The Falkirk FC Thread

I can't remember if I have ever seen him, but how bad is Finlayson, if an injured, big lump of a centre half who has never played in that position ever, gets a game before him?

Apologies if this has already been covered, I can't face reading about last night again.

Edited by Super Tuesday
Typing extra letters due to remembering how crap that was last night.

9 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

I can't remember if I have ever seen him, but how bad is Finlayson, if an injured, big lump of a centre half who has never played in that position ever, gets a game before him?

Apologies if this has already been covered, I can't face reading about last night again.

He's not bad at all. Can be very good going forward but is sometimes suspect defensively.

I was disappointed that he didn't get a chance last night. Possibly Houston's thinking was that we already have one teenage fullback playing for the first team, who's considered a better prospect than Marko, and who's struggling a bit. Putting another one into an already-shaky defence might have been seen as too risky. I can understand that line of thinking even if I don't personally agree with it. Assuming that was indeed the reason.

There's also the fact that our youth players probably aren't up to full match sharpness yet. They've had one friendly against the Shire, a closed-door match against Hearts at Heriott Watt last Monday and a tourney at Bristol in which they apparently weren't very good. They won't play their first competitive game for another two weeks yet.

I was more disappointed with the striker situation. O Hara's scored twice so far in his friendly appearances and looks more clinical than Shepherd, who's had chances yet hasn't buried them. For me, as a minimum, O Hara should be getting first crack off the bench. 

Theres nothing like humping scumfermline to get you back on track. Roll on next Saturday. Normal service shall be resumed [emoji16]

Looks like they are lying down to Sevco again tonight. Or was it old co they handed the title to?

20 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I was at both and tonight was worse. That was a freakish result and we actually started off well but tonight was grim.

yeah I agree, that 1 guy scored 5 good goals in what was a surprisingly entertaining game despite the result. Last night might not have been our worst result as we shipped 7 in one game a couple of years ago i'm sure, but it was easily one of our worst performances. 

57 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He's not bad at all. Can be very good going forward but is sometimes suspect defensively.

I was disappointed that he didn't get a chance last night. Possibly Houston's thinking was that we already have one teenage fullback playing for the first team, who's considered a better prospect than Marko, and who's struggling a bit. Putting another one into an already-shaky defence might have been seen as too risky. I can understand that line of thinking even if I don't personally agree with it. Assuming that was indeed the reason.

There's also the fact that our youth players probably aren't up to full match sharpness yet. They've had one friendly against the Shire, a closed-door match against Hearts at Heriott Watt last Monday and a tourney at Bristol in which they apparently weren't very good. They won't play their first competitive game for another two weeks yet.

I was more disappointed with the striker situation. O Hara's scored twice so far in his friendly appearances and looks more clinical than Shepherd, who's had chances yet hasn't buried them. For me, as a minimum, O Hara should be getting first crack off the bench. 

I cannot believe he didn't play a natural RB, and the fact in the after match interview he is still talking about playing Luca again on Saturday in this position baffles me even more.

Hey, there was far more wrong in this performance than just this one position though.

A beer is required before attending on Saturday I think.

Edited by Super Tuesday

Actually felt a bit sorry for Luca last night. Was hopelessly out of his depth at RB, looked totally uncomfortable.

Whilst I can see your point I think the physical condition he seems to be in is borderline unprofessional. He was out of shape last season & I hoped he would return in better condition but from what I see have seen so far he seems to be carrying too much weight. Maybe our new strength & fitness coach could give him a few of his products on the cheap.

I bet that fell through because the plan to sell Sibbs didn't happen..

I think the club could be in danger of losing the fee and the player if they are not careful.

Whilst I can see your point I think the physical condition he seems to be in is borderline unprofessional. He was out of shape last season & I hoped he would return in better condition but from what I see have seen so far he seems to be carrying too much weight. Maybe our new strength & fitness coach could give him a few of his products on the cheap.

He's not fat he's hench bro x

I think the club could be in danger of losing the fee and the player if they are not careful.

I can see exactly this happening.

I mean I have absolutely no idea how the murky world of contracts and agents works but something along the lines of an 'amateur' contract could be a thing...maybe...

It's these kinds of situations where agents make their money

I can see exactly this happening.

I mean I have absolutely no idea how the murky world of contracts and agents works but something along the lines of an 'amateur' contract could be a thing...maybe...

It's these kinds of situations where agents make their money

Sam Nicholson has gone to the States to get round the problem for example.

What's to stop another club coming in and signing Sibbald
i would take him at Saints ,he would probably be on the bench right enough

Falkirk would be due compensation, the amount of which would be set by a tribunal. Those in the know seem to be saying half a million.