The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

The record crowd thing has always annoyed me.

Anyone will tell you about people getting lifted over turnstiles and folk jumping walls to get in so how in f**k do they know how many were there????

I was at a Rangers match in the 60`s where they had to let some of the crowd over the advertising boards to sit until they eventually got squeezed in somewhere as the match progressed!!! I`ve a feeling it was mid sixties and we won 3-2 but I could be wrong.

54 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
56 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:
Fantastic day if a bit nerve wracking.

that photo, if you look closely was just after we scored team celebrating up at the fans. Tony parks nearest us

I always remember Fulston walking through the crowd like the messiah before the game started. 

I was at a Rangers match in the 60`s where they had to let some of the crowd over the advertising boards to sit until they eventually got squeezed in somewhere as the match progressed!!! I`ve a feeling it was mid sixties and we won 3-2 but I could be wrong.
It was the mid sixties. It happened a lot when the Edinburgh or Glasgow teams visited.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Been informed that the kit man is now on the methadone programme

Druggie related pun

Alley at the side of my work has a needle exchange building. Makes for some interesting sights at times. 

Shows how things have changed, a full falkirk game live on tv was such an event that about 50 of us went back to the wellie bar that night after the ayr game to watch a video of the game we'd just been at to watch live!!  
VHS or Betamax [emoji16]

Probably the best memories I have in my 30 odd years supporting Falkirk. Quick question would Martin's still have been  open in the town at this stage? 

Martins? The one above the guilded cage? If so it was definitely open then.

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Probably the best memories I have in my 30 odd years supporting Falkirk. Quick question would Martin's still have been  open in the town at this stage? 

Poor old Forbes Johnstone in the middle of the pic. God rest his soul.:(