The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I like onef sad if shut down.

more moaning on here and you don't have to wade through pages of gifs and primary school humour to read stuff about the team. there are a few good posters on here though that make me come back

It's working again.

I stopped posting on there a while back. The predictable negativity from some posters got boring. A few seasons back we went through a good spell unbeaten for months and the moaners didn't go on and post once but as soon as we got beat they came back posting, it was unreal. 

Watsons a mid to bottom of the championship standard of player.  Always liable to make a cockup  not really great in the air or on the deck and horrendous if played anywhere else but centrehalf.  Certainly nowhere good enough if you want promoted and are thinking of playing him most weeks.

Sun linking us heavily with Paul Watson, what’s the verdict?

Didn’t mind him at all. Good squad player. Not bad in the air, really tries, cannot fault his attitude at all, committed player, last ditch defender.

Injury prone, liable to one f**k up per game, gets caught out sometimes, gives away a lot of fouls around the box.

22 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Sun linking us heavily with Paul Watson, what’s the verdict?

Will look perfectly acceptable, sometimes for entire games, and then suddenly, for no reason, will boot the ball in the complete wrong direction and then proceed to fall to pieces for the rest of the game like he just remembered some kind of traumatic childhood experience. You'd better hope your other Centre Half has some kind of ability to organise him if you are planning on playing him regularly.

Paul Watson is ok at this level. Not great or shite just bang average really. As has been said he was great during our great run a few seasons ago playing alongside Peter Grant but when paired with anyone else he didn’t look anywhere near as good.

Certainly a better option than playing Stewart Murdoch there.

Be really surprised if he ends up at Dundee United however. Really expected him to end up at like Queen of the South or Raith. A team probably paying the lower wages of full-time football.

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Its on the Falkirk page Sheps has scored 2 goals, as much as i don't like to see any player fail Sheps just is not Championship level might do a job in a lower league as proven with Edinburgh City, Harris i have no doubt he probably has the ability to be a decent player but i think his injury will always hamper him from going in for a tackle and he didn't do himself any favours saying he didn't sign up for a relegation battle yet he was part of a team that got us in that position in the first place.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/players/

O Haras goal the other week counted so its his first senior goal for us.

Pre-season friendly goals don't count 

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

according to transfermarket.co.uk

Shepherd has for us 3 goals in 1418min (1 goal(home to Cowdenbeath 23-11-13)  in 874min in the Championship, 1 (away to Ayr 20-8-13)goal in 22min in the Challenge cup, 1 (away to Montrose 2-8-14)goal in 134 min in the League cup, 0 goals in 31 min in the Scottish cup and 0 goals 157 min in the play-offs)'

O'Hara has 0 goals in 1086min ( 19min in the play-offs, 10min in the Scottish Cup, 83min in the  Challenge cup, 73min in the Leauge cup and 901min in the league)

Remember though that the majority of Sheps' 1418 minutes have been at right wing