The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Know what I just realised, don't know if anyone else feels the same.... See when I see a Rotherham goal flash up on Soccer Saturday I always look and see if it was Vaulks, I occasionally youtube it if he's scored. And was delighted for him at Wembley last season.  But it occured to me this morning that I really don't have any interest in Sibbald at Livi. Maybe i'll keep an eye out once the league game starts I don't know. It feels odd. I think I should want to follow his progress a wee bit.

I think the only stand out thing with Sibbs is he was local and supported us as a boy and its rare these days you see that as most of them only seem to support Celtic or Rangers.  i see his move as a career one to put himself in the shop window and prove himself at a higher level in the hope he has a good game against the likes of Aberdeen, Sevco etc to get himself noticed and get a better move.  

27 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

What next, Shidwull Hamster?

Funnily enough, that was the precise name I thought of. Basic elimination of previously used vowels must be how our brains are programmed to predict the next incarnation of P&B posters. Every day truly is a school day.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Funnily enough, that was the precise name I thought of. Basic elimination of previously used vowels must be how our brains are programmed to predict the next incarnation of P&B posters. Every day truly is a school day.

That & popular family pets. It was either hamster or goldfish.

All-Star-Par over here vainly trying to convince himself his own support isn't riddled with wankers and racists. Bravo, fella. Bravo. 

If we've made you feel one ounce better about yourself, you're very welcome. 

I'd take Keatings in a heartbeat. Been through depression myself. Anyone with the mental fortitude to stand up and talk about that stuff in public is welcome here. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

All-Star-Par-85 over here vainly trying to convince himself his own support isn't riddled with wankers and racists. Bravo, fella. Bravo. 

I'd take Keatings in a heartbeat. Been through depression myself. Anyone with the mental fortitude to stand up and talk about that stuff in public is welcome here. 

FTFY

16 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

All-Star-Par over here vainly trying to convince himself his own support isn't riddled with wankers and racists. Bravo, fella. Bravo. 

What? :lol:

Why are you trying to point score between fans past behavior rather than condemning a fairly low comment from one of your own?

Bizarre.

All rivalry patter aside there is certain things that should not be made light of and given the amount of young males suffering with this kind of thing I personally felt the comment was extremely distasteful. Given the young guy Mitchell I believe his name was, who also had close links to Falkirk I think the comment was out of order and that's all I will say on the matter.

We have lost 3 former players to mental health issues Paul McGrillen, Forbes Johnstone and Chris Mitchell and not to mention Loy with whatever issues had last season so it would be wrong to slate anyone for mental health issues we all have it at some point in our lives.  Its a bygone era where the attitude of it was shut up and get on with it or just cheer up whilst there is growing recognition for mental health in some cases its still not recognised enough.

Edited by AL-FFC

35 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

He's not even been quoted for United this pre season so whatever issues he does have are still to be resolved it would seem.  We cant afford to sign players that arent going to be able to play and who knows may never be able to play again for all we know.  Whilst you can feel sorry for his predicament  I'd doubt he's move to us for less cash than he's on at United anyway.

2 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Just popped in to see if you've signed anyone we've heard of yet.

No?

See you later.

(Definitely tempted fate with this and Cardle will be signed within hours)

I'd rather take a chance on some unknowns from down South than Championship journeymen we know aren't good enough or consistent enough to challenge. 

I'd rather take a chance on some unknowns from down South than Championship journeymen we know aren't good enough or consistent enough to challenge. 
You rolled the dice and came up with players unable to beat a Division 1 side.

Do you want to go for double jeopardy where the scores can really change?

C'mon get in journeyman Cardle. He needs a proper wage mind. Sticking with what you know might get you mid table or into playoffs rather than your scratch card Division 1 bound ticket?

P.s. Cardle will get a round of applause at EEP. You can't lose.

4 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You rolled the dice and came up with players unable to beat a Division 1 side.

Do you want to go for double jeopardy where the scores can really change?

C'mon get in journeyman Cardle. He needs a proper wage mind. Sticking with what you know might get you mid table or into playoffs rather than your scratch card Division 1 bound ticket?

P.s. Cardle will get a round of applause at EEP. You can't lose.

Pre season results mean hee haw as we found out last season.  All that matters is that we're ready to go for the start of the league campaign.  If we're still shite then then by all means pile on.