The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

I presume the PPV money is split 50/50  in the same way the gate receipts normally are for cup football? If we can beat Arbroath at least it’s a decent pay day for us, although I’d rather we had a more winnable tie. 

There won't be PPV. It'll be on Premier Sports.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Is that confirmed? Surely we get an additional payment for the game being broadcast on TV then?......does anybody know the figures? 

No it's not conformed - the draw wa only 10 minutes ago! But it's an absolute certainty.

If there are 4 tv ties, DFC v SJ and probably RC v ICT the other two? Unless they do a Huntly v Aberdeen type choice, which would be interesting.

I’m guessing we’d be better off not being chosen for TV in that case and getting our split of the gate/PPV money instead? 

Similar situation to the League Cup. We lose out yet again.
Any other season drawing both of the ugly sisters is great financial news.
When you don’t want it, typical of Falkirk, we draw them both.....

27 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m guessing we’d be better off not being chosen for TV in that case and getting our split of the gate/PPV money instead? 

Pretty sure Celtic don’t offer PPV, unless that’s only in the league. 

Edited by matthew1876

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Celtic in the cup is the type of draw that would have excited us a few years ago as we have had teams over the years that would have gave us hope.

Shows how far we have fallen when we are already seeing the tie, if we get through, as a chance to make £26k.

How we have fallen.

I'm sure Eddie May will turn it round. Keep the faith

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Falkirk don't need money.

No we don't and we may well get pumped by Arbroath  but that doesn't mean to say we're not a bit pissed off that we've had two shit draws in the cups now if we do. When you can make more cash drawing the likes of Motherwell in the cup rather than the old firm then there's something far wrong.