The Falkirk FC Thread

Take from this what you will but the rumor (bullshit?) mill on the Facebook group had produced the following today:

Longridge and Welsh will be away as they couldn't agree terms.

We have signed some lad from Brighton. A CB apparently.

Harley was seen in Glasgow with a group of guys, including Samaras and McCourt although even the op did suggest it could be a meeting off old pals.

Someone mentioned something about stokes.

22 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Given the excitement around Loy and the appalling record of Jakubiak b4 us and how they both turned out forgive me if I wait until these guys are on the pitch before I decide whether I'm gonnae boooo them

Oh don't be like that. Get yourself whipped into a frenzy.

46 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Take from this what you will but the rumor (bullshit?) mill on the Facebook group had produced the following today:

Longridge and Welsh will be away as they couldn't agree terms.

We have signed some lad from Brighton. A CB apparently.

Harley was seen in Glasgow with a group of guys, including Samaras and McCourt although even the op did suggest it could be a meeting off old pals.

Someone mentioned something about stokes.

Out of this lot;

Astonished if Hartley thinks Welsh is worthy of a new contract

Brighton thing could be true as I am sure someone else has mentioned this elsewhere

Samaras and McCourt not even sure what to say here

Stokes would be an interesting one provided his head is in the right place, could bag a sh!t load of goals in this league or could end up another Loy scenario. 

Edited by Stuperman01

Out of this lot;
Brighton thing could be true as I am sure someone else has mentioned this elsewhere
Stokes would be an interesting one provided his head is in the right place, could bag a sh!t load of goals in this league or could end up another Loy scenario. 

I think he must have offered Welsh something otherwise he would have been on the release list a few weeks ago. I agree it is a tad worrying as he looks gash.

Re Welsh there must be a player in their somewhere as he was highly rated at Partick but injured too often.  If he stays fit and we play him in the right midfield he may do a job or he may just be seen as a squad player as I doubt he'll be on loads of dough.

Edited by Shodwall cat

20 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Out of this lot;

Surely if he was being freed, he would've been announced along with Thomson, Grant, Taiwo and Watson and the loan players going back tho their parent clubs.

Samaras for me is laughable not as much as Stokes tho for having any ounce of facts, McCourt is back in Ireland playing again playing 2nd tier out there and obviously thats where he wants to be, Id think that would be 2+2 and getting 5 with McCourt, the other two its adding 2 + Inifinite and getting a number

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Re Welsh there must be a player in their somewhere as he was highly rated at Partick but injured too often.  If he stays fit and we play him in the right midfield he may do a job or he may just be seen as a squad player as I doubt he'll be on loads of dough.

Id hazard a guess we perhaps offered him a pay as you play deal(quite rightly) the slight robust challenge v St Mirren had him off the park is a big concern as it wasnt a really bad challenge.

If we signed Welsh, it would be like signing Harris mk2, we know what we would be signing up and couldnt really blame anyone bar ourselves knowing that he is injury prone

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

...yeah, just what we need; re-sign another 5foot8, 10 stone midfielder who has no physical presence, doesn't go box to box, can't shoot, and can barely pass further than 10 yards from inside his own half.  Brilliant. We've been down this road over the last.. 5, 6, 7? years, and its baffling that some folks still think this kind of player is going to make us better.  Significantly better than what we have is what we desperately need. Remind me how long its been debated that we need stronger, taller midfielders in the team, not lightweight makeweights?   

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Tom Dallison, centre back from Brighton, announced by the club.

Bit of a dish apparently!!

He belongs on Love Island. I'd step forward for the big man.

Very good pedigree too, having gone through West Ham and Brighton's youth systems. On the face of it that looks a very good signing.

Just now, Kyle said:

Very good pedigree too, having gone through West Ham and Brighton's youth systems. On the face of it that looks a very good signing.

Making him exactly the kind of player we should be aiming for.  Plus, he looks like you wouldn't want to nick his crisps...Or play against him.                                                           Get him telt about our Fife cousins.