The Falkirk FC Thread

I would rather have kept Robson than Dixon, and I'd have been more happy with McGhee as a CB than Durnan.  

Hopefully this absolute gutting of the club works out better than the last one in January.... and the one before which should not be mentioned....

Sad to lose lose McGhee. Sad but resigned to losing Tommy Robbo.

In football terms, Dixon for two years is ok but not inspiring. It could be one first choice in League 1 and one as backup. Thats best case. If we end up down for more than 1 season, he will hose League 1. Still a solid performer at CH or LB.

That said, hes turned out to be a mewling w**k re the board v fans stuff.

9 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Behave. Dixon at CB with Durnan bombing forward at RB.

I Thot that with Durnan rumour, one centre half full back out and one in

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

McGhee and Robson incoming to EEP then.

Nah....they have credibility about them

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

How many clear cut chances did he have though? It's not as if he was Dennon Lewis levels of shit, he would have buried that chance that Lewis ran away from for example. I think he would be good at doing the donkey work for a main striker and could improve with the right coaching.

Can you give me Jarvis highlights of his time at Falkirk.

I went to games knowing he wouldn't score, take an eternity to release the ball. I'd bet Todarov would've scored if he had the same game time, that's not a plus point

Seems I am in the minority. Im fairly happy with this

My guess is McGhee turned down a deal as he didnt fancy League one...fair enough.

It was basically a choice between Dixon vs Robson,

Both decent going forward, Robson probably better,  but Dixon is ten times better in defence.

Dixon will stroll League one

@bairnardo you don't run the bairns.com site do you?

Run them? Should be fucking run out of town wi patter like that

Eta didnt see the context till I opened it...

One last time for the road.

I fucking love Tommy Robson and Tommy Robson fucking loves us.

No its not a tear.

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Seems I am in the minority. Im fairly happy with this

My guess is McGhee turned down a deal as he didnt fancy League one...fair enough.

It was basically a choice between Dixon vs Robson,

Both decent going forward, Robson probably better,  but Dixon is ten times better in defence.

Dixon will stroll League one

Dixon strolled centre half until the edge came in, hopefully he is signed for that role. He isn't Robson going forward but felt he covered our centre halves in his role at left back, at this level he will look like Pele.

2yr contract centre half I'm ok with, left back I'm wary

Excellent news- Dixon is at least a championship quality player and will be excellent for us in league 1. 

Disappointed to lose McGhee as I think he’d have stood out in a better team but quite happy to see Robson go- nowhere near good enough in defence which is no good for a left back.

Guest Ecosse83

If Telfer and Durnan sign then we are building a solid team for League 1. Quite frankly looking at other teams in the league we should really be pissing this league next season and I'm a right pessimistic c**t :lol:

Excellent news- Dixon is at least a championship quality player and will be excellent for us in league 1. 

Disappointed to lose McGhee as I think he’d have stood out in a better team but quite happy to see Robson go- nowhere near good enough in defence which is no good for a left back.

f**k off edi