The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Euan Henderson isn’t getting a game for Hearts. He’d be worth a try but would like to presume we’ve already approached Hearts about him. 

Especially given they're in the hunt to sign that Kwol from Newcastle.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I would only bring in a striker if we can get someone more experienced and/or totally different to Burrell and Alegria.

I don’t see the point in bringing in another youngster when we have 2 decent ones as it is and I can’t see Mcglynn playing 2 up front. I’d rather spend the money in midfield.

A midfielder that would be compatible with Mcginn is a must imo. I would suggest Kerr Mcinroy? if he's available of course. We have been trying to play Oliver as a number 8 most of the season and it's not working. I think Oliver gets a lot of stick and tbh he's been played out of position all season and still managed to score 5 goals for us. He needs to go two up top but he wont - Algeria averaging a goal every 135 minutes or a goal every 1.6 games. Burrell averaging a goal every 173 minutes or just under a goal in every two games. Two strikers in the squad that if given enough minutes could score 15 goals each this season.

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

A midfielder that would be compatible with Mcginn is a must imo. I would suggest Kerr Mcinroy? if he's available of course. We have been trying to play Oliver as a number 8 most of the season and it's not working. I think Oliver gets a lot of stick and tbh he's been played out of position all season and still managed to score 5 goals for us. He needs to go two up top but he wont - Algeria averaging a goal every 135 minutes or a goal every 1.6 games. Burrell averaging a goal every 173 minutes or just under a goal in every two games. Two strikers in the squad that if given enough minutes could score 15 goals each this season.

Kyle Jacobs just released by Morton could work.

11 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I don't think we need to go two up top, there are occasions and games where it could do with being changed to two upfront but the one works perfectly fine when you have a good midfield.

Oliver's a dud, 3 of those goals were against Wick remember. When he played upfront at the start of the season we were toothless.

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

When I think about it, I can't actually name one good Holt signing, maybe Nesbitt but even that's very debatable

I'm only willing to give him Leon Mccann. Mckay's been better this season but he's still got a clanger in him.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

McGuffie next please. 

No chance IMO. We've had 18 league games and McGuffie has played in every one of them, either as a starter or a sub. 

Players who get that much gametime don't want leave unless they have something more lucrative lined up. And McGlynn clearly rates him as a squad player at the very worst. 

If anyone else leaves, it's most likely to be those like Seb Ross and Jaime Wilson  - guys who're not playing and not likely to. 

Craig McGuffie isn't in that category. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

No chance IMO. We've had 18 league games and McGuffie has played in every one of them, either as a starter or a sub. 

Players who get that much gametime don't want leave unless they have something more lucrative lined up. And McGlynn clearly rates him as a squad player at the very worst. 

If anyone else leaves, it's most likely to be those like Seb Ross and Jaime Wilson  - guys who're not playing and not likely to. 

There's not many left other than them. Sneddon is already out on loan, which leaves Malcolm I think.  Pity because I wouldn't be sad to see the back of McGuffie, Hetherington or Nesbitt. Ofcourse it could well be the summer before that happens. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The problem with that is that guys like Ross and Wilson will be on buttons so are not going to free up any significant wages.

If Mcglynn is serious about bringing in better quality, he will need to move on some of those who have been playing like Mcguffie and Nesbitt.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

I would very much have McGuffie in the 'absolutely shite' category and very high on the 'next to be punted' list along with Hetherington. Both players will be on a decent wage and could actually get a gig at another league 1 club, unlike the two we have already let go. McGlynn doing excellent work so far. If Hogarth + clearout lets us bring in Rowe plus a midfielder and a striker it will have been a very good window for us 

50 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The problem with that is that guys like Ross and Wilson will be on buttons so are not going to free up any significant wages.

If Mcglynn is serious about bringing in better quality, he will need to move on some of those who have been playing like Mcguffie and Nesbitt.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wilson or Ross were on a decent wage considering both were brought in under Holt, you don't give players 2 year contracts unless you think they've got something about them. It's not like they were brought in as reserve players. 

For me it looks obvious that McGlynn wants players in. That’s 4 out the door now. I would think the “fringe”’players like Hetherington and McGuffie will want to be playing somewhere as they wont want to be trying to find a club having sat on the bench for a L1 for 6 months. 

2 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

Did he really make 30 appearances?

This was the biggest shock of the article. When the f**k did he play 30 times :lol:

Edit to add: 21 appearances in the league apparently, only 6 of which were starts. All 6 came in the first half of last season. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

For me it looks obvious that McGlynn wants players in. That’s 4 out the door now. I would think the “fringe”’players like Hetherington and McGuffie will want to be playing somewhere as they wont want to be trying to find a club having sat on the bench for a L1 for 6 months. 

Is McGuffie not one of our players with most appearances this season if you include all competitions and appearances from the bench ? It feels to me like he’s pretty much a regular ??