The Falkirk FC Thread

Houston although having had the rug pulled from under him by the board a few times, I'm not sure can be trusted anymore to bring the right player in, especially when he doesn't look further than his own doorstep. Every man and his dog could see he was going to sign Harris whether we wanted him or not. I suppose you can only piss with the cock you have but after being linked with the likes of Aiden Connolly, Harris was a bit of a letdown.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well his player is currently sitting on his arse earning nothing at the moment but probably still paying him. That would say to me that he hasn't done exactly a great job in sorting his clients future out. I'd like to have thought that Vaulks could also have done better than a team that came bottom of the championship by 19 points but I suppose at least he will be getting paid a few bob as will his agent from the deal.

Sorry but I have no idea how sitting in the stand says he is doing a bad job.

Our club seem determined to get a fee when clearly no one wishes to pay one and now potentially he has a way out to a country not beholding to development fees.

It sounds to me as a club we have no interest in ensuring we have the best possible team on the pitch or Sibbald would have signed already.

As far as the Vaulks transfer goes we have far too high opinion of the quality of our players. He got a deal in the English Championship and in most peoples eyes did nothing more than an average job there. For me it is Vaulks level

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but I have no idea how sitting in the stand says he is doing a bad job.

Our club seem determined to get a fee when clearly no one wishes to pay one and now potentially he has a way out to a country not beholding to development fees.

It sounds to me as a club we have no interest in ensuring we have the best possible team on the pitch or Sibbald would have signed already.

As far as the Vaulks transfer goes we have far too high opinion of the quality of our players. He got a deal in the English Championship and in most peoples eyes did nothing more than an average job there. For me it is Vaulks level

He's got a player on his books that hes lookng after who isnt earning any wages I really don't see the positives from that. Much poorer players than him have moved on to bigger and better things in recent years both for fees and for hee haw. I'm sure he cant sign for anyone in the US until the 14th of February which is a long time without any wages. 

20 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Wouldn't the fans group still have the final say on a player as they control the funds? They may not be willing to release the money for a Kidd or a Rankin, but if a Loy was on the table they'd be willing to part with the cash.

If I'm free, I may head along out of curiosity. It's an interesting idea and it seems like those organisers have their hearts in the right place, if nothing else.

We have SMiSA (SM Independent Supporters Association) whose 1300 members pay in at least £12 a month in order to buy the Club within 10 years.

However £2 of that £12 is used each month to help the Club in the broadest possible terms from Community initiatives to buying training gear for the U20s to erecting hall of fame boards around the stadium. But the members vote each quarter on a list of proposals put forward by SMiSA and not by the Club (about £9k in total per quarter)

In Jan we voted to give the dosh to JR to help fund players to get us out of the mess we were in (only £9k). The vote was carried but it was obvious from the many comments that the fans would only approve of that as a one off and because of the situation. Most fans would not approve this as a regular donation as they would have no say in what players were being brought in; the Club would effectively be living beyond its means; the manager may be less disciplined in his decision making; and the BoD would see it as less that they would need to budget for. The fans wanted to improve the stadium; the match-day experience and help the local Community rather than have someone else spunk their cash on a player who was shit or got injured. I dare say if we ended up in a relegation battle again another wee donation may be forthcoming but as a rule the suggestion of paying players' wages was a big NO.

We have SMiSA (SM Independent Supporters Association) whose 1300 members pay in at least £12 a month in order to buy the Club within 10 years.
However £2 of that £12 is used each month to help the Club in the broadest possible terms from Community initiatives to buying training gear for the U20s to erecting hall of fame boards around the stadium. But the members vote each quarter on a list of proposals put forward by SMiSA and not by the Club (about £9k in total per quarter)
In Jan we voted to give the dosh to JR to help fund players to get us out of the mess we were in (only £9k). The vote was carried but it was obvious from the many comments that the fans would only approve of that as a one off and because of the situation. Most fans would not approve this as a regular donation as they would have no say in what players were being brought in; the Club would effectively be living beyond its means; the manager may be less disciplined in his decision making; and the BoD would see it as less that they would need to budget for. The fans wanted to improve the stadium; the match-day experience and help the local Community rather than have someone else spunk their cash on a player who was shit or got injured. I dare say if we ended up in a relegation battle again another wee donation may be forthcoming but as a rule the suggestion of paying players' wages was a big NO.

This sound like a good idea that fans might be more inclined to buy into that simply handing the club a load of cash for a player.

