The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Where did the money come from?

Fan owned are they not so no big benefactors there. Still feel part timers are finding it easier to compete due to covid as full time football wages will be falling so if you can get a job outside football a part time contract is a win/win.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

So hypothetically speaking , but very possible, there's a severe 2nd wave in the Winter. The ScotGov shut down all contact sport  for 4 months again , the furlough scheme is gone and players have their contracts suspended.  Going by this scenario we do not pay them and expect them to stick around?

Or under HSW's theory punt them all the door and start again in 4 months. 

Or hopefully the Russian vaccine works and we can all wash it down with some chili infused vodka and get back to normal. 

Was not being brutal or cynical with my post, that was never my intension after all these are peoples lives and jobs we are talking about. What I was pointing out the harsh reality of the oncoming situation regarding jobs all over the economy and importantly employers harsh choices to be bade just to survive.  Football clubs are not isolated from that reality. Like many others on the forum I have lost a job during my working life with the worry and stress in getting another one. So have been there and its not nice. Hope this post clarifies my personal feelings regarding peoples jobs, it was never my intent to offend.

Fan owned are they not so no big benefactors there. Still feel part timers are finding it easier to compete due to covid as full time football wages will be falling so if you can get a job outside football a part time contract is a win/win.

It doesn’t seem very long ago that they were worried about going under.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was not being brutal or cynical with my post, that was never my intension after all these are peoples lives and jobs we are talking about. What I was pointing out the harsh reality of the oncoming situation regarding jobs all over the economy and importantly employers harsh choices to be bade just to survive.  Football clubs are not isolated from that reality. Like many others on the forum I have lost a job during my working life with the worry and stress in getting another one. So have been there and its not nice. Hope this post clarifies my personal feelings regarding peoples jobs, it was never my intent to offend.

I understand that but my point is if football is no different to any other employment why did Real Madrid not just sack off Bale , Arsenal with Ozil and Man Utd with Sanchez  - off they go with 2 weeks redundancy due to COVID ?

And by the way  have you ever turned up for a job interview with your agent?  

42 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I understand that but my point is if football is no different to any other employment why did Real Madrid not just sack off Bale , Arsenal with Ozil and Man Utd with Sanchez  - off they go with 2 weeks redundancy due to COVID ?

And by the way  have you ever turned up for a job interview with your agent?  

No ! to answer your question, my agents were out on missions, can't say more Official Secret Act and all that LOL.

But you make a good point it comes down to the fine print in contracts as Shadwell helpfully highlighted. The examples you gave had the clout to get things tied up so tight the clubs had no wriggle room. Meanwhile I suspect Scottish clubs cut and pasted Shadwells example. 

Lets hope it does not come to that. If it does some clubs won't survive. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A big IF getting a job outside football in these times. We normally see many players without clubs around this time and past the normal deadline, it's now October and I can see plenty without work and a club past then and go out the game.

It's a dog eat dog world now in these times with clubs surely planning for no fans in their grounds this year.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets hope it does not come to that. If it does some clubs won't survive. 

I'll be surprised if not one club goes to financial ruin with the possibility of no fans in their grounds and all the financial gains that goes with a match day. 

Dundee MK3 or is it 4 who never learn, I'm sure their wage bill will be crippling, QoS also were struggling financially would be the clubs that would be ones I'd see in danger first. 

The part time clubs tend to be run year to year with no problems of living within their means and hoping for a pay day in the cup which can set them up financially for next season, see Stranraer.

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

Any reason why Miller was at Ibrox today? He was interviewed by Sky Sports outside the stadium.

He was asked about the Aberdeen/Celtic Covid debacle then about the premier games played last night. What was he asked about us? f**k all!

Why he was at Ibrox at the time is anybody's guess though.