The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Exactly communication and chain of command are made clear

People know their responsibilities and the boundaries imposed on them. What they can and cannot do.

It's nothing radical just a good business structure.

...all of which will doubtless be going on in the business itself.

We punters have zero right to know how it is organised*. Do you go into Tesco (if you shop there) and demand to see their "organigram"?

*If you are a shareholder, I accept this might be different.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We punters have zero right to know how it is organised*. Do you go into Tesco (if you shop there) and demand to see their "organigram"?

If you support the club you have a stake in the club. Therefore communication with them should be as informative as possible building goodwill, trust and loyalty. My goodness the supporter has been tested over these the last few years.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You are interpreting that wrongly. It’s a solid simple well proven structure so that you know who is who and what they do. It’s not trade secrets, and it’s not a Tesco with 5,000 employees (or whatever it might be).

Just Job Title, name, and who they report to. It’s really really straightforward. You wouldn’t have to ask to see it. It could be online, and displayed on a board when you walk in.

It’s going to be what.……less than 20 people?

Wow. 😂 A one pager that names the people in the club, what they do, and where they sit in the organisation is “through the looking glass”? Come on now, the Salem Witch Trials were a long time ago, and things have moved on quite a way.  

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wow. 😂 A one pager that names the people in the club, what they do, and where they sit in the organisation is “through the looking glass”? Come on now, the Salem Witch Trials were a long time ago, and things have moved on quite a way.  

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/our-people/

That covers the important stuff I reckon.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If you support the club you have a stake in the club. Therefore communication with them should be as informative as possible building goodwill, trust and loyalty. My goodness the supporter has been tested over these the last few years.

We have a SLO at the club. That is what they are there for. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Think your adding some dramatics there to try and over exaggerate what I said. 

But il go again anyway. As both customers and stakeholders (fss or individual shareholders) we all have levers we can pull to influence who is in post at board level. Everything else cascades down from there and the people in the electable positions know they are the ones on the block with the fanbase. 

Everyone else, ie those in non electable type, non first team employee roles shouldn't really be subject to speculation or scrutiny our opinions on here of the role they are doing or not doing. 

We elect/support board members who we ought to trust to do that oversight.

All IMO obviously.

16 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Rovers would be in a better position this season if the board had intervened with some of your current management teams transfer dealings tbh. 

I'd be wary of giving too much autonomy to Mcglynn and Smith on that front.

Not buying that. Any Director who thinks they know better than their manager (who they employed) about players needs to take a look at themselves. If they manager loses matches he loses his job. Questioning signings or telling the manager not to sign players or tell them they should sign so and so doesn’t work IMO. Gives the manager an excuse. 

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not buying that. Any Director who thinks they know better than their manager (who they employed) about players needs to take a look at themselves. If they manager loses matches he loses his job. Questioning signings or telling the manager not to sign players or tell them they should sign so and so doesn’t work IMO. Gives the manager an excuse. 

Well, Rovers would be in a better position.  Mcglynn and Smith spent an absolute fortune on some average at best players on multiple year deals, plus signing on fees. Chairman came out and said something along the lines of that he wishes they had intervened a bit. .

Zanatta, Keatings, Stanton, Ross and Gullan all brought in on 2/3 year deals.  Of those, only Stanton could be classed as a success - and both Keatings and Zanatta didn't see their deals out. James Keatings in particular is one of the biggest wastes of money you will see at this level.

That's had a direct impact on the budget Ian Murray has had to work with this season, yet he's on course to achieve a similar end result having spent significantly less.  

I wouldn't trust Mcglynn and Smith to manage a budget responsibly,  and I say that as someone who has been an absolutely massive fan of theirs.  A lot of time for them as a football management team, but I'd have someone going through any proposed deals with a fine tooth comb tbh.

Edited by CALDERON

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well, Rovers would be in a better position.  Mcglynn and Smith spent an absolute fortune on some average at best players on multiple year deals, plus signing on fees. Chairman came out and said something along the lines of that he wishes they had intervened a bit. James Keatings in particular is one of the biggest wastes of money you will see at this level.

That's had a direct impact on the budget Ian Murray has had to work with this season.

I wouldn't trust Mcglynn and Smith to manage a budget responsibly,  and I say that as someone who has been an absolutely massive fan of theirs.

TBF on McGlynn the only two signings he has made that have not had an impact have been Allan and Wright. The rest have all worked for us and Allan may also do fine in time. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

TBF on McGlynn the only two signings he has made that have not had an impact have been Allan and Wright. The rest have all worked for us and Allan may also do fine in time. 

Fair do's 

Challenge for us was when we made the step up to the championship,  interesting to see how it goes if and when that happens.  My gut feel is Mcglynn could be the guy to take you up and keep you there - but not the one to progress beyond that.