The Falkirk FC Thread

We are in the middle of a pandemic and with no fans getting into games then i dare say they are watching the funds so instead of looking to add to the squad providing they can get them motivated with a kick up the arse what we have should be enough to limp across the finish line though we need Keena back sharpish. McCrcken said about 2 weeks away for Keena (last week) so by that hopefully looking at a place on the bench by next weekends game as no chance he will be match fit so prob last 20 minutes cameo appearance.

If we can get wall of westfield on both north and south stand and take a leaf out of FC magdeburg book:

image.png.2549ce60c1171214464ef92f12e5d2ca.png

Edited by AL-FFC

If we had signed Lee Miller as a player, and McCracken as manager, he would be third choice behind Keena and Sammon, potentially 2nd place. Madness to limit ourselves especially when Keena is out.

Lee Miller is done

We are in the middle of a pandemic and with no fans getting into games then i dare say they are watching the funds so instead of looking to add to the squad providing they can get them motivated with a kick up the arse what we have should be enough to limp across the finish line though we need Keena back sharpish. McCrcken said about 2 weeks away for Keena (last week) so by that hopefully looking at a place on the bench by next weekends game as no chance he will be match fit so prob last 20 minutes cameo appearance.
If we can get wall of westfield on both north and south stand and take a leaf out of FC magdeburg book:
image.png.2549ce60c1171214464ef92f12e5d2ca.png

Even if Keena wasn’t fit to do 20 minutes why not shove him on the bench to keep McCall guessing and give the place a lift?

I’d take an educated guess that some funding will be available if not only to cover for Keena, but to add a forward ( if we can identify someone better than what we have)

There is 340k coming in from Rawlins on the 15th of January. I just hope he is controlling how it is invested

There is 340k coming in from Rawlins on the 15th of January. I just hope he is controlling how it is invested
I agree to a point, if you mean in terms of what player(s) it goes on. I hope he does scrutinise a wee bit, but we are then back to the board interfering with the football side of it. Same arguments we had over whether Hartlet should have been allowed to sign X or Y shitebag.

In terms of investment, there can surely be no sounder one for the wellbeing of the club than ensuring we get out of this fucking purgatory of a league.

Interestingingly enough my dad and I said the same after his substitutes performance vs Airdrie.
He doesn’t have anything to offer now so maybe time for him to stick to coaching ??

To be fair, he’s not had much, if any game time to get match fitness.

I agree he looked poor when he came on last week. Perhaps it says more for Dowds and Francis that I’d rather try Miller and get his fitness up than try those two.

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

To be fair, he’s not had much, if any game time to get match fitness.

I agree he looked poor when he came on last week. Perhaps it says more for Dowds and Francis that I’d rather try Miller and get his fitness up than try those two.

Yes I’m not going to skate the guy mate as he’s been a brilliant servant for Falkirk.

You are right about Dowds and Francis - they’ve been crap so far.

Is there any danger of this not passing through at the EGM? Do we small shareholders need to get the pen out again to support passing this motion before the meeting?

It’s without doubt Rawlins investment will come with his own safeguards and strategies for change. Gary Deans has already stated that they want someone in that can be an Alex Smith type figure ( which I believe Gow had the chance to build on)   No doubt we will here very soon what that entails. Rawlins will expect promotion, as earlier stated I would imagine that failure will be treated with changes. 

Never for one minute trusted Gow.
He couldn’t lace Alex Smiths boots....

Hypothetically, if worst case scenario happens and we are left in this division again for a third season who could we actually attract to replace M & M. There is no one that jumps out at me straight away (apart from maybe the Montrose manager who seems to always work a minor miracle each year) but then again I’m maybe not thinking hard enough. 

Is there any danger of this not passing through at the EGM? Do we small shareholders need to get the pen out again to support passing this motion before the meeting?

No danger of it failing as they are paying greedy bast@@ds out, two of whom voted against the constitution changes at the AGM

It’s without doubt Rawlins investment will come with his own safeguards and strategies for change. Gary Deans has already stated that they want someone in that can be an Alex Smith type figure ( which I believe Gow had the chance to build on)   No doubt we will here very soon what that entails. Rawlins will expect promotion, as earlier stated I would imagine that failure will be treated with changes. 

It shows how little faith we have in the managers and how little football knowledge we have in the Boardroom that we are contemplating paying someone a fee when we are in division 3

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Understand it needs 50% to pass at the EGM rather than the 75% which was needed to pass motion at the AGM in October. 

Really hope (and think) Rawlins is about to bring an end to the three years of Groundhog Day. As BPM says, it’s just a pity two of the main clowns responsible for this mess will be tiptoeing out the door with their cash hoping no-one notices.

If either of them pop up in the boardroom as jolly old pals, then it’s clear that there’s still something rotten hanging about the place. Mind you, it’s that sort of thing that Rawlins would stop.