The Falkirk FC Thread

On 28/09/2022 at 10:21, Bainsfordbairn said:

They had an away game against a premier league side. I'm slightly wary of going into details in case the manager wants them kept quiet, but it was basically what he said in his FFCTV interview. The team was made up of players who're not getting game time right now with a number of the Under 18s featuring. 

McGlynn seems quite open in his interviews; I'm guessing he'll go into details in either his weekly press interview or the next one with FFCTV.  

It was against St. Johnstone and is reported in the Courier:

St Johnstone star David Wotherspoon suffers injury scare (thecourier.co.uk)

Would appear we conceded 4 from the report but doesn't mention much about the actual match.

3 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Nicely worded update from the club having a pop at 90% of the fans for the financial woes. Not every fan is as flash as the guys in charge. Some simply don't have the money especially during these times.

Can you post a link to this "having a go" update?

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Can you post a link to this "having a go" update?

Guessing they are referring to this part of the email.

Last year 25 fans invested at least £10,000 each as part of the Patrons’ Group, and they may invest more. A further 500 fans also joined the Falkirk Supporters’ Society at a monthly average of £12 each. They may consider increasing their subscription.

However, we have a latent fan base of at least 5000 supporters and it’s simply not fair if 90% of fans stand back and watch 10% of fans step up. If everyone chips in at a level they can afford, we can easily achieve these goals. But we all need to put our shoulder to the wheel. We’re therefore asking all supporters to sign up for Falkirk Supporter’s Society before the end of October.

I pay £10 a month to the FSS and I probably could afford to pay more but now is not the right time. In the same way that I have said to my wife,  no way am I booking a holiday for next year until I gauge how this current UK financial cluster f**k develops, then I won’t be committing money out elsewhere. Things are just too risky at the moment, I’m in a privileged position and I know for some the choice is way more stark, heating the house or feeding the family. Badly worded statement that isn’t taking account of the financial plight many fans find themselves facing. 

Absolutely shocking that some supporters are putting heating their home and feeding their kids before handing over even more money to the club. 

Club quite rightly calling these selfish b*****ds out.

Edited by Hughsie