The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

... and Season Ticket and strip advertising is for last year too.

It's not Crunchy Carrots fault as designers - that's on the club to provide the updated content as it's built on a CMS which should make it manageable.

The argument the employees doing it are part-time/volunteer doesn't wash as there's all manner of tools they obviously have to hand to run this with minimal resourcing.

Hate knocking this stuff but I just want the club to maximise every avenue they can.

A few teething issues and with Swinnie on holiday it gives the impression that we’re miles short on staffing 

Weren't us and Dundee Utd heavy favourites to win the championship a few years ago? We had a terrible first half of the season, imporved to finish 8th after a massive January clearout and beat Dundee United 6-1 as they struggled as well - St Mirren and Livingston ended up going up IIRC? I'm not saying the bookies are stupid but those odds won't be based on much, as Marshmallow says Skybet have us joint favourites with Dunfermline. Given how much we've struggled over the last two years and considering the nick of the Pars squad at the moment that is also a bold assumption that either of us will do well. I'm just hoping we can sell as many season tickets as possible so that our starting 11 for the first game of the season contains as few of last season's jobbers as possible 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Weren't us and Dundee Utd heavy favourites to win the championship a few years ago? We had a terrible first half of the season, imporved to finish 8th after a massive January clearout and beat Dundee United 6-1 as they struggled as well - St Mirren and Livingston ended up going up IIRC? I'm not saying the bookies are stupid but those odds won't be based on much, as Marshmallow says Skybet have us joint favourites with Dunfermline. Given how much we've struggled over the last two years and considering the nick of the Pars squad at the moment that is also a bold assumption that either of us will do well. I'm just hoping we can sell as many season tickets as possible so that our starting 11 for the first game of the season contains as few of last season's jobbers as possible 

Falkirk and Dunfermline will be at least as much priced to protect the bookies from a deluge of bets on the "big teams" of the league, as they are on how likely either are to win the league though.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

SkyBet have us joint favourites with Dunfermline fwiw. 

Still work to be done but getting promoted out of the league this season shouldn't require a "miracle". We are short going forward and lacking creativity as it stands but we should be relatively solid at the back and into midfield.

Williamson is a massive concern for me too if I'm honest I have no faith in him at all. Worryingly slow and you couldn't fit a fag paper under him when he jumps. We should be looking at other right backs as a priority imo.

I thought Williamson was shocking last Friday. Looked nothing like a professional athlete, lacking in every dept.  Total liability. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Williamson is a massive concern for me too if I'm honest I have no faith in him at all. Worryingly slow and you couldn't fit a fag paper under him when he jumps. We should be looking at other right backs as a priority imo.

Is this about Ryan Williamson? If so, has he lost his pace? When he was with us, he had pace, but no footballing ability. If he’s lost that pace (probably not a huge surprise given his injury history), then I can’t see him resembling a footballer at all and you will definitely need a better option at RB.

Think the league could be close this year. So far, not seeing much to split most of the squads. Probably comes down to who has the best manager/who gets the best loanees. You’ll certainly be up there challenging with McGlynn. But, similar to us, there will be concerns about the mentality/attitude of some of the players the new manager has inherited.

21 hours ago, unused sub said:

Thank you guys, I'm a dinosaur I ain't got twitter. 

Just sign up for twitter, you don't have to tweet or follow anyone. I don't even use twitter app. Instead of going to Falkirk Fc main page just go to their twitter page for latest info.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Our starting lineup isn't a million miles away, we probably just need more depth. 

Visually on paper we seem to have a far stronger set of strikers on the books which will hopefully help. 

Is this about Ryan Williamson? If so, has he lost his pace? When he was with us, he had pace, but no footballing ability. If he’s lost that pace (probably not a huge surprise given his injury history), then I can’t see him resembling a footballer at all and you will definitely need a better option at RB.
Think the league could be close this year. So far, not seeing much to split most of the squads. Probably comes down to who has the best manager/who gets the best loanees. You’ll certainly be up there challenging with McGlynn. But, similar to us, there will be concerns about the mentality/attitude of some of the players the new manager has inherited.

I don’t think he’s quite lost that much pace but he’s got absolutely zero stamina. Does well to get forward in support then takes fucking ages to get back. Also when he does eventually get he’s a fucking rotten defender.

56 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Aye he's ok going forward when he gets his gallop on and has a decent delivery but defensively he's woeful. 

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Do we have card machines at the PATG turnstiles? Stupid question I know but I've just never been through PATG for long enough.

It's not stupid at all. 

Info like this that removes a barrier to entry - pardon the pun - is helpful and frees up a club employee to do something else instead of answering a phone all day. 

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's not stupid at all. 

Info like this that removes a barrier to entry - pardon the pun - is helpful and frees up a club employee to do something else instead of answering a phone all day. 

Go just give it a rest please, even for a day or two.

Edited by BooBairn

I thought Williamson was incredibly disappointing last year, it really looks like injuries have done him in and he never really delivered on the "good going forward" part of the deal to accept his defensive shortcomings. He'd be in the trebuchet for me.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye he's ok going forward when he gets his gallop on and has a decent delivery but defensively he's woeful. 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I don’t think he’s quite lost that much pace but he’s got absolutely zero stamina. Does well to get forward in support then takes fucking ages to get back. Also when he does eventually get he’s a fucking rotten defender.

It's a shame, he was a very, very, very exciting player to watch when he first came into the scene, had a couple of howling injuries but even after that he got himself into the championship toty and Scotland U21 squad, I thought the move to Falkirk would be a good one for him and really help him his confidence. 

I think he really struggled with confidence towards the end of his time with us, it's a shame he hasn't found it since. 

2 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

I wonder if we’ll see Jaime Wilson and Seb Ross tonight, noticed that they didn’t feature on Friday, yet McGlynn didn’t mention them being injured. On their way out the door, perhaps?

Wilson was warming up with the other subs and someone's already said Seb Ross was sitting in the mainstand injured on Friday.

44 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Go just give it a rest please, even for a day or two.

I'd rather spend my time discussing stuff that could be easily rectified and improve some supporters experience than worry about Jaime Wilson getting game time against Stranraer or analyse if Williamson will ever make a player.

That's been done to death on here too but I won't complain if others want to discuss it. 

Handily on P&B I can be ignored 👍

I don't think we will be anywhere near the title not with this squad. Unless we somehow shift some of last season's dross which is looking less likely by the day and McGlynn makes every signing still to come in a good one. We have nothing up front a the majority of last seasons shitebag midfield. 

Someone on here a while back (if it was you, please step up and take credit) said Williamson runs like a wean chasing a balloon and it's probably one of the best and most accurate descriptions of a player I've ever seen.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Being realistic I think we’ll be very fortunate to get 4th place unless there is a significant injection of quality which is unlikely to happen going by Mcglynn’s comments.

We’ve improved on paper at centre half but are still 1 injury away from McKay starting there, Williamson won’t do at right back. Mcginn is the only decent midfielder we have- I wouldn’t want to rely on Nesbitt at all to be our number 10 for the season. 

There’s still absolutely no creativity in the side and nothing upfront.

Being honest I thought we’d be further forward with recruitment at this stage.