The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur

When does the rot stop and it become enjoyable to be a Falkirk fan again? Deflated at the thought of inevitably spending another year in league 1.

10 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

When does the rot stop and it become enjoyable to be a Falkirk fan again? Deflated at the thought of inevitably spending another year in league 1.

When Ritchie and Superfan are gone, sadly I fear we are in for more hurt before things get any better.

24 minutes ago, banditjag said:

That's all fine and dandy to have all these league tables but they mean fyck all, it's the current standings with 17 games played that matters.

Bollocks it’s current form that matters and these tables don’t lie - we are not going up! Any fan who’s watched the recent games will tell you we are a very poor side led by a committee of accountants and managed by three coaches with little tactical awareness and even less guts . There is something badly wrong at the club and mr Rawlings plan to profit from agency fees won’t work if we are not in the premier league - So over to the committee twist or stick your call ! 

I was chatting to a mate of mine who teaches at a school in Falkirk and he was saying that when he first started working there four years ago there were quite a few kids that supported Falkirk and they were happy to chat to him about it as he made it known that he was a Falkirk fan as well.

This year he's saying that the majority of these kids have stopped following the progress of the team which is worrying. 

For all the talk on here (which I agree with completely), does anyone think they'll actually act and bin them? Or we just expecting them to be in the dugout on Tuesday?

They will be in the dugout Tuesday

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

For all the talk on here (which I agree with completely), does anyone think they'll actually act and bin them? Or we just expecting them to be in the dugout on Tuesday?

Sadly they won't act and we will be lumbered until the end of the season. They will be gone for next season when a new manager will be appointed to try and get us out of league 1. Then we will get a flurry of shite from the club as they try to get our ST money.

Sadly they won't act and we will be lumbered until the end of the season. They will be gone for next season when a new manager will be appointed to try and get us out of league 1. Then we will get a flurry of shite from the club as they try to get our ST money.

Ultimately that is what they have - our ST money. Our only power is not giving them that

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ultimately that is what they have - our ST money. Our only power is not giving them that

I dont think i'll even be back through the gate if these 2 are presiding over another plucky tilt at promotion from League 1 next season. This slow, but steady demolition of the club, which is really obvious if you look over a ten year period but is actually becoming quite acute in the short term, week to week view is just too demoralising to spend good money on. The world has changed in the last year. I won't be handing over money to folk who are blatantly rippiing the piss out me

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I honestly believe we're witnessing the death throes of a football club. We're fucked.

A slight overreaction there. Took us 3 goes to get out of League 1 last time, including finishing 7th the second time. Went on to smash the league the season after.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

A slight overreaction there. Took us 3 goes to get out of League 1 last time, including finishing 7th the second time. Went on to smash the league the season after.

You were financially fucked though. We don't have that excuse .

Gary Deans will have to sell that song from Annie all over again. Stay with us folks, there’s bumps along the road, but the sun will come out next season, and there will be lots and lots of jam for everyone.

30 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

They'll get the rest of the season. 

They'll get at least the end of this season and probably too long into next season as well. Can only think that McCracken has conned the board into selling his Herbalife and they're shit feared of upsetting their upline