The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That answers the question I was coming on to ask then…😳 I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t tried to take him just now since we haven’t actually had a natural right back all season. 

He'll be injured when he arrives and injured when he leaves. However, he'll only be injured for approximately 75% of the time in between.

I hope I'm wrong and that he does well for you as he seems like a good lad.

I was surprised to see mentioned that Williamson had played 30 games for us....he hasn't 

He has done the square root of fuk all for us, a wonder goal and a good 2nd half performance against the relegation favourites Peterhead is basically all he has done, he of course got injured after his half good game.

He will be one of the top earners and won't be going now unless he agrees to rip up his contract, can't see us trying to pay him to go

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I was surprised to see mentioned that Williamson had played 30 games for us....he hasn't 

He has done the square root of fuk all for us, a wonder goal and a good 2nd half performance against the relegation favourites Peterhead is basically all he has done, he of course got injured after his half good game.

He will be one of the top earners and won't be going now unless he agrees to rip up his contract, can't see us trying to pay him to go

Transfermarkt has him as having played 31, including starting 16 games in a row and playing the full game in almost all them? Have they just got him mixed up with someone else?

22 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Transfermarkt has him as having played 31, including starting 16 games in a row and playing the full game in almost all them? Have they just got him mixed up with someone else?

31 is correct, 22 league starts 4 sub and 5 cup starts.

We have had academy players in their debut season rattling up more games in their debut season before a March Easter.

143 league games for someone who started being a first team regular in 2014 tells the bigger picture for Williamson. He has only shown up in half a game v Peterhead for us in my opinion.

Part time football might help him but he seems terrified to put his body through anything that might cause injury, which is generally moving

Edited by MrDust

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Queen’s Park and Ayr through.

My guess at what the quarters may look like:

Celtic    
Rangers    
Hearts     
Dundee United   
Livingston    
Motherwell 
Ayr    
Falkirk     

Now that would get the juices flowing. 

We'd get drawn away at Livi!

10 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

My personal view:

Let's be realistic. From a standing start we have 630 people paying into FSS at least £10 a month.

THAT IS PRETTY AMAZING and it is NOT a failure. 

To expect 1200 or more to join up within 18 months is to my mind not realistic. With the exception of Hearts, none of the other fan organisations are doing better than 50% of their season ticket holders giving additional donations.

Fans want fan ownership but let's not see a success story be re-scripted as failure or lack of desire.

The important thing is long term steady growth and keeping those already paying in on board. To try to accelerate membership growth beyond what is actually feasible will damage the project.

There are issues with fan ownership - that we see now in these accounts - mainly when money injection is needed the fans can't raise enough quickly enough but this is a known issue (I organised a one day seminar on The Future of Scottish Football back in 1999 for the John Wheatley centre and this was identified then as the biggest problem with fan ownership). It does not mean that fan ownership cannot happen especially if you want a fan ownership that is not a majority of shareholders but a significant proportion.

Football is a stupid industry - it is a "sugar daddy" industry because it has relied on investment from individuals who do not usually seek to regain their investment. But it should not be like that. The whole of football needs to be rebalanced but because there are always people willing to bail out clubs far bigger than ours then the model keeps being dominant. If other clubs had to live within their means then all of football would have to create sane budgets and stop the ever increasing wage and transfer bills.

FSS is a huge success story even when compared with other such organisations and I am fed being told it is under performing. 

This is exactly how I see it too.

Full fan ownership cannot work for us as we will always need some sort of external investment in times of crisis or just getting thru the season as has been seen.

Increasing fan ownership is vital , as is keeping "sugar daddy" serial investors on board with significant shares.

I take my hat off to anyone "investing" in a loss making business. Soft loans are a different kettle of fish and has to be last resort option