The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

He really is a moron. Lacks humility or the ability to give others credit or accept when he's wrong. From the perception he portrays in the media, he seems like a horrible man. That said, I'd take that if things were good on the pitch.

Aye this. Couldn't really care if he's horrible or not if he was delivering the goods. Just comes across as a fanny otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye this. Couldn't really care if he's horrible or not if he was delivering the goods. Just comes across as a fanny otherwise.

He's a decent bloke but like virtually every other manager he's a bad loser. When we win or play well He'll make good comments regarding the opposition but when we get beat the old managerial manual of excuses comes out. 

Just read through the last few pages and whilst a lot of it is raw frustration it is difficult to argue against most of the sentiment. It was no surprise to me as was the result on Saturday.

I can't help thinking that the frustrations and issues raised it could have been Pressley or Holt in charge. I am sure they got the same spunked away money, bad formations, bad tactics, shitebag players, bad substitutions, arrogant post match interviews thrown at them too.

For me you can keep whipping off the head of the wart but until the root is taken out the problem will keep reoccurring.

The club needs owners who care, owners who work hard, owner who have ambition.

Until that happens we will keep going round the loop of the manager is rubbish etc etc etc.

We need investment and people who run the club who can make a good decision more often than not.

I feel for part of the club that seem to perform. Yes the commercial department gets stuck for its cheesy mess sometimes but god it seems to make the most of a bad gig at the moment. Think what that could achieve if we were flying on the pitch.

Just read through the last few pages and whilst a lot of it is raw frustration it is difficult to argue against most of the sentiment. It was no surprise to me as was the result on Saturday.

I can't help thinking that the frustrations and issues raised it could have been Pressley or Holt in charge. I am sure they got the same spunked away money, bad formations, bad tactics, shitebag players, bad substitutions, arrogant post match interviews thrown at them too.

For me you can keep whipping off the head of the wart but until the root is taken out the problem will keep reoccurring.

The club needs owners who care, owners who work hard, owner who have ambition.

Until that happens we will keep going round the loop of the manager is rubbish etc etc etc.

We need investment and people who run the club who can make a good decision more often than not.

I feel for part of the club that seem to perform. Yes the commercial department gets stuck for its cheesy mess sometimes but god it seems to make the most of a bad gig at the moment. Think what that could achieve if we were flying on the pitch.

As you say the commercial team performing extremely well, crowds have been good and still the club are broke.
Living on the edge it would seem, one bad season and we could be on our way to becoming an Airdrie.
Desperately need leadership and ambition in the Boardroom, though God knows where it will come from.

silly thing but I'm hoping the South stand being open again and a bigger crowd eill help create a better atmosphere on Saturday.

also we really need to be going all out to score first at home. I haven't seen one ref clamp down on timewasting and I can't bear to watch that all season s. the refs (at best) point at their watch but add no time on and worse keep going over to speak to ti.ewasters without booking them and wasting even more ti.e. it's up to us to go ahead and avoid this

silly thing but I'm hoping the South stand being open again and a bigger crowd eill help create a better atmosphere on Saturday.

also we really need to be going all out to score first at home. I haven't seen one ref clamp down on timewasting and I can't bear to watch that all season s. the refs (at best) point at their watch but add no time on and worse keep going over to speak to ti.ewasters without booking them and wasting even more ti.e. it's up to us to go ahead and avoid this

Wish I had as much faith in the powers of the South Stand as you do. [emoji39]

Wish I had as much faith in the powers of the South Stand as you do. [emoji39]

I actually think it does make a difference. How much I am not sure but convinced it does

I actually think it does make a difference. How much I am not sure but convinced it does

We are in bigger trouble than I feared if we are relying on Falkirk Stadium atmosphere to get a bit of inspiration [emoji12]

But I'll take it from wherever it comes. Hopefully Saturday we will see a reaction.

A few wee arseholes charging down to dugout last night was embarrassing. I'm not a fan of Mr Houston but not quite at that stage...yet.