33 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did 1877 club not give the club over 30K a while ago 

3 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did 1877 club not give the club over 30K a while ago 

SMiSA gave the Club a loan which they are paying back. I am not sure what you mean by the 1877 Club - if that is the new Supporters' Bar then that is different from SMiSA.

Edited by NorthBank

Fan ownership in any football is a good thing. Be wary though, there are always a few individuals who will invariably try and make it all about them.

In our case, the bold former prominent P&B poster Stuart 'I'm no a St. Mirren supporter, honest!' Dickson, who decided that despite being nothing other than another name on the list, SMiSA wasn't being run as he saw fit so decided he wanted to take them through all sorts of legal proceedings to get them shut down as he had solid evidence of corruption.

So much evidence that when it came to the 'put up or shut up' point in proceedings, he was asked to fork up £500 to fund a legal case against SMiSA and decided that his 'concrete evidence' was actually not concrete enough to fucking bother.:lol:

So yeah, fan ownership is a good idea, but beware of the 1% who will try and make it all about them if they aren't being inundated with people asking them to be the glorious leader.

I'm not overly convinced fan ownership is ideal and to me is just multiplying the dicks, diluting the ownership.

Fan ownership in general is what it is on the tin but is there any evidence of yet that it's any different, I'd expect most majority shareholders are fans in any case, especially in Scotland.

Asking for serious investment in Scottish Football tho is like inventing a chocolate teapot

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's got a player on his books that hes lookng after who isnt earning any wages I really don't see the positives from that. Much poorer players than him have moved on to bigger and better things in recent years both for fees and for hee haw. I'm sure he cant sign for anyone in the US until the 14th of February which is a long time without any wages. 

Really? like me you don't really know the full in and outs so I won't make assumptions either way regarding his agent.

What we do know is that Sibbald wants to sign for a year as like this summer no one looks like paying anything for him. The club think the Magic Money tree is out there and someone is going to give them money for him. They are deluded if they think someone will give them cash that will make it worthwhile to sell him.

The clubs position gets more and more bizarre by the day IMO.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Anyone blaming Sibbald for this is delusional. It's the board at fault, and changes are needed quickly. 

I don't think anyone is blaming Sibbald, but if his contract ended this season and he left for hee haw then there would be plenty blaming the board.

We owe Sibbald nothing and the club don't owe him anything.

I hope he does sign on again but it's all become a charade on both parts

12 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Really? like me you don't really know the full in and outs so I won't make assumptions either way regarding his agent.

What we do know is that Sibbald wants to sign for a year as like this summer no one looks like paying anything for him. The club think the Magic Money tree is out there and someone is going to give them money for him. They are deluded if they think someone will give them cash that will make it worthwhile to sell him.

The clubs position gets more and more bizarre by the day IMO.

I thought they wanted him to sign a two year contract or one year plus option. If thats not the case and they simply think they can still get money for him this window then they truly are deluded. If anyone was going to be interested in him they would've signed him by now. On the other hand its also not the clubs fault that Sibbalds agent cant find him a club willing to pay a moderate fee for his services . If the bod are offering him a 2 year deal then their only covering the clubs position and at the end of the day he'll be 24 when that ends and able to sign for anyone he wants for nothing and at only  24 he'll still have a good bit of his career in front of him.  As I've said already best option is for him to sign the deal play like a man possessed and he'll get his move quickly anyway , we get cash for him and everyones a winner.

At the end of the day theres no room for sentimentality in football these days. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

"At the end of the day theres no room for sentimentality in football these days."

Exactly why Sibbald is right to look after his own interests.

Of course and we've every right to look after ours. Problem for him is if he doesn't do something he'll not be getting a wage and I've no idea how long he feels he can go without . Perhaps he has enough stashed away to keep himself till next summer when he can go for nothing who knows.

Of course and we've every right to look after ours. Problem for him is if he doesn't do something he'll not be getting a wage and I've no idea how long he feels he can go without . Perhaps he has enough stashed away to keep himself till next summer when he can go for nothing who knows.

Unlikely on our wages.

The money Sibbs earned the club in 2015 with the goals in the quarter and semi finals of the Scottish cup allowing loans to be paid off early and pull in over a million in profit which seems to have disappeared down the couches of the directors means he should be given a one year deal and be allowed to go at the at end of the season.

5 seasons of service, nearly 245 games yet the club just want their 200k to save for a new stand to make the directors business more money.

Sham.