The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just had a quick scan back as far as the start of November. Can't see a single mention of the viewing figures in any match update, 5050's or reviews. I never read all the comments so it might have been in there. 

Are you meaning STs sold, rather than individual match streams bought? 

I presumed the figures would have included season tickets sold as well as the PPV in the same way match attendances were calculated as a combined ST sales and PATG.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I presumed the figures would have included season tickets sold as well as the PPV in the same way match attendances were calculated as a combined ST sales and PATG.

Why would anyone be so desperate as to trawl through our Facebook page desperate to prove someone wrong anyway.😂😂

Is that our ex bombscare Dallison on the telly for Crawley v Leeds? Commentator said “great header by Dallison”, but it wasn’t him. He was stood like a shop window dummy, and it was someone else who had the header.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Is that our ex bombscare Dallison on the telly for Crawley v Leeds? Commentator said “great header by Dallison”, but it wasn’t him. He was stood like a shop window dummy, and it was someone else who had the header.

If he's in a defence that can keep Leeds out he must've improved somewhat.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee aren't desperate, we just got handed half mil for zilch m8. 

Again, where are you getting 4004 subs from? 

Obviously half a million not enough to finance Dundee if you are selling seats for a cup game.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why the feck are Dundee fans interested in our feckin ppv chats i'll never know. You'd think the chat would all be about that riddy of a performance last night.

Why would Dundee fans come on the Falkirk topic to talk about the win against Bonnyrigg? 

Strange. 

19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Okay. A certain amount of those will be freebie ST's, a load of them will be multiple ST's in one household. Unless you're expe ting families to all buy a PPV each (so three/four in some households) then you can't really use those figures. 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why would anyone be so desperate as to trawl through our Facebook page desperate to prove someone wrong anyway.😂😂

Falkirk would have been the only club I'd ever heard of that were telling folk how many subscriptions had been sold per game. 

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Obviously half a million not enough to finance Dundee if you are selling seats for a cup game.

Dundee aren't selling seats for the game, I really can't explain it any simpler than I already have. If you're wanting to read what happened and then continue to make up bullshit, please do carry on. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why would Dundee fans come on the Falkirk topic to talk about the win against Bonnyrigg? 

Strange. 

Okay. A certain amount of those will be freebie ST's, a load of them will be multiple ST's in one household. Unless you're expe ting families to all buy a PPV each (so three/four in some households) then you can't really use those figures. 

Falkirk would have been the only club I'd ever heard of that were telling folk how many subscriptions had been sold per game. 

Dundee aren't selling seats for the game, I really can't explain it any simpler than I already have. If you're wanting to read what happened and then continue to make up bullshit, please do carry on. 

Sorry I will explain it better why come on our thread to join in  our ppv chat when surely the Dundee thread must be full of chat on your Riddy of a performance last night?Why are you at all bothered enough about how many ppv subs Falkirk have sold to trawl through our Facebook page to try and find any info?I know lockdown is bad but you must be really struggling for things to do if that's fueling your enjoyment in life  Just when we'd finally got rid of the Hibs fans obsession with this thread  Dundee fans have now replaced them for some utterly unknown reason.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Sorry I will explain it better why come on our thread to join in  our ppv chat when surely the Dundee thread must be full of chat on your Riddy of a performance last night.  Why are you at all bothered enough about how many ppv subs Falkirk have sold to trawl through our Facebook page to try and find any info. I know lockdown is bad but you must be really struggling for things to do.

I come on here to read about Tommy Wright, the conversation had moved on to talk of you selling 6,000 ppv's against Ross County and losing money due to getting Celtic. I offered an idea that multiple clubs have used to add extra income to games they'll lose money to over not being PPV and apparently your club aren't actually interested in losing money after all, you just want to moan. 

I've already explained in my last reply to yourself why I 'trawled' your clubs Facebook. If my lockdown is bad due to doing this, I can only imagine how bad yours must be to quote me, multiple times, complaining. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I come on here to read about Tommy Wright, the conversation had moved on to talk of you selling 6,000 ppv's against Ross County and losing money due to getting Celtic. I offered an idea that multiple clubs have used to add extra income to games they'll lose money to over not being PPV and apparently your club aren't actually interested in losing money after all, you just want to moan. 

I've already explained in my last reply to yourself why I 'trawled' your clubs Facebook. If my lockdown is bad due to doing this, I can only imagine how bad yours must be to quote me, multiple times, complaining. 

Why 6000? Ourselves and RC would only need to sell circa 4000 in total  to make more than 26k each.  And we're not actually losing money. We just aren't gaining as much as we would otherwise.  It's the SFA that should be ensuring that clubs aren't gaining less cash just because the game is televised . As for Tommy Wright if I was Dundee I'd be putting feelers out to see if he would take that job no brainer surely?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

6000 at 15 quid a pop is 90k. That's 45k each. 4000 at 15 quid a pop is 60k which is all you need to get more than 26k each. No need to sell as many as 6000. No reason we couldn't earn more against Ross county.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd argue 4,000 is still optimistic but I take your point. It's also considerably more likely than the original post by MrDust. 

I think the main point is that like the vast majority of things the SFA/spfl has failed to think the whole thing through. Perhaps it would've been better for one season pooling all TV money and ppv money and splitting it equally amongst the sides in each round.

The fact he was even mentioned by fans of a League One club at all is enough reason to point and laugh, tbh.

The thing that no one outside Falkirk probably know is we are about to receive a large investment from an ex-Stoke and Orlando City Director who has already stated he will be investing more than his initial 400k.

So Falkirk are, you are correct, a poor league 1 side at the moment, but with a new long term investor who has, I believe a new long term plan for the club. That may or may not be of interest to someone like Wright but if you don’t ask you will never know.

That investment will be signed off this Thursday at a club EGM.

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The thing that no one outside Falkirk probably know is we are about to receive a large investment from an ex-Stoke and Orlando City Director who has already stated he will be investing more than his initial 400k.

So Falkirk are, you are correct, a poor league 1 side at the moment, but with a new long term investor who has, I believe a new long term plan for the club. That may or may not be of interest to someone like Wright but if you don’t ask you will never know.

That investment will be signed off this Thursday at a club EGM.

Regarding the EGM I presume the club have sufficient shareholder numbers and vote isn’t in question to ratify it? .....As in the minor shareholders won’t  be required to vote in numbers again this time for it to be passed? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Regarding the EGM I presume the club have sufficient shareholder numbers and vote isn’t in question to ratify it? .....As in the minor shareholders won’t  be required to vote in numbers again this time for it to be passed? 

Yes I believe so.

The likes of Lex Miller and Healey who voted against the last time are selling so they will support this time.