The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He played RB once for us that I can recall. It was in 2016 away at Starks Park. The reason I recall this is because he was fucking brutal and sold a goal.

Aye brought the ball down perfectly for Hardie to score.

Tommy Wright was at the game aswell.

1 minute ago, S-Bairn said:

If the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 doesnt work is higgy a shout for a winger in the old 4-4-2? We could be doing with width and he is out of contract

Higgy?

As in.... Kallum......

Higginbotham?????

What's the best place for a look at the players currently in the squad for next season? I've seen the article about 5 players signing new contracts (+ Mutch, Lewis, Dallison and Brough) but who else is there? Is everyone else up in the air at the moment?

Why not? Decent at this level, cant be on too much over the water, just thinking of out of contract players that could make a difference in a game which is what we need
Benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll.....

Because we are looking to do something different in order to get quality into our squad and get out of what looks like a very tough league, and Higgy is a seething wee jobber who isnt getting any younger/better.

Got to be a wind-up.......
Presumably. Not sure why the Mad Max gif didnt just come out straight away tbh.

10 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

Why not? Decent at this level, cant be on too much over the water, just thinking of out of contract players that could make a difference in a game which is what we need

Go and take a right good f**k to yourself Kallum. 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll.....

Because we are looking to do something different in order to get quality into our squad and get out of what looks like a very tough league, and Higgy is a seething wee jobber who isnt getting any younger/better.Presumably. Not sure why the Mad Max gif didnt just come out straight away tbh.

I see NBB gave no such courtesy.....

Excellent GIF work in amongst an absolute Tour De Force of recent posting from yourself @NewBornBairn

Have yet another green dot for your efforts.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hartley pounces for Kostadin 'The Relegator' Gadzhalov. He was apparently on a wage that was on par with our U20's, has a cracking looking wife and is an excellent CH. It puzzles a lot of Dundee fans that McCann never, ever gave him a sniff. Extremely injury prone is the only thing that might put Hartley off - And obviously if you're not in need of a CH.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Hartley pounces for Kostadin 'The Relegator' Gadzhalov. He was apparently on a wage that was on par with our U20's, has a cracking looking wife and is an excellent CH. It puzzles a lot of Dundee fans that McCann never, ever gave him a sniff. Extremely injury prone is the only thing that might put Hartley off - And obviously if you're not in need of a CH.

We have presumably our 3 first team CH's in Muirhead, McGhee and the stunning Dallinson. However we do need cover and if the wife is as cracking as you say.....

1 hour ago, S-Bairn said:

If the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 doesnt work is higgy a shout for a winger in the old 4-4-2? We could be doing with width and he is out of contract

haha.gif.7fa2eb36830639d6161ecde8df689b08.gif

54 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

Just a thought, last chance this year for a push for promotion we have to consider every possibility regarless of the past

haha3.gif.05a574c3061b9579c5b5050708cade3e.gif

21 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

Would welcome him back if he rediscovered that half season with farid though, any means necessary this season, by no means saying thats the answer but why not

haha4.gif.1dc27b456c64884273fae53dc64c77f0.gif

Goal-cele.jpg.ca74941c2be6f37900247ecff5ce978e.jpg

Not sure, managers talking about playing him central this season so trying to figure out where he fits. While we're on the subject, did he ever play wing back for you lot? 

I think I can remember him playing there for a good few games right when he was first breaking through in the first-team so that would’ve been season 2010/11. For some reason I can remember him playing and scoring from there away to Patrick Thistle in a midweek game. I’d play wide left for most of the 2012/13 season and always thought he played well there.

As has been pointed out however he’s definitely never a full-back.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Do we know which fixtures are away yet?
Would quite enjoy a trip to Forfar or Montrose. A home game against St Johnstone might be interesting. Hopefully not another boring trip to Perth...

St Johnstone are number one seeds so we'll be playing them in perth again. Yawn.