The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

P*cks? Packs, pucks, picks, pecks picks? Which one is it? 

And yes, failure to go up WOULD be an unmitigated disaster. But the joy it would bring to us p*cks.... 

Don't worry, your so super big that there's enough gormless fans who'll keep bailing the club out. 😘

Really what was the point of this post?

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really what was the point of this post?

See, now you've asked a question so that usually involves a reply. 

The point of my post, to help your understanding, was that the original poster tried to throw a wee insult towards Airdrie and Dunfermline fans but cocked it up a wee bit. So it seemed like a nice opportunity to point that out, whilst also commenting on other content within his post. So I'd say the point of my post was to respond to someone else's on a thread. Is that not how these things work? Someone comments, people respond, just like you responded to my comment? 

So if that's attention seeking, as Al-FFC seems to think, then I guess we are all attention seekers. 

Unless you just read comments and never respond or make your own comments. But that's just voyeurism. Creepy. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

A few things that strike me from the last few days:

Any attempt to ask the same fans to fund a new fan scheme is not going to work.  We should 100% be pushing FSS more.  There are lots of ways to do this but we should start by offering some kind of benefits.  Suggestions like the one @Brockers61 made about targeting overseas fans or giving perks to FSS fans like exclusive online content or the chance to choose strip design etc wouldn't cost anything but would entice more members imo.  The marketing needs to be much better.  

The Herald article reports that the club couldn't have been clearer that without investment we wouldn't see out the season.  My recollection is the message was strong but not that panic stations level of urgency.  I still don't think the majority of fans realise the state we're in. P&B is a bubble.  

We need to settle on a hybrid fan/private investment model.  We were losing 4-500k in the Championship then pinning our hopes on promotion isn't going to be enough and FSS needs time to grow. 

Having said that, failing to go up this year would be an unmitigated disaster. 

The new pitch grant is great news

Airdrie & Dunfermline fans are p*cks

TBF beat Ayr, get promoted would fill the hole for two seasons buying us that time. 

1 hour ago, AriG-FFC said:

You lot certainly won't bail your club out. You probably couldn't raise enough to pay the stewards. Looking forward to seeing how many home fans stagger down today. You will be outnumbered significantly that's for sure!

This lot let their own club die then skipped over to supporting an entirely new team in Clydebank FFS. There's zero chance they'd bail this mob out if they wouldn't bail out their own team.

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

At least we Falkirk fans have only ever backed one team. All this supporting Airdrie one minute the. Clydebank the next what's that all about.

Don't me me roll out my 2002 patter observation for the second time in 14 hours Shadders

42 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

A lot being made of the returning Airdrie GK today. Very apt if he’s their standard red card today. 

Our issues with Airdrie have never been that they have a goalkeeper pulling off worldys to keep us out tbh, so I would suggest that Henderson making it and the presence of Kucheriavyi as an unkown quantity is of much greater significance in terms of Falkirk trying to take the 3 points than who their goalkeeper is. If we can solve the usual issue of getting steamrollered in the middle of the park then we will create, and probably score, some chances.

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

Massive call to drop PJ after a clean sheet. Must have an illness or injury.

Could be or it might be down to his questionable kicking against alloa.  Mcglynn sees them both in training so will know who the best keeper out the two is. 

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Great start.

Yep, but look on the bright side. It gives us a chance to boost our points tally from a losing position.

Half an hour in, and this could easily be yet another battering from Airdrie.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Keeper at fault for the opener and his poor positioning helped the ball fall to their boy before McCann hacked him down. However, excellent save from the penalty. Not confident from him overall though. We’ve deserved the draw at least so far. Good chances from Henderson and Olivier before the equaliser.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

It’s a bit of a messy game, but fair play for getting back into it. Downside so far is the keeper not having the best of days. Upside is Charlie Telfer missing the penalty.

22 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Keeper at fault for the opener and his poor positioning helped the ball fall to their boy before McCann hacked him down. However, excellent save from the penalty. Not confident from him overall though. We’ve deserved the draw at least so far. Good chances from Henderson and Olivier before the equaliser.

He didn't have much chance with their goal to be fair.  His distribution is a lot better than PJ's in my opinion.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

He didn't have much chance with their goal to be fair.  His distribution is a lot better than PJ's in my opinion.

Yeah I agree with your take. I feel a lot more comfortable with Kinnear so far. He looks a lot more confident collecting crosses etc