years, we still do (and we've added the need for a solid left back too)
  • Houston as a tactician, motivator and recruiter doesn’t work, yet we keep trying it

All of it needs to change.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Isn't this just a standard Falkirk start over the last few seasons before you get going after about 6 or 7 games?

Kind of what's pissing us all off I think. I could have recruited better than Houston this year. 1 good signing in Loy and he has completely ignored all the problem areas of the squad even after letting 7 players go, no doubt freeing up a pretty large chunk of cash for wages.

Hard to think where to start with this?

Utterly dreadful performance from every fuckin one of them. Taiwo and Kerr don't work in the same side, so lets try it one more time! TBF, I think McKee may have had a wee injury as I watched him and Taiwo doing some light jogging on their own at training yesterday so maybe he didn't want to risk him from the start? We started with two wingers yet Harris is played in the middle of the park, a position that clearly doesn't suit him. FFS, he's a confidence player, play him on the right wing and give him a chance to do what he's good at! 

The defence is an absolute shambles; what the f**k has happened to Peter Grant? Missing lots of headers and his work on the ground is shoddy to say the least. Gallagher is being hung out to dry for me, playing in a defence devoid of confidence or continuity, his confidence could get shot to f**k! Felt a wee bit too for big Luca having to play RB; who do we play there on Saturday now as he was hobbling at the end? 

Midfield is weak, neither Craigen or Harris have a tackle in them and Kerr is clearly finished as a 90 minute man.

We look ok up top although I can picture Loy going into his frustrated mode and starting to charge around trying to do it all himself.

This is shaping up to be a very long season and I'm already feeling pissed off about the whole thing!

Well done Livi btw, fully deserved to win; I hope you go on and thrash Celtic in the final!

Isn't this just a standard Falkirk start over the last few seasons before you get going after about 6 or 7 games?

Feels like we are a million miles from getting going at the moment.

Perhaps it was the impressive start in the league cup group games that had given some of us a feeling of confidence of a good start this season, but that's certainly been blown away these last couple of games.

The biggest worry to me is how threadbare we seem to be when just a few players get injured or suspended.

I usually like to avoid blaming the manager, but tactically I don't think anyone understands what a Houston is trying to do at the moment.

1 minute ago, spratte said:

If only we could sign someone like that, a play maker just imagine......

Thing is, we need to sign him more than ever now but have less chance of doing so because we won't have the cash to come in from the quarter final. The BOD will be even more anxious to offload him!

He looked a very scunnered young man tonight.

Our BoD thinks they have Sibbs over a barrel but I didn't realise that Sam Nicholson at Hearts went to the States this year to avoid being in the situation Sibbs is in. No development fee required by going there. What if Sibbs decided to take that route? Probably double his money and would be free next summer.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thing is, we need to sign him more than ever now but have less chance of doing so because we won't have the cash to come in from the quarter final. The BOD will be even more anxious to offload him!

How can we be worrying about cash, we let 7 players go, surely that is enough to pay sibbs wages along with a few others?

Kind of what's pissing us all off I think. I could have recruited better than Houston this year. 1 good signing in Loy and he has completely ignored all the problem areas of the squad even after letting 7 players go, no doubt freeing up a pretty large chunk of cash for wages.

How many times have Falkirk fans to be told. HE HAS NOT GOT ANY MONEY TO SIGN ANY PLAYERS EVEN IF THEY GET A FEE FOR SIBBALD.

Just now, GMBairn said:

How can we be worrying about cash, we let 7 players go, surely that is enough to pay sibbs wages along with a few others?

Oh aye, you'd think so but I get the impression that we don't have a pot to piss in. I think they'd take a ridiculously low offer for Sibbs now.

Exactly, they can't see the end of their nose. Fuckin complete shambles by the club, the boy is sitting with the squad watching a game he would have controlled and we are sitting watching a team BASE jumping sans parachute. I mean Luca at right back who with a sane mind would consider that as an option I honestly felt sorry for him

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh aye, you'd think so but I get the impression that we don't have a pot to piss in. I think they'd take a ridiculously low offer for Sibbs now.

You are most likely correct but God only knows how that is the case, we probably have one of the smallest squads in the division now.