The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

There’s a fine line between open speech and getting a free ride. McGlynn for me gets it’s so easy. Can’t be arsed remembering the exact words but the question asked from one or two fans ? Seriously 1000 odd fans were thinking and asking the same question at the game today. McGlynn needs to give this lot the biggest shake ever and a size 12 where it hurts 

You ain’t going to get it lad from your own TV Channel. No manager at any club does. 

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

JM interview doesn’t gives me any confidence. Once again stage managed.

Can I ask what you mean by "stage managed?" 

Not having at dig at you, but I can assure you it's not.

I was standing five yards away off camera and watched the interview live. Lewis decides what questions to ask and how to phrase them without any input from the either the club media officers or the manager. He can asks anything he wants, but if the manager doesn't like it he can also get chewed out on camera. 

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Can’t be arsed remembering the exact words but the question asked from one or two fans ? Seriously 1000 odd fans were thinking and asking the same question at the game today. 

A few folk had messaged Lewis on social media and his question was in response to that. 

I'll tell you a story which I've probably posted before on here. Falkirk used to have a manager who was a thoroughly odious individual. I won't name him as I might see him pitchside at some point in the future, but he wouldn't tolerate anything that he saw as criticism. 

Lewis did a postmatch interview with him after a poor performance and he didn't like the questions. He was so petty about it that he refused to ever be interviewed by LC again, and thereafter every postmatch interview was done by a club employee rather than a volunteer. 

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'll tell you a story which I've probably posted before on here. Falkirk used to have a manager who was a thoroughly odious individual. I won't name him as I might see him pitchside at some point in the future, but he wouldn't tolerate anything that he saw as criticism. 

Lewis did a postmatch interview with him after a poor performance and he didn't like the questions. He was so petty about it that he refused to ever be interviewed by LC again, and thereafter every postmatch interview was done by a club employee rather than a volunteer. 

We all know it was Paul Hartley after we got beat at Partick early in the 18-19 season

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

McGuffie - scores one of the best ever goals anyone is likely to see at the stadium, gets a starting slot and turns on a performance I can only describe as utterly useless. 

Nesbitt - after continually having a go at the guy, I thought he had turned the corner with a consistent level of decent displays and I actually thought worthy of a new contract. If I was McGlynn I would be reading the small print to see if there’s a chance to nullify his recent 2 year contract extension. Like McGuffie an absolute shit no show again. 

Nesbitt should not have got another contract regardless of improved form. He will absolutely go missing with more regularity in the championship should we get there and McGuffie is just dugshite. Still a couple of Holt's shitebags that I'd hoped were away at the end of the season, one will unless McGlynn decides to go full mind blown and give McGuffie a deal. 

Edited by ebobsboy

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Nesbitt should not have got another contract regardless of improved form. He will absolutely go missing with more regularity in the championship should we get there and McGuffie is just dugshite. 

McGuffie looks like he’s got great balance but he just flatters to deceive.

8 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

McGuffie looks like he’s got great balance but he just flatters to deceive.

He's got the ability to score the odd worldie and he has for various clubs but they are few and far between. That should not detract from the fact he contributes the sum total of nothing most of the time he plays. 

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He's got the ability to score the odd worldie and he has for various clubs but they are few and far between. That should not detract from the fact he contributes the sum total of nothing most of the time he plays. 

What does Jordan Allan bring to the team so far he has been absolute pish and that’s being kind to him !

Sorry, but for me, McGuffie playing football has a big whiff of Dad Dancing about it.

He is one of those guys that people will point to and say “he was a player that lad, but he never really had the hunger for it. Shame really.”

I have said my belweather for Falkirk was the departure of McGuffie and Nesbitt. Both absolutely the type of player we don’t need.

Clearly McGlynn likes Nesbitt, and hence the new contract. We shall see how that works out, but by my reckoning, Nesbitt has turned in 7 performances this season, and 3 or 4 last season.
If that gets you an added two years these days, then so be it, but McGlynn goes only with what he knows, so we have a side and style of play that is just a version of what he had at RR. We are just missing Lewis Vaughn.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Personally I don’t think either are the answer for next season and beyond but I do think McGuffie has the ability to contribute more in terms of goals and assists than Nesbitt, who seems to just run about to little effect in many games.

Looking at the stats, Nesbitt has 4 goals and 10 assists in all competitions. Mcguffie has 7 goals and 2 assists, but has played far less.

It’s beyond me why one was given a new 2 year deal tbh.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Interesting to hear Gary Oliver say, “If I took every chance, I probably wouldn’t be at Falkirk.”

Imo we have too many players thinking they’re too good for this league when in real life we’re well off top.

It’s fair comment. If our players and managers were really that great then they wouldn’t be at Falkirk. The important part is they meet expectations and perform to the level we’re at. If Gary Oliver is happy with his goal contribution as a striker or if McGlynn thinks a point against Clyde is good enough then they’re failing.

Fortunately I don’t think McGlynn does believe that however he should change his mantra about no easy games in League One. He lauded the size of Falkirk when he joined and for a club like us to spend what we are, we better believe we should be beating Clyde, Queen of the South and Kelty Hearts and challenging for the title.

Just struggle to believe how low expectations have come amongst fans to get the sort of ire on here for suggesting things are not good enough. Acceptance of mediocrity just breeds more. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Fortunately I don’t think McGlynn does believe that however he should change his mantra about no easy games in League One. He lauded the size of Falkirk when he joined and for a club like us to spend what we are, we better believe we should be beating Clyde, Queen of the South and Kelty Hearts and challenging for the title.

Just struggle to believe how low expectations have come amongst fans to get the sort of ire on here for suggesting things are not good enough. Acceptance of mediocrity just breeds more. 

Absolutely this. 👏

Mr. McGlynn, the other managers have got you sussed, time to try something different or we won’t be consolidating that 2nd place which you yourself said was vitally important.

image.jpeg.4cb15530f3e78477729e6f16f16e3521.jpeg

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Oh was it. I bet you are delighted so you could come on here and gloat

Really?

You were never a fan of the old regime but I bet that during their tenure you were gutted when we lost and delighted when we won, yes? I don’t think for one minute that you were desperate to see the club falter and lose games just to get your way, were you? Likewise, I don’t believe that  @Caractacus Potts  was happy to see us perform badly yesterday and drop points just so that he could score points over you.

We all want the club to succeed.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Really?

You were never a fan of the old regime but I bet that during their tenure you were gutted when we lost and delighted when we won, yes? I don’t think for one minute that you were desperate to see the club falter and lose games just to get your way, were you? Likewise, I don’t believe that  @Caractacus Potts  was happy to see us perform badly yesterday and drop points just so that he could score points over you.

We all want the club to succeed.

That’s my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It’s fair comment. If our players and managers were really that great then they wouldn’t be at Falkirk. The important part is they meet expectations and perform to the level we’re at. If Gary Oliver is happy with his goal contribution as a striker or if McGlynn thinks a point against Clyde is good enough then they’re failing.

Imagine the piss take if McGlynn had said yesterday's game would be easy and we drew or got beat.

Like it or not, no manager is ever going to say a game will be easy. These guys all know each other, will speak on a regular basis and will want to keep good relationships so they are not going to risk all that by being disrespectful.