The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Might hear from him after he gets back from Fir Park this afternoon. 

Then again, we probably won't. 

This has the last days of the Romanovs written all over it. And not the Hearts ones. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Executing Hartley and his family may sound harsh to some, but he has recruited very poorly this summer.

I was thinking more Hartley and the board, but you make a good point. Wouldn't want any of his family taking up coaching in his name. 

With what folk have seen from the squad we have, can another mamager get a tune put of them? I find it hard to believe these guys are collectively of such a low standard that they couldnt put up a better fight at home to Steven Dobbie. Which makes me wonder are we once again looking at dressing room issues and folk downing tools?

If we replace hartley and allow a new manager to bring in players then i'd hate to see our financial state come may.

That's where the owners need to take the hit for making the wrong strategy call. Surely that's what owning a club should be about? Let's face it, they've certainly taken their share of recent transfer fees during better times.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

With what folk have seen from the squad we have, can another mamager get a tune put of them? I find it hard to believe these guys are collectively of such a low standard that they couldnt put up a better fight at home to Steven Dobbie. Which makes me wonder are we once again looking at dressing room issues and folk downing tools?

Appoint John Hughes.  Really galvanised the dressing room at Raith and created a real togetherness.

We have been here before, and yet again, the outcome will be the same........no action whatsoever.

For many a year, I have hated the word “ambitious” in football since Livingston went into administration shedding debts of £12 million, and claiming all they were guilty of was “a bit of ambition”.

Yet in the real and proper application of the word, Falkirk and its board are easily the most unambitious outfit in the country. They tart up the same old guff each season, give it a new coat of emulsion, and sell it to us as the brave new world of FFC.

A club stuck in this league for a decade, a club that hasn’t won its opening game in a dozen years, and a club that is going for some sort of statistical weird record by conceding one goal in its first game, two goals in its second game, and three goals in its third game.

Get your money on RC scoring four next week.

46 minutes ago, drs said:

1976-77 - finished bottom of what is now the Championship, with 6 wins all season, and relegated to the bottom tier - Montrose in the same league had more than double the points that Falkirk got.

1977-78 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing 5th in the bottom league of 14

1978-79 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing behind mediocre clubs like Berwick, Montrose, Arbroath and Clyde in the league structure.

This current mob don't get anywhere close to the full horrors of the past. Yet.

Aye its where this mob could take us that scares me.

Thing is, none of this is actually the player’s fault. They are who they are. They have whatever level of skill they have, and are offered to play for £x a week.

They clearly didn’t have a clue they were nowhere near good enough. They can only honour their contracts to the best of their ability. This lies 100% at the door of the CEO and Paul Hartley (and their comedy gold English “scout”).

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We have been here before, and yet again, the outcome will be the same........no action whatsoever.

For many a year, I have hated the word “ambitious” in football since Livingston went into administration shedding debts of £12 million, and claiming all they were guilty of was “a bit of ambition”.

Yet in the real and proper application of the word, Falkirk and its board are easily the most unambitious outfit in the country. They tart up the same old guff each season, give it a new coat of emulsion, and sell it to us as the brave new world of FFC.

A club stuck in this league for a decade, a club that hasn’t won its opening game in a dozen years, and a club that is going for some sort of statistical weird record by conceding one goal in its first game, two goals in its second game, and three goals in its third game.

Get your money on RC scoring four next week.

Whilst the bod have to take the blame for appointing hartley and backing this ludicrous project we cant really complain about the way the last two seasons have been funded. We're giving the manager enough cash to make us very  competitive we're just giving it to the wrong bloomin manager. A jack ross or robbie neilson would have had us challenging no bother under this bod.

I agree with this. What I couldn't get my head round yesterday was the lack of fight and determination from the players. Maybe McGhee's comments in his interview about the team not being together is down to Hartley

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thing is, none of this is actually the player’s fault. They are who they are. They have whatever level of skill they have, and are offered to play for £x a week.

They clearly didn’t have a clue they were nowhere near good enough. They can only honour their contracts to the best of their ability. This lies 100% at the door of the CEO and Paul Hartley (and their comedy gold English “scout”).

Completely agree. I don't think it's an effort thing. They're just shite. Other than "get better" I'm not sure what a new manager can do there. 

I'd love to hear from this scout or Hartley what exactly they saw watching Petravicious that made them think "aye, he'll do a job"

I agree with this. What I couldn't get my head round yesterday was the lack of fight and determination from the players. Maybe McGhee's comments in his interview about the team not being together is down to Hartley
I havent watched any interviews, but those stats from yesterday, other than away at Parkhead I wouldnt expect to see any Scottish team get dominated like that in theor own league, never mind at home. Theres something outwith the skill levels of the players at play to put in a performance like that, and whether some of them are good enough for our supposed ambition or not, I am not having that they are not at a level to do better than that.

All of that ultimately leads back to questioning Hartleys relationship with the players.

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whilst the bod have to take the blame for appointing hartley and backing this ludicrous project we cant really complain about the way the last two seasons have been funded. We're giving the manager enough cash to make us very  competitive we're just giving it to the wrong bloomin manager. A jack ross or robbie neilson would have had us challenging no bother under this bod.

Are we though? We won't actually know what's been spent until what, next year's AGM? By which point I fully every one of these chancers will ha e bolted. 

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'd love to hear from this scout or Hartley what exactly they saw watching Petravicious that made them think "aye, he'll do a job"

I think the club owes it to the fans to explain exactly how the recruitment process works.

I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime - we've been sold guys who don't look like they are football players, and thats not the exception, it appears to apply to the majority he's brought in.

who is the recruitment guy? What are his credentials? What is the process?

some rumours regarding this on one f, which hopefully ain't true.

was also hearing rumours about the disappearance of the kit man yesterday.

worrying times - the whole environment seems to have become toxic since P H arrived.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I havent watched any interviews, but those stats from yesterday, other than away at Parkhead I wouldnt expect to see any Scottish team get dominated like that in theor own league, never mind at home. Theres something outwith the skill levels of the players at play to put in a performance like that, and whether some of them are good enough for our supposed ambition or not, I am not having that they are not at a level to do better than that.

All of that ultimately leads back to questioning Hartleys relationship with the players.

He doesn't have one. He's apparently famous falling out with players. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bairnardo 

The players we have signed would look bad in the Juniors never mind the championship they are simply no where near good enough. 

The so called scout is probably lying on a beach somewhere laughing his tits off.