The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What does a “virtual ticket” entail? If it’s a live televised game the clubs can’t sell PPV due to the tv contracts. 

The virtual equivalent of rattling the begging bowl.

It's either that or a sponsored walk.

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If a Ross county or Motherwell brought in less than 26k, it certainly wouldn’t be by much. 

I don't doubt that. My part I took umbrage with was the claim Ross County would bring 6,000 PPV subs. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where are you getting 6000 PPV in a Falkirk v Ross County game from? 

If you're that worried about losing income, why don't you do as Dundee done and sell virtual tickets for a televised game?

Not worried at all, it's just been compared to the normal income, we are not as desperate as Dundee again.

4004 ppv to reach £52k, I'd guess we would top that for Ross County

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Not worried at all, it's just been compared to the normal income, we are not as desperate as Dundee again.

4004 ppv to reach £52k, I'd guess we would top that for Ross County

Dundee aren't desperate, we just got handed half mil for zilch m8. 

Again, where are you getting 4004 subs from? 

18 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

why have both Dundee Utd and Motherwell (and Ross County) all passed up the chance to appoint him?

Just for the sake of trying to keep this hilarious belief TW wouldn't laugh Falkirk approaching him off before they'd even finished the phonecall....

He couldn't take the United job due to an agreement signed when he was released from his contract with us. He had no interest in the County job. He was rejected for the Motherwell job, and that's the only club knockback he's had since leaving us.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Chance to catch up with the fortunes of Tom Dallison on BBC 1 coming up.

He's doing all right!

Apart from one horrendous attempt at an offside trap.

Edit: Luke Leahy was excellent on the box for Bristol Rovers yesterday too.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Just for the sake of trying to keep this hilarious belief TW wouldn't laugh Falkirk approaching him off before they'd even finished the phonecall....
He couldn't take the United job due to an agreement signed when he was released from his contract with us. He had no interest in the County job. He was rejected for the Motherwell job, and that's the only club knockback he's had since leaving us.
Tommy Wright would listen to the numbers on offer same as everyone else. Hes no Jurgen Klopp ffs.

Is it ever likely to be enough? Na. Sincerely doubt we would throw enough money at it to turn his head.

If you can find a Falkirk fan on here saying it's likely or anything similar by all means quote it. I havent read anything in terms of unrealistic expectations on this thread. Everyone is well aware that its wishful thinking. Another odd attempt from yourself at a point and laugh when there actually isnt very much to see.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He even tried this weirdo "everyone go onto the Falkirk thread, they seriously reckon they can appoint TW" chat on the SJ thread and got completely ignored.

In fairness they might be along soon for all we know, there's only four of them.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee aren't desperate, we just got handed half mil for zilch m8. 

Again, where are you getting 4004 subs from? 

Most home games the club have had between 3 and 4K fans paying for the online stream already this season so I don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect a higher subscription rate in a cup game against premiership opposition. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tommy Wright would listen to the numbers on offer same as everyone else. Hes no Jurgen Klopp ffs.

Is it ever likely to be enough? Na. Sincerely doubt we would throw enough money at it to turn his head.

If you can find a Falkirk fan on here saying it's likely or anything similar by all means quote it. I havent read anything in terms of unrealistic expectations on this thread. Everyone is well aware that its wishful thinking. Another odd attempt from yourself at a point and laugh when there actually isnt very much to see.

The fact he was even mentioned by fans of a League One club at all is enough reason to point and laugh, tbh.

The fact he was even mentioned by fans of a League One club at all is enough reason to point and laugh, tbh.
Aye when you put it like that

Fucking idiots with their fanciful musing on an online discussion board...... What were they thinking. Ashamed to be a Bairn today [emoji53]

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Club announced the viewing figures on they’re Facebook page 

I've just had a quick scan back as far as the start of November. Can't see a single mention of the viewing figures in any match update, 5050's or reviews. I never read all the comments so it might have been in there. 

Are you meaning STs sold, rather than individual match streams bought? 

Dundee charging fans money for a game they can watch on the TV anyway.  Honestly are times not hard enough without taking the piss like that.  Ross County charge 15 quid for their ppv.  Your going to get a decent amount of fans buying from Ross county their average home support is decent..  No reason why you couldn't sell 4k ppv tickets which comes to 60k half each is 30k which the last time I looked was more than 26k.

Why the feck are Dundee fans interested in our feckin ppv chats i'll never know. You'd think the chat would all be about that riddy of a performance last night.

Edited by Shadwell Dog