The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The management and coaching teams job is to get a system that is effective in the league we are in and maximises the potential of the players.

If we are not clicking after 6 or so games then McKinnon could be out by Xmas.

McKinnon is nobodies fool so he knows the next couple of months are make or break for him. 

Our manager has failed to get a system that has worked for more than half a season in his previous jobs

What is McKinnons greatest achievement in management ?

No points for getting Falkirk relegated for the non Falkirk fans accepted.

His interview on Saturday was the most clueless thing I've seen since Eddie May, he knows he is under pressure to deliver like he was at Utd and failed

48 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think he meant a good squad for our current level which, with the correct mentality and playing style from the manager, it most certainly is.

There lies the problem

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think theres probably a core of 7 or 8 in the squad that could be in a playoff/title challenge.

Need better in the defence though, probably in all 5 positions

That's laughable. Tidser is the only one with that pedigree.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's laughable. Tidser is the only one with that pedigree.

I think McManus certainly can be involved at the top end. Sammon probably too. 

Tidser, McShane (not on current levels but has been there) Durnan, Bucky, Doyle are squad/backup level maybe. Wouldnt want them as first picks. 

Telfer has the ability but lets see if we can get a season out him. 

Sorry mucker but Its a long way from laughable to say there are players there who could be involved in a higher end Championshop squad. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think McManus certainly can be involved at the top end. Sammon probably too. 

Tidser, McShane (not on current levels but has been there) Durnan, Bucky, Doyle are squad/backup level maybe. Wouldnt want them as first picks. 

Telfer has the ability but lets see if we can get a season out him. 

Sorry mucker but Its a long way from laughable to say there are players there who could be involved in a higher end Championshop squad. 

And the only one who was at that level last season was McManus (I'll admit I forgot him). The rest of the players you listed are with us because it was a two year deal at Falkirk or a one year deal at muck like Morton or Queens.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Tell me this is a joke? On paper it is nothing more than an average Championship squad. Oh how our support has been indoctrinated to accept the average.

What are you expecting? 

Average Championship is easily good enough to comfortably win this league, and itself would represent a significant improvement. 

4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

So only one more signing in the shape of a left midfielder according to McKinnon. Where is this cover for Paul Dixon? The defence looking very thin IMO.

Yep, we should have been looking for  right & left wing backs that could ideally play as proper full backs too. We'd then have Doyle and Dixon available to cover Durnan, Toshney & Buchanan in the middle. Easier said than done of course to get the quality he would want v those available.

IMO we should be playing a 3-5-2 in this league anyway, especially at home. We need width. Very, very good chance that we'd have scored on Saturday if it was wee Tommy delivering those crosses rather than Dixon.

I think he meant a good squad for our current level which, with the correct mentality and playing style from the manager, it most certainly is.

He should have said that then

29 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

So only one more signing in the shape of a left midfielder according to McKinnon. Where is this cover for Paul Dixon? The defence looking very thin IMO.

He said a couple of weeks ago that there would be no more signings, now we're on the verge of 2 (including longridge). Can we really trust what he says?

20 minutes ago, champions said:

He said a couple of weeks ago that there would be no more signings, now we're on the verge of 2 (including longridge). Can we really trust what he says?

Do you have a link to him saying this, either in a TV interview on a newpaper report?

I certainly haven't seen anything like that.

Do you have a link to him saying this, either in a TV interview on a newpaper report?
I think he says he'll be happy with the squad if he gets the left winger. Definitely doesn't say that's it though

Yep, we should have been looking for  right & left wing backs that could ideally play as proper full backs too. We'd then have Doyle and Dixon available to cover Durnan, Toshney & Buchanan in the middle. Easier said than done of course to get the quality he would want v those available.
IMO we should be playing a 3-5-2 in this league anyway, especially at home. We need width. Very, very good chance that we'd have scored on Saturday if it was wee Tommy delivering those crosses rather than Dixon.
Are wing backs that easy to find? Most teams play 4 at the back in Scotland so I'd suspect finding wing backs won't be easy

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It was a post match interview, perhaps against berwick. Lewis asked him about new signings/cover and he said "no".

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a brilliant night that was !!

Ooh Richie Cadette ! Ooh Richie Cadette !!

43F4D082-F567-47BB-869A-C8342BD19E35.jpeg

I second that...……...up with the semi final win at Ibrox v Celtic some three years later as one of my most memorable nights supporting the Bairns...………...oh for today to possess a fraction of that tactical know how, self belief and willingness to attack, plus of course the left foot of Stevie Fulton and the finishing prowess of wee RItchie………